NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Raiders have had MORE coaching changes, I think, than Dolphins have had starting QBs since Marino left...:eek::rant:

EDIT...I was WRONG. Raiders Head coaches since John Madden: 15 Dolphin starting QBs since Dan Marino: 21

damn!

My Raiders have had MORE coaching changes, I think, than Dolphins have had starting QBs since Marino left...:eek::rant:

EDIT...I was WRONG. Raiders Head coaches since John Madden: 15 Dolphin starting QBs since Dan Marino: 21

Steelers had two coaches and three starting QBs since Marino retired.

What about Charlie Batch?

He was always the backup, You can say he started a game or two but it was Ben's team.

But if you guys mean QB's that started games than it would be 23. But it was always Ben, Maddox or Kordell's team.

Vikes training camp starts Friday...pretty stoked to go check them out
Although its not like "it use to be"

Until about 10 years ago training camp was very simple. Its been held at MN State Mankato forever (they've been there since 1966) and setup was a few sets of bleachers, a concession stand and a merchandise stand. Autographs were easy to get as we'd stand by the temporary fence set up (the 3 foot high fence) and the players would walk by and sign stuff. They had to cross a street to get from the fields to the dorms and thats where we all stood.

Then the whole "oh the Vikes might leave Mankato" rumours swirled so Mankato stuck a bunch of money to keep them. But it came at a price for the old school folks
Parking is now $5 (use to be free)...crap they raised it "**Please note that Minnesota State University, Mankato charges $7.00 per car for parking."...and
they've got a bunch of (overpriced) food booths now
you cant bring in any outside food or drink. Sorry I'm not paying $3 for a bottle of water when I can smuggle some in a backpack :)
They've got a bunch of areas that we use to stand that are now outlawed (roped off)
Bunch of huge bleachers which cut off parts of the fields
they have specific autograph stations and its specific group each day

I know....advancement comes at a price

Not sure if posted, but my 49ers added some OL depth in Leonard Davis. Not sure how much he will bring, but the RG spot is uncertain. Have 2 guys competing, Alex Boone, former Ohio State and current 49ers swing OT, and 2011 5th-round pick, Appalachian Stat's Daniel Kilgore, who played all over the line in college, and could be the future Center. I hope Davis brings depth and is able to jump in when/if needed. We like to use a lot of 6 OL sets with run plays, or play action. Seen Joe Staley, and NT Isaac Sopoaga play offense and even get a reception in 2011.

JUCJ85 said:
Not sure if posted, but my 49ers added some OL depth in Leonard Davis. Not sure how much he will bring, but the RG spot is uncertain. Have 2 guys competing, Alex Boone, former Ohio State and current 49ers swing OT, and 2011 5th-round pick, Appalachian Stat's Daniel Kilgore, who played all over the line in college, and could be the future Center. I hope Davis brings depth and is able to jump in when/if needed. We like to use a lot of 6 OL sets with run plays, or play action. Seen Joe Staley, and NT Isaac Sopoaga play offense and even get a reception in 2011.

They are gonna be scary...

there are times i really hate espn. non stop talk about the jets and their backup QB tebow :rolleyes: there are other teams and camps.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)