NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumervil also... the old "that's not my gun in the car I'm driving that's also not mine after gelling you there's no gun in said car" routine after an alleged road rage incident that included brandishing said gun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah,I mentioned that earlier

There must be something in the water that's doing something to NFL players. In addition to Adrian Peterson's legal troubles,add Elvis Dumervil to the list.
Report: Elvis Dumervil arrested on assault with firearm charge
Report: Elvis Dumervil arrested on assault with firearm charge - NFL - Sporting News

The Broncos,with Peyton Manning,have an excellent shot to advance far in the playoffs,& Dumervil has to jeopardize everything with a stupid weapons charge arrest.

We use sports to escape these realities of life & it is very sad when our sports heroes do the very things we are trying to escape from. All of these players,including Adrian Peterson,are really testing Roger Goodell's authority. After how hard he came down on the coaches & players of New Orleans Saints' "Bountygate," he has to come down with harsh punishments for these players,& it will really hurt the Broncos with Dumervil.

Dumervil also... the old "that's not my gun in the car I'm driving that's also not mine after gelling you there's no gun in said car" routine after an alleged road rage incident that included brandishing said gun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Still don't have all the facts, but....it was reported last night the gun in the glove compartment was not Dumervil's.

A road rage incident in the South Beach area of Miami Beach, Fla., precipitated the arrest of Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a Miami Beach police report.

The incident occurred Saturday about 5 p.m. EDT on Collins Avenue, which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip. The police report alleges that Dumervil and his friend, Andy Auguste, left their vehicles, approached the occupants of a white Impala and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.
Two sources close to Dumervil, however, said Monday he was not carrying a gun. The police report states a gun was found in the vehicle Dumervil was driving, but the sources say the vehicle and gun did not belong to Dumvervil.

Read more: Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21085119/elvis-dumervil-arrest-miami-road-rage#ixzz20tOs6brT

Police report from Elvis Dumervil’s arrest in Miami -
Embedded below is the complete police report from Elvis Dumervil’s arrest in Miami. Certain personal information has been redacted.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/07/16/police-report-elvis-dumervils-arrest-miami/14278/

Last edited by a moderator:
Still don't have all the facts, but....it was reported last night the gun in the glove compartment was not Dumervil's.

A road rage incident in the South Beach area of Miami Beach, Fla., precipitated the arrest of Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a Miami Beach police report.

The incident occurred Saturday about 5 p.m. EDT on Collins Avenue, which is one block off the famous Ocean Drive strip. The police report alleges that Dumervil and his friend, Andy Auguste, left their vehicles, approached the occupants of a white Impala and lifted their shirts, each displaying a gun.
Two sources close to Dumervil, however, said Monday he was not carrying a gun. The police report states a gun was found in the vehicle Dumervil was driving, but the sources say the vehicle and gun did not belong to Dumvervil.

Read more: Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post Elvis Dumervil not carrying a gun at his arrest in Miami, sources say - The Denver Post

Police report from Elvis Dumervil’s arrest in Miami -
Embedded below is the complete police report from Elvis Dumervil’s arrest in Miami. Certain personal information has been redacted.
Police report from Elvis Dumervil's arrest in Miami

Whether the gun was his not withstanding,it was still very stupid of him to engage in a road rage incident. He has hurt the Broncos by his action,because Goodell HAS to suspend him for his behavior,not including possible prison time. How long he is suspended is of course up to Goodell.

All of these players seem to be sabotaging my fantasy of the NFL & CFL merging,because they wouldn't be able to get VISA's to play in Canada due to possible felony convictions(Michael Vick,Plaxico Burress,who was the player convicted of manslaughter?).

Last edited:
nfl_rryan_sy_576.jpg

When Jets coach Rex Ryan stepped on a scale a few days before the 2009 AFC Championship Game, he was shocked -- and frightened -- by the number: 348 pounds.

Ryan underwent lap-band surgery and, more than two years later, he happily announced Thursday that he has dropped 106 pounds. At 242, Ryan actually weighs less than Tim Tebow, his backup quarterback.

New York Jets' Rex Ryan says he's dropped 106 pounds - ESPN New York

I still think Plaxico Burress could have been better off going elsewhere than the Jets.

If he went somewhere with an established, capable QB- I wouldn't have taken my chances with the 'You don't know what you'll get' Sanchez. He's a tad streaky.

Steelers extend Mike Tomlin's contract through the 2016 season...

Love 'em or hate 'em, this is why the Steelers have been so successful over the years.

Three head coaches in over 40 years (it will be close to 50 years at the end of Tomlin's extension), now that's stability!!

Love 'em or hate 'em, this is why the Steelers have been so successful over the years.

Three head coaches in over 40 years (it will be close to 50 years at the end of Tomlin's extension), now that's stability!!

Amen so true and I don't live in Pittsburgh but I have been a Steelers fan since I was a kid :)

You just got my heart pumpin, man I cant wait till football season starts! Steelernation.

Yeah we don't understand how teams can go through so many coaches all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)