NFL 2013 Off-season discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

Chiefs now fully staffed outside of maybe a few assistants. GM/OC/DC all hired this week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

With a decent crop of QB's(Matt Barkley,Gino Smith,& Landry Jones) coming out of college for the 2013 draft,& the possibility of Alex Smith becoming available,there is no excuse for teams like the Cowboys & the Cardinals not to improve their QB status for next season. In Dallas' case,there is no reason why they can't draft any one of the three QB's I've mentioned. With Dallas' bad record & potentially high place in the draft,there's no way all three QB's will already be taken before Dallas' turn to pick comes up. But IF such an unlikely scenario does occur,AND if Alex Smith does go to another team,then the Cowboys should pick up Tim Tebow,because even Tebow is a better choice over Tony Romo.

With a decent crop of QB's(Matt Barkley,Gino Smith,& Landry Jones) coming out of college for the 2013 draft,& the possibility of Alex Smith becoming available,there is no excuse for teams like the Cowboys & the Cardinals not to improve their QB status for next season. In Dallas' case,there is no reason why they can't draft any one of the three QB's I've mentioned. With Dallas' bad record & potentially high place in the draft,there's no way all three QB's will already be taken before Dallas' turn to pick comes up. But IF such an unlikely scenario does occur,AND if Alex Smith does go to another team,then the Cowboys should pick up Tim Tebow,because even Tebow is a better choice over Tony Romo.

There are no franchise QB's in the draft according to most scouting reports.

I agree with you. The guy I like the best is Nessib from Syracuse and you can get him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

OT: Is there a reason why I can't like or thank your posts?

Re: NFL 2013 Off-season notes & transactions

I agree with you. The guy I like the best is Nessib from Syracuse and you can get him in the 2nd or 3rd round.

OT: Is there a reason why I can't like or thank your posts?

Since that would send a notification could be an indication you are on ignore ?

I'm still hoping chiefs go QB. Would rather whiff and tank and have another high pick instead of going something else, picking up a veteran to lead us to 8-8 for a few years

There may not be a "franchise QB" in the upcoming draft,but there has to be a QB better than Romo. The same can also be said for Mark Sanchez & the "wannabes" that the Cardinals fielded this past season.

According to the scouts there aren't any franchise Qb's this year.However who would have thought Russel Wilson would be so good?Or Colin Kapernick for that matter.There could be 2-3 very similar Qb's to be found in this draft.The scouts aren't always right.

According to the scouts there aren't any franchise Qb's this year.However who would have thought Russel Wilson would be so good?Or Colin Kapernick for that matter.There could be 2-3 very similar Qb's to be found in this draft.The scouts aren't always right.

Joe Montana & Tom Brady were chosen in the lower rounds(I think Montana was a second or third round choice) & look how well they turned out.

Since that would send a notification could be an indication you are on ignore ?

I'm still hoping chiefs go QB. Would rather whiff and tank and have another high pick instead of going something else, picking up a veteran to lead us to 8-8 for a few years

Well with the new salary structure of draft picks whiffing on a 1st round QB, isn't as bad as it used to be.

If they do go QB, it probably will be Geno Smith. Reid did a good job of coaching up McNabb when he got him.

Well with the new salary structure of draft picks whiffing on a 1st round QB, isn't as bad as it used to be.

If they do go QB, it probably will be Geno Smith. Reid did a good job of coaching up McNabb when he got him.

That's one thing I give a lot of credit to Reid about.He has always managed to get the most out of Qb's.From Mcnabb,Feely,Kolb,Garcia,to Foles.If not for turnovers you might even throw Vick in.

I dont know if this was mentioned or you know about this but I believe Tony Sparano interviewed for a job with the Cheifs. I think it was the offensive coordinator job. Maybe somebody can double check on that. I heard it because I live in CT. and Sparano used to coach the University of New Haven.

I dont know if this was mentioned or you know about this but I believe Tony Sparano interviewed for a job with the Cheifs. I think it was the offensive coordinator job. Maybe somebody can double check on that. I heard it because I live in CT. and Sparano used to coach the University of New Haven.

I believe it was an O-line coaching position....

Pretty sure Reid hired Doug Pederson (ex Eagles QB coach) as OC.Also kind of figured that Reid would bring Castillo in for the o-line.He was really solid on the o-line,not so much as DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)