NFL 2016-17 Season

What a mess this sure has been. As good as Reggie and co. have done at building this roster, paper thin depth at QB has sunk their chances.

The defense is barely making enough plays (and the Texans misfiring just enough) to prevent it from becoming the most embarrassing loss since their last Super Bowl appearance at this rate.

King isn't even punting well. Must be getting tired, with Oakland currently at 0/10 on 3rd down.

Absolutely sucks what happened to the Raiders. A month ago they were a serious Super Bowl contender, and then not only do they lose their franchise QB, their talented offensive line gets ravaged by injuries. Again, I'm a Patriots fan first, but I HATE when that happens to ANY team.

Reactions: satjay
C1nB4XBUoAIQBth.jpg

Steeler football, don't wrap up, just hit them harder. So stupid.
Thats the way of football now days, unfortunately.
If you have good balance you may keep going.

Tackling is a lost art anymore since the Big hit mentality came into football, the majority of teams are that way now.

Steelers tackled MUCH better today than the last time these two teams played.

My personal odds to reach Championship Sunday:

Patriots 90% (Texans 10%)
Cowboys 58% (Packers 42%)
Chiefs 55% (Steelers 45%)
Falcons 53% (Seahawks 47%)

We had a major snowstorm here over the weekend, and my biggest concern was to not lose power so we wouldn't miss the playoff games. What was I thinking? Unless you're a fan of one of the four winning teams, this weekend was as compelling as watching paint dry

Reactions: mccoyrj
Current odds to win the Super Bowl:

Patriots 7-4
Cowboys 17-4
Packers 7-1
Falcons 15-2
Steelers 8-1
Chiefs 9-1
Seahawks 12-1
Texans 80-1

IMO, the Seahawks are FAR AND AWAY the best "value" on the board. Yes, they have to win in Atlanta (and potentially Dallas) just to reach the Super Bowl. But they're also a win against the Falcons and a Packers win in Dallas away from hosting the NFCCG at arguably the best home field advantage in the NFL. And if they get to the SB, they have proven they can hang with any AFC team (including the Patriots). Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking Seattle to win it all, but I do think they are the best value left on the board.

Chargers have been given until Tuesday now to file for relocation, from Sunday, as to not interfere w/ playoffs and MLK day.

Stadium and Finance Committee is meeting, could be some major news about Raiders to Vegas today, or at the very least a number of affirmative comments from the owners in attendance. 11th hour deal in Oakland still appears to be DOA and just a way for the politicians involved to say they tried.

Chargers announcing plans formally to the organization at 8am PST tomorrow, plan to play in 30k seat StubHub stadium until 2019.

Suddenly the Raiders playing in Sam Boyd Stadium doesn't seem as far fetched.

Interesting topic on NFL Network last night. Kurt Warner was ranking the quarterbacks that are left in the playoffs 1 through 8. The one thing I agreed with was his opinion that 1 (Tom Brady) and 8 (Brock Osweiler) were obvious. 2 through 5 is where is gets muddled. After Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson rounded out Warner's top 4. Amazingly he didn't have Aaron Rodgers (#5) in his top 4 (Alex Smith and Dak Prescott were #6 and 7 respectively). Warner claimed his criteria for his rankings were the 2016 season (as a whole) and past postseason performances. If past performance was a criteria, how is Ryan ahead of Rodgers (and Wilson for that matter)? Yes, Rodgers has laid an egg or two in past postseasons, but at least he has won a Super Bowl. What exactly has Ryan done?

My rankings:
1. Brady

2. Roethlisberger
3. Rodgers

4. Wilson

5. Ryan

6. Smith

7. Prescott

8. Osweiler

So the Spanos family can pay a $650 million dollar relocation fee, but can't put that money towards a new stadium?

I love Football but 1 day the greed and incompetence of leadership is going to sink the NFL.

Nice rip off of the LA Dodgers logo though, really put a lot of effort in to that one.

So the Spanos family can pay a $650 million dollar relocation fee, but can't put that money towards a new stadium?

I love Football but 1 day the greed and incompetence of leadership is going to sink the NFL.

Nice rip off of the LA Dodgers logo though, really put a lot of effort in to that one.

That's not really apples to apples, the relocation fee can be paid over like 30 years and some of it can be borrowed.

Agreed. In fact, the whole thing makes me sick! I hope they fail miserably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)