NFL 2022

You make a very good point about Stafford and Garoppolo. They are good quarterbacks, but I just find both of them kind of “”mehhh”. As far as Rodgers goes, he was a part of the point of my post (along with Brady, Wilson and Ryan). They’re all on the back nine of their respective careers. I realize I’m going back a loooooooooong time ago, but look at the QB’s in the mid-late 70’s. Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Ken Stabler, Dan Fouts, Archie Manning, Bert Jones, Joe Ferguson, Brian Sipe, Ken Anderson, Dan Pastorini, Joe Theismann, Fran Tarkenton, Ron Jaworski, Steve Bartkowski, Jim Hart, etc. There’s just not that kind of quality depth in NFL starting QB’s in the league anymore.
Well you are scanning 2 decades at the very least for those guys. the ones I bolded some are not even .500 QB's the others are barely .500. but I remember them too. before my post. some became better pitchmen than QB's. even if you are right(about that depth statement above). it doesn't change yesterdays statement. That might have been true 5-25 years ago.

I just hope to be here 10 years from now to see how these kids workout.
but there's lots of happy teams today.

Still don't agree
IMO, the QB position is at an all time low point in the NFL.

I heard a guy on TV say last week. "Steve Young was better than Joe Montana".
I wanted to ask him..... why was he on the bench in Tampa too ?
he couldn't beat out Vinny.

Comparing him to Manning who was physically incapable of QB’ing and Favre who was well past his prime isn’t fair. Brady can still make the playoffs this year. The NFL could have survived without Brady this year, but Brady is no where near the “retire already” state of his career. He is unlike any other player before him.

Don’t forget what he’s got waiting for him…..

Yup,
Brady was a good but far from Great QB at Michigan ...

Yes, Brady won a National Championship in '97, with Gresie at QB ...
Then he battled with of all people Drew Henson for playing time in his Junior year, Starting as a Sr.

Huh?? I’m not questioning the college part. I didn’t even follow him when he was at Michigan. I was referring to when you said he became “very good” AFTER he left Michigan. Hence my Elon Musk living comfortably within his means analogy.

Last edited:
Huh?? I’m not questioning the college part. I didn’t even follow him when he was at Michigan. I was referring to when you said he became “very good” AFTER he left Michigan. Hence my Elon Musk living comfortably within his means analogy.
Went with a better team and ended up doing very well.

The Patriots win in convincing fashion that proves they are for real... a .500 team.

Bills and Chiefs... I feel for them. I remember the seasons just waiting for the meaningless regular season to end so the real games for the Patriots could start.

Browns vs. Bengals on Monday Night Football. Considering the teams colors and it’s Halloween night, did the NFL make a concerted effort to schedule this game, or was it just a coincidence?

Last edited:
The Patriots win in convincing fashion that proves they are for real... a .500 team.

Bills and Chiefs... I feel for them. I remember the seasons just waiting for the meaningless regular season to end so the real games for the Patriots could start.
It's not like that for the Bills. We're still just getting accustomed to winning so every game is still worthy of nail-biting

It's not like that for the Bills. We're still just getting accustomed to winning so every game is still worthy of nail-biting

You guys have a wagon there- on BOTH sides of the ball!! I was listening to local sports radio here yesterday and they were looking at the rest of the NFL schedule. They were hard pressed to find another Bills loss on there. Of course there’s always the caveat of injuries, but they are very clearly the favorite to win it all (especially since it’s looking more and more likely that this time the Chiefs will have to play in Orchard Park come the middle of January).

Reactions: HipKat
Browns vs. Bengals on Monday Night Football. Considering the teams colors and it’s Halloween night, did the NFL make a concerted effort to schedule this game, or was it just a coincidence?
Have to admit it sure was a scary game for the Bengals and their fans!

Reactions: BillD1984
Have to admit it sure was a scary game for the Bengals and their fans!

I have to admit I was very high on the Bengals coming into the year- despite the so called “Super Bowl loser’s jinx”. There’s still plenty of time for them to turn it around, but they have been very inconsistent.

Took a bit more time on the subject of the NFL & QB's. let's go back 5 previous seasons to 2017. at the start who had a QB they had hope in.
and were they right to.

Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
TB12, year 6 of Tannehill he was injured.

Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
Big Ben, year 7 of Dalton, year 10 of Flaco

Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Houston Texans
Luck, year 3 of Mariota, Watson rookie

Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Las Vegas Raiders
Denver Broncos
Rivers, year 4 of Carr

Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
Washington Commanders
Eli, Wentz, Dak year 2

Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Rogers, Stafford

Atlanta Falcons
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Brees, Ryan, Newton, year 3 of Winston

Seattle Seahawks
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
Wilson, Jimmy G first year, Goff rookie,

At that time the NFC South looked the most settled, quickly to change. there were teams with false hope in 2017. many vets with little left in their tanks.
The next 4 drafts gave some hope to many teams today. looking backward from 2017 were some dark ages for so many teams drafting didn't help most, to even find a good QB. AFC East being the worse for fans, with Sanchez holding a small light for a moment.
Time will tell if these young Kids can produce for their teams but lots of hope these days.

After watching parts of the KC vs Tennessee game, I an glad the Steelers did not take Malik Willis in the 1st round ...
Kenny Pickett hasn't been great, but at least he can throw the ball to his recvrs, most of the time.
Willis has a running O Line, not sure how much it does Pass blocking (sounds like other teams I know of too, Pittsburgh and Chicago come to mind, but the Steelers can't run or pass block really, Chicago is a run blocking O line as well) Titans Pass blocking has a LOT to be desired.

Wow. The Patriots Defense looks unstoppable against mediocre to bad teams. The funny thing is, the Patriots beat the Jets more than the final score implies... yet the Jets managed to beat the Bills?! What the heck? Are the Bills one loss from being 2nd in the AFC East in a tiebreaker? The more worrying this is the Dolphins look to be for real.

The Patriots had more sacks than the Colts had first downs. That is pretty bad. What is not as bad, but still bad, the Patriots barely had more first downs than they had sacks. Now, I mean, yes, they had 9 sacks, but you should have a bit more than 11 first downs! Also the Pats scored as many TDs on offense as they did defense. The Pats are a solid 9-8 team. Spent a good deal of money to be 9-8, though.

Reactions: AZ.
This is how I would rank the AFC right now-

1. Bills
2. Chiefs
Huge drop off

3. Dolphins
4. Ravens
5. Bengals
6. Titans
7. Chargers
8. Jets
9. Patriots
Huge drop off

10. Browns
11. Broncos
12. Jaguars
13. Raiders
14. Steelers
15. Colts
16. Texans

* I agree that the Dolphins are a team to watch

* Don’t sleep on either the Ravens or Bengals

* Titans will beat the living bleep out of anyone, but I can’t consider them a legit playoff threat with their QB situation

* The top and middle of the AFC is light years ahead of the NFC…..the bottom not so much

Reactions: AZ.
This is how I would rank the AFC right now-

1. Bills
2. Chiefs
Huge drop off

3. Dolphins
4. Ravens
5. Bengals
6. Titans
7. Chargers
8. Jets
9. Patriots
Huge drop off

10. Browns
11. Broncos
12. Jaguars
13. Raiders
14. Steelers
15. Colts
16. Texans

* I agree that the Dolphins are a team to watch

* Don’t sleep on either the Ravens or Bengals

* Titans will beat the living bleep out of anyone, but I can’t consider them a legit playoff threat with their QB situation

* The top and middle of the AFC is light years ahead of the NFC…..the bottom not so much
I think the Dolphins might actually be able to compete with the Bills and Chiefs. Tyrek Hill leads the league in receptions, with something like all of them. The only reason they have 3 losses was the concussion to their QB. The Dolphins somehow managed to become a great team by surprise... it might be the previous 10 or so false predictions of their resurgence that led to that.

As for the Pats, they aren't in the 2nd tier. They belong in their own tier. Much better than Browns, nowhere near as good as Bengals. They lack offense and Mac Jones isn't clicking enough with the offense. The Titans surprised me because I don't watch any of their games, so apparently ignorant gut feelings aren't very reliable.

Reactions: BillD1984