NFL 2022

I was just looking to see JK. Dobbins with Baltimore, I haven't really kept up on him of late, I know he was coming off injury, going into the new year ... haven't heard much about him since the new season, other than might be injured, I saw something that they moved him to the IR list last Saturday ... does that mean he's done for the next 4 games (at least ) ?

Yes, IR is a minimum of 4 games.

Wow!! They got Toney?? I like this kid a LOT!! Like you said very injury prone, but he has HUGE upside!! With Smith-Shuster, Valdes-Scantling, Hardman and now Toney, that’s as deep a WR corps in the league. Hard to believe they’re actually deeper WITHOUT Tyreek Hill.

Yeah, they had a recent game where nobody could get any separation compounded by poor pass protection, I think when healthy at the very least he'll help take the top off the defense and create more opportunities for the better quality depth we have at WR now to mitigate exactly that problem.

Reactions: BillD1984
I have to admit I’m very sad watching Tom out there right now. I really wish he just stayed retired.

I have to admit I’m very sad watching Tom out there right now. I really wish he just stayed retired.

Tom Brady. Peyton Manning. Brett Favre. The list goes on. WHy don't they just listen to the people around them when it's time to let it go?

Tom Brady. Peyton Manning. Brett Favre. The list goes on. WHy don't they just listen to the people around them when it's time to let it go?

This is the question I always ask myself. It has to be fame and ego, right? Unless they have the money management skills of a 4 year old, it can’t be financial. That said, I do get it from a team’s perspective- to a certain extent. Just one look around the NFL shows you the state of the QB position. Off the top of my head I count 5 teams (Chiefs, Bills, Chargers, Bengals and Ravens) that are all set at the most important position in sports for the next 5-8 years. All the rest have either young QB’s that the jury is still out on, or QB’s that have seen much better days. There are other QB’s like Cousins, Prescott, Carr and Murray who are okay, but I question if they can take their team to the promised land. I expect Watson to be great when he gets back from his suspension, but you just never know after a layoff this long. IMO, the QB position is at an all time low point in the NFL.

Reactions: HipKat
the QB position is at an all time low point in the NFL.
I can't agree with you on this, unlike most of the time.
just the guys in your post. when were there ever that many that good at the same time ?
Herbert might be a bit over rated today but he might not. those other 9 guy are pretty good. when can you say there were 10 good QB's ? you don't have Rogers in your post. The Guy who won the SB last year Stafford.
let alone the most disrespected QB these days or ever Jimmy G. in how many times in past years no team would have traded for Jimmy ? knowing what you were getting, still. that's how strong the QB stock is today.

Look over the standings and how many QB's are just trash ?
I recall days nearly half the league had joker pretenders.
This group might be the best ever. even before the AFL days. with just a handful of teams. these Kids these days are very good.

just the guys in your post. when were there ever that many that good at the same time ?
Herbert might be a bit over rated today but he might not. those other 9 guy are pretty good. when can you say there were 10 good QB's ? you don't have Rogers in your post. The Guy who won the SB last year Stafford.
let alone the most disrespected QB these days or ever Jimmy G. in how many times in past years no team would have traded for Jimmy ? knowing what you were getting, still. that's how strong the QB stock is today.

This group might be the best ever. even before the AFL days. with just a handful of teams. these Kids these days are very good.
Stafford is not a top-tier QB. Upper middle of the pack. Rodgers hasn't looked as good this year, either.

Reactions: BillD1984

You make a very good point about Stafford and Garoppolo. They are good quarterbacks, but I just find both of them kind of “”mehhh”. As far as Rodgers goes, he was a part of the point of my post (along with Brady, Wilson and Ryan). They’re all on the back nine of their respective careers. I realize I’m going back a loooooooooong time ago, but look at the QB’s in the mid-late 70’s. Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Ken Stabler, Dan Fouts, Archie Manning, Bert Jones, Joe Ferguson, Brian Sipe, Ken Anderson, Dan Pastorini, Joe Theismann, Fran Tarkenton, Ron Jaworski, Steve Bartkowski, Jim Hart, etc. There’s just not that kind of quality depth in NFL starting QB’s in the league anymore.

Because Brady won three Super Bowls after he was “finished”. This is Tom’s first not very good year.

Comparing him to Manning who was physically incapable of QB’ing and Favre who was well past his prime isn’t fair. Brady can still make the playoffs this year. The NFL could have survived without Brady this year, but Brady is no where near the “retire already” state of his career. He is unlike any other player before him.

Comparing him to Manning who was physically incapable of QB’ing and Favre who was well past his prime isn’t fair.

I agree that he hasn’t reached the Manning and Favre levels of “falling off the cliff”, but you have to admit that he’s trending in the wrong direction very quickly. Besides, is that the barometer that we now want to view Brady? That he wasn’t “as bad” as Manning and Favre at the end of their careers? Count me out on that one. I wanted to see him go out on top (that doesn’t necessarily mean as a SB champion, but just performing at a high level). What we’re seeing now is the antithesis of that.
Brady can still make the playoffs this year.
Of course he can, but in a severely weak NFC South. The Bucs could wind up 7-10, and still be hosting a Wildcard game. Again, is THAT how we want to see Brady go out? And again, count me out.

The NFL could have survived without Brady this year, but Brady is no where near the “retire already” state of his career. He is unlike any other player before him.
Even the biggest Brady sycophant (which I’m actually pretty close to being) wouldn’t say he’s at the very least no where near the end (and I emphasis “at the very least”). And absolutely he is unlike any player before him, and THAT’s why I wish he stayed retired.

Stafford is not a top-tier QB. Upper middle of the pack. Rodgers hasn't looked as good this year, either.
I'd say Stafford IS Top 10 and belongs in that group.

Lot of them would be MUCH better had they been drafted/traded to a overall better team.
You can't tell me that the Rams would have got there last year without him.

Sorry, Lions didn't know how to run an offense, let alone use a potential Star.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AZ. and madmadworld
I agree that he hasn’t reached the Manning and Favre levels of “falling off the cliff”, but you have to admit that he’s trending in the wrong direction very quickly. Besides, is that the barometer that we now want to view Brady? That he wasn’t “as bad” as Manning and Favre at the end of their careers? Count me out on that one. I wanted to see him go out on top (that doesn’t necessarily mean as a SB champion, but just performing at a high level). What we’re seeing now is the antithesis of that.

Of course he can, but in a severely weak NFC South. The Bucs could wind up 7-10, and still be hosting a Wildcard game. Again, is THAT how we want to see Brady go out? And again, count me out.

Even the biggest Brady sycophant (which I’m actually pretty close to being) wouldn’t say he’s at the very least no where near the end (and I emphasis “at the very least”). And absolutely he is unlike any player before him, and THAT’s why I wish he stayed retired.
Fwiw, Brady would have to Retire a few more times before putting him in the Favre category.

Once he finally does retire, (I think will be after this season) although with him now being divorced, he may decide to Keep playing.

I will always think of him as a Pat, as well as a very Avg Xichigan QB that became very good with the Team he went to.

Fwiw, Brady would have to Retire a few more times before putting him in the Favre category.

I’m not even talking about the retirement part as much as I am the performance part, but I get your point.

Once he finally does retire, (I think will be after this season) although with him now being divorced, he may decide to Keep playing.
Oh God no!! Please let this be his last season.

I will always think of him as a Pat, as well as a very Avg Xichigan QB that became very good with the Team he went to.

You think Tom Brady became “very good”after Michigan,Jimbo? That’s like saying Elon Musk is living comfortably within his means.

I’m not even talking about the retirement part as much as I am the performance part, but I get your point.

Oh God no!! Please let this be his last season.

You think Tom Brady became “very good”after Michigan,Jimbo? That’s like saying Elon Musk is living comfortably within his means.
Yup,
Brady was a good but far from Great QB at Michigan ...

Yes, Brady won a National Championship in '97, with Gresie at QB ...
Then he battled with of all people Drew Henson for playing time in his Junior year, Starting as a Sr.

Reactions: AZ.

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?