NFL 2022

I agree with all of that, but I still think it’s impressive to win games back to back weeks in historically tough places to win. A team as young as the Jets aren’t expected to win both of those games- opponents status notwithstanding.
Normally its odd for the Jets to Win 2 in a row Anytime, against Anyone ....
I too give them credit !

So what? Patriots could go 4-3 tonight. The records might be good enough for playoffs, but they aren't competing in the AFC with the big dogs. I don't even know if the NFC has a big dog, this year has a real 2007 feel to it for the NFC. It is hard to gauge significance with the records of all opponents being between 4-3 and 2-5. The Eagles are at least 5th in yards per game

The Jets are 22nd in total yard per game average. You ask if they were for real, I said no, stats be why.
Philly and the Giants look pretty stout.
THe Jets are doing one thing good; learning to win and gaining confidence

Reactions: BillD1984
Holy crap did the Bears give the Pats an arse whoopin tonight!! In all phases of the game.
Well, Patriot fans will always have that 6 minute stretch in the 2nd Quarter. Patriots need to figure out the QB situation. Never thought there would be a QB controversy in New England this year. Hard to tell if Jones came back too soon, pressured by Zappe's performances or whether he was ready and just wasn't clicking. Granted, the guy is in his second season and it takes time to step back in.

Well, Patriot fans will always have that 6 minute stretch in the 2nd Quarter. Patriots need to figure out the QB situation. Never thought there would be a QB controversy in New England this year. Hard to tell if Jones came back too soon, pressured by Zappe's performances or whether he was ready and just wasn't clicking. Granted, the guy is in his second season and it takes time to step back in.

Everyone is talking about the QB situation here (NE) this morning, but no one is talking about the elephant in the room. The Patriots run defense is an absolute sieve. Furthermore, they suck at containing QB’s that can move outside the pocket. There is no discipline at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if Josh Allen rushes for 400 yards in the two games this year. If you can’t stop the run in the NFL, you have no shot. This years defense reminds me of the 2019 team. Remember them, “The Boogiemen”?? It was around this time 3 years ago. At the time I called that defense vastly overrated, and I was ultimately right. This defense- while not getting nearly the same acclaim- is also vastly overrated.

Reactions: HipKat
Everyone is talking about the QB situation here (NE) this morning, but no one is talking about the elephant in the room. The Patriots run defense is an absolute sieve.
Yes it is... no it isn't. The Patriots run defense changes throughout a game. They become impossible to run against at times... and then every run gains 10 yards. An odd Jekyll - Hyde thing.
Furthermore, they suck at containing QB’s that can move outside the pocket. There is no discipline at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if Josh Allen rushes for 400 yards in the two games this year. If you can’t stop the run in the NFL, you have no shot. This years defense reminds me of the 2019 team. Remember them, “The Boogiemen”?? It was around this time 3 years ago. At the time I called that defense vastly overrated, and I was ultimately right. This defense- while not getting nearly the same acclaim- is also vastly overrated.
This is the issue of beating the Lions and Browns. The defense starts looking better than it is. Patriots simply aren't a great team. It is taking some time getting used to that. I'd say their open field tackling is great. But that is about it.

Reactions: AZ.
This is the issue of beating the Lions and Browns. The defense starts looking better than it is. Patriots simply aren't a great team. It is taking some time getting used to that. I'd say their open field tackling is great. But that is about it.

While this is true, I also think Bailey Zappe is a product of playing the Lions and Browns.

Ravens at Buccaneers tonight. At the beginning of the year I thought this may have been a Super Bowl preview. Now it’s just two teams that are trying to right the ship.

I was just looking to see JK. Dobbins with Baltimore, I haven't really kept up on him of late, I know he was coming off injury, going into the new year ... haven't heard much about him since the new season, other than might be injured, I saw something that they moved him to the IR list last Saturday ... does that mean he's done for the next 4 games (at least ) ?

Giants' Toney the latest Andy Reid redemption project. Chiefs give a 3rd and 6th for a scary good WR when healthy.

Just an odd move 4 days removed from the first 100+ yard WR performance by 2 Chiefs receivers in a single game since 2000.

Giants' Toney the latest Andy Reid redemption project. Chiefs give a 3rd and 6th for a scary good WR when healthy.

Just an odd move 4 days removed from the first 100+ yard WR performance by 2 Chiefs receivers in a single game since 2000.

Wow!! They got Toney?? I like this kid a LOT!! Like you said very injury prone, but he has HUGE upside!! With Smith-Shuster, Valdes-Scantling, Hardman and now Toney, that’s as deep a WR corps in the league. Hard to believe they’re actually deeper WITHOUT Tyreek Hill.

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?