NFL 2022

Can we stop speaking of the Broncos this season.
Nathan Hackett may go down as the worst head coach in the history of football. Definitely in the history of the Denver Broncos.

The real question is, how long until he gets fired? When is Denvers by week?

Dare we say at 5-2 the Jets are for real? Back to back road wins at Green Bay and Denver is pretty impressive. Granted neither the Packers or Broncos are who we thought they were, but they’re still two of the toughest venues for a road team to win.

Reactions: madmadworld
Dare we say at 5-2 the Jets are for real?
The wins for the Jets are against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Miami starting a 3rd string QB, Green Bay and Denver......not exactly powerhouse teams or teams that are functioning on all cylinders. They get the Bills twice and Minnesota once in the next 8 weeks so that will show everyone who the Jets are. They have some young pieces that will be really good players in the next couple of years which I think will definitely make them good for a number of years.

They are definitely taking advantage of the schedule you get when you finish last in the division.

Reactions: HipKat and Yespage
The wins for the Jets are against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Miami starting a 3rd string QB, Green Bay and Denver......not exactly powerhouse teams or teams that are functioning on all cylinders. They get the Bills twice and Minnesota once in the next 8 weeks so that will show everyone who the Jets are. They have some young pieces that will be really good players in the next couple of years which I think will definitely make them good for a number of years.

They are definitely taking advantage of the schedule you get when you finish last in the division.

I agree with all of that, but I still think it’s impressive to win games back to back weeks in historically tough places to win. A team as young as the Jets aren’t expected to win both of those games- opponents status notwithstanding.

Still, they’re 5-2 in a very watered down AFC.
So what? Patriots could go 4-3 tonight. The records might be good enough for playoffs, but they aren't competing in the AFC with the big dogs. I don't even know if the NFC has a big dog, this year has a real 2007 feel to it for the NFC. It is hard to gauge significance with the records of all opponents being between 4-3 and 2-5. The Eagles are at least 5th in yards per game
Thanks for the stats, and thanks for that nugget on the Bills and Chiefs, Captain Obvious.
The Jets are 22nd in total yard per game average. You ask if they were for real, I said no, stats be why.

Reactions: HipKat
Nathan Hackett may go down as the worst head coach in the history of football.
Oh no, that "honor" belongs to a yokel named Rich Kotite. He took over a playoff Eagles team and within 3 years they were statistically the worst team in the NFL. After 4 years in Philly he went to the Jets where he replaced Pete Carroll (yeah, that same Pete Carroll) after just one season and they became statistically the worst team in the NFL. Not only was he the coach with the Jets but the owner made him the GM as well, completely ignoring his "accomplishments" in Philly. This is the same guy seen in a sideline video during a game yelling out at Randall Cunningham "If you leave the pocket I'm taking you out". Yeah, that genius. Hacketts got a long way to go to earn that title.

So what? Patriots could go 4-3 tonight. The records might be good enough for playoffs, but they aren't competing in the AFC with the big dogs. I don't even know if the NFC has a big dog, this year has a real 2007 feel to it for the NFC. It is hard to gauge significance with the records of all opponents being between 4-3 and 2-5. The Eagles are at least 5th in yards per game

The Eagles are most definitely a big dog. As far as I’m concerned there’s a Big 3 in the NFL right now- Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles. There’s about 18-22 teams in the middle class, and then you have about 7-10 teams that are bottom feeders. Could another Bengals type team surprise in the playoffs? Hell, yes (it could even be the Bengals again). But right now there’s a clear order of class in the NFL, and I’ve never seen that “middle class” so big.

The Jets are 22nd in total yard per game average. You ask if they were for real, I said no, stats be why.

That’s my point. I don’t give a rat’s behind about stats. How many times have we seen teams that won despite stats saying they’re not good? Maybe the Jets are one of those teams that transcends stats. Then again, maybe they’re not.

The prediction at the start of the season that Brady would not be the starting QB by the end of the season is starting to look like a very real possibility. Some QB's decline slowly while others appear to fall off a cliff. It kind of looks like Brady has gone over the cliff. Rodgers, Brady, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson; an era is coming to an end.

The prediction at the start of the season that Brady would not be the starting QB by the end of the season is starting to look like a very real possibility. Some QB's decline slowly while others appear to fall off a cliff. It kind of looks like Brady has gone over the cliff. Rodgers, Brady, Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson; an era is coming to an end.

I agree. It’s strange how all of these guys are falling all the cliff simultaneously.

Question About MLB Subscription

Free MLB game streaming?