NFL 2023-2024 Season

When does that Really happen ?
save Stafford who else. if a team gets a Good QB in the draft even the Bengals can get to a SB.
Name any Top QB that went to a Poor team, you never know, they could have been great had they had players around them ... its a TEAM sport, not just a QB.

Even 7th round pick Purdy was looking pretty good, when you have a Good O Line, good recvrs and a Running game.
Purdy was an avg College QB.

It would happen more often if lesser Qbs get traded to better team eventually.

Jalen Hurts wasn't a Star Qb until he got a good team built around him.

Had Tom Brady went to the Lions, do you think he would be the Star he turned into ???? NO.

Name any Top QB that went to a Poor team, you never know, they could have been great had they had players around them ... its a TEAM sport, not just a QB.
I did that in my last post the Bengals. the NFL IS ALL about the QB you don't have one you suck. you got one you got a chance.
He Surely was playing at Bama in a Championship game. and I was on to him early in the NFL.
I agree ...
I don't know if Hurts will be a Full time starter in the league or not, but he's better than the guy GB took ....
I was surprised when GB took a QB.
I don't Know. but I think he will be the Man there the next few years maybe much longer.
hope he gets to set for the next few months. get 4-6 starts this year etc

I pulled our posts from the past just to show who knows QB's period.
So your saying you know QB's better than me because of something posted 2 and 4 years ago ???

Why don't you look and see what I had to say about someone in 2005, I'm sure there was a difference there as well ...

Answer me this, why does this site have to be a "I know better than you," site , instead of a site where you have a good conversation ????????

Post are generally someone's Opinion about something ....
Around here, if I look out My front window and see the sky is Blue .... I have to Prove it.

Before you say it's just me .... I took a few weeks off from posting anything and the back and forth was rampant just as well with others ....

I'm really glad we still have some that know how to have a conversation with others ... but it appears to we dwindling.

I pulled our posts from the past just to show who knows QB's period.
So, this IS a Who's better than the other Site .....

This place has really gone downhill in the last several years.

In case you haven't noticed QB choosing is not a precise science, or the Best would be chosen and the rest would not.

You have 32 teams, not all have Top Qbs .... why is that ?

Qb's Do change as they progress for the better or worse.

Of course, we'll come to you to figure out why is the better vs the rest.

The NFL must have a lot of Billionaire DUMMIES picking people in the Draft .... I know they know more than I do, apparently you know more than they do.

Awesome .... your saying hes a bum because he prefers warm weather .... don't we all ?
Here's the point. A guy can hate the cold. but keep it to yourself.
better he say I'm getting use to it and I'm going to use the Cold to our advantage. period. not we need a Dome BS good grief
now the DL are going to be asking him how cold he is all day

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
When does that Really happen ?
save Stafford who else. if a team gets a Good QB in the draft even the Bengals can get to a SB.
Tannehill sucked in Miami but took the Titans to multiple playoffs after being beat to death as a Dolphin.
Brett Favre warmed the bench in Atlanta before going to the Packers.
Then there's Joe Theismann, let go by Miami (sensing a pattern here?) who won a SB with Washington.
Jim Plunkett got benched in NE for Steve Grogan (Who?) and went on to win 2 SB with the Raiders.
Ron Jaworski sat on the Rams bench behind 3 different QBs before taking the Eagles to 4 playoffs and 1 SB.
Steve Young couldn't play for Tampa. How'd he do in SF?
That's just a few. Nuff said.

Tannehill sucked in Miami but took the Titans to multiple playoffs after being beat to death as a Dolphin.
Then there's Joe Theismann, let go by Miami (sensing a pattern here?) who won a SB with Washington.
Jim Plunkett got benched in NE for Steve Grogan (Who?) and went on to win 2 SB with the Raiders.
Ron Jaworski sat on the Rams bench behind 3 different QBs before taking the Eagles to 4 playoffs and 1 SB.
That's just a few. Nuff said.
That's a good answer. but 5 or 6 guys over half a century speaks for itself.
but let me bust that down a bit.
The Fins are so sorry the past 40 years they wasted one of the best QB's that ever was in Marino. getting a team to the playoffs after leaving there becomes a talking point. I guess. but was he Ever a top Qb's

The biggest reach on this list. not like he spent years there or even played A single season of games
Guess we could pick on the Fins again (sensing a pattern here?) . but instead lets be truthful they had Bob Griese & Earl Morrall on their way to the only undefeated team of all-time.

If you were say 30 years old today and looked up Joe Theismann seen how he had to go to the CFL to play the sport, then go on to such fame, not seeing a picture of him you might just think he was black. just saying
Why in the world is he not in the HOF ? Raider hate real ?
How good was James Harris there @ 21-6 over the 3 years in a 14 game season.and Pat Haden.

Behind
Vinny Testaverde who might have tossed the ball better than anyone in history. good enough to keep Steve Young sitting.

. Nuff said.

Even 7th round pick Purdy was looking pretty good, when you have a Good O Line, good recvrs and a Running game.
Purdy was an avg College QB.

It would happen more often if lesser Qbs get traded to better team eventually.

Had Tom Brady went to the Lions, do you think he would be the Star he turned into ???? NO.
*raises hand*

Umm, the Patriots weren';t the Patriots yet when they drafted Tom Brady. And the teams that won the Super Bowl contained very little in the way of prime time Pro Bowl show stoppers. They even started the season 1-3 his first year as a starter, before he replaced an injured Bledsoe.

The trouble isn't a great QB being drafted by a bad team, it is a QB that played great in an effectively non-competitive College Football ecosystem, where it is dreadfully hard to figure out just how good the QBs are, because the bad defenders in the NFL are typically among the best in college, and it gets much much harder to play.

Reactions: madmadworld
Aaron Rodgers has decided to take his talents to the Meadowlands.
Quarterback Aaron Rodgers said Wednesday on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he intends to play for the New York Jets this season.

Rodgers said he made that decision on Friday, and he is not holding up a trade, which still isn't finalized. The two teams and Rodgers remain in contact, sources said, as they try to work through the final stages of a potential deal, which would include restructuring Rodgers' contract and agreeing on trade compensation.

"I made it clear my intention was to play and to play for the New York Jets, and I haven't been holding anything up. It's the compensation that the Packers are trying to get ... The Packers want to move on and have let me know that in so many words," he said.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Aaron Rodgers has decided to take his talents to the Meadowlands.

Color me SHOCKED ...
Breaking News there !!!!

Thanks for holding us all hostage for the last few months Aaron ....

Still not a done deal as the Packers have to agree with Compensation, I heard tonight that they actually have quite awhile before they have to choose compensation .... Could the Packers possibly drag this out till the new season ???

Color me SHOCKED ...
Breaking News there !!!!

Thanks for holding us all hostage for the last few months Aaron ....

Still not a done deal as the Packers have to agree with Compensation, I heard tonight that they actually have quite awhile before they have to choose compensation .... Could the Packers possibly drag this out till the new season ???
The Packers want to move on. They will end this quickly.

The Packers want to move on. They will end this quickly.
Depends on how much they are expecting in compensation ...
They shouldn't be looking for 2 1's like the Lions got for Stafford, Rodgers will probably only play a few more years.

I think the Lions got 2 1's and a 2nd for Stafford

This came from a Former (I believe) GM in the NFL, was on NFL radio tonight ... can't remember who it was, but his statements made a lot of sense.

Depends on how much they are expecting in compensation ...
They shouldn't be looking for 2 1's like the Lions got for Stafford, Rodgers will probably only play a few more years.

I think the Lions got 2 1's and a 2nd for Stafford
Who’s a better QB.