NFL 2023-2024 Season

Thought that the Lions Game this Thursday would be on Amazon, but no, on Peacock, getting a little confusing what game is on where.

Same for College, Michigan on Peacock last week, on CBS/Paramount+ this week.
The Thursday opener has been on NBC since 2006 as part of their SNF deal. Before that it was on ESPN & ABC.

Thought that the Lions Game this Thursday would be on Amazon, but no, on Peacock, getting a little confusing what game is on where.

The opening night TNF game, and the Thanksgiving night game, are part of the NBC deal. Amazon's deal is for the other TNF games.

College:

ACC
Signed through 2036. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ACC Network, ESPN+ streaming) has rights to all games, except CW has one 12:30 game per week. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+.

AAC
Signed through 2031. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) has rights to all games, except Navy. Disney has the rights to one game per year, plus the Notre Dame game in odd years. CBS (CBS, CBSSN) has the rights to remaining Navy games, including the Air Force and Army games. Minimum 20 games on linear TV per year. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Rumor has Army joining the AAC, and having a rights deal similar to Navy's.

Big 12
Signed through 2030. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) and Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2) split the rights. Minimum 32 games on linear Disney channels. Minimum 40 games on linear Fox channels. 25 games must air on ABC, ESPN, Fox, or FS1. Fox and Disney alternate on which gets to pick games. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Championship is on Disney. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+.

Big 10
Signed through 2029. Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2), CBS (CBS, CBSSN), and Comcast (NBC, USA Network, Peacock streaming) split the rights. Fox has the rights to 32 games, generally Fox OTA game will be at noon. Championship is on Fox in odd numbered years. CBS has the rights to 15 games, generally at 3:30 after the SEC deal expires, whatever it can do this year. Championship will be on CBS in 2024 and 2028. Comcast has the rights to 15 games on NBC, generally at 7 or 8 in the evening; and 8 games on Peacock streaming. 2026 Championship is on NBC. Big 10 Network (which is half owned by Fox) will carry 50 games, each team must appear twice on Big 10 Network.

CUSA
Signed through 2027. CBS (CBS, CBSSN) and Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) split the rights. CBSSN shows 18 games. Disney shows 8 games. The conference must schedule Thursday night games in October for Disney. All games not on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Championship is on CBSSN. No requirements for any games to be on OTA CBS or ABC.

MAC
Signed through 2026. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) owns the rights. Six games must be on ESPN or ESPN2, five games must be on ESPNU. CBSSN subleases six Thursday night games from Disney. All games not on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+, produced at school’s expense. Championship is on ESPN.

MWC
Signed through 2025. CBS (CBS, CBSSN, Paramount + streaming) and Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2) split the rights. CBS holds the rights to 23 games and gets the first seven picks of games, after which the two alternate. CBS carries Boise State road games. The conference must schedule 5 Friday night games for CBSSN. At least 3 games must be on CBS OTA. Fox holds the rights to 23 games. Fox caries Boise State home games. The conference must schedule 5 Friday night games for FS1 or FS2. Hawaii home games are shown on pay per view cable in Hawaii, but are streamed free to the rest of the country. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on MW Network. Championship is on Fox and can be on a Friday night or Saturday.

SEC
Signed through 2033. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, , SEC Network, ESPN+ streaming, but not ABC) has the rights to all games, except CBS gets "the best game from the best conference" at 3:30. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+, every team must be on ESPN+ once a year. Next year the CBS deal expired and ABC joins the deal with Disney thus having all the rights. Starting in 2024, ABC OTA must show a game at 3:30 every week. Championship is on CBS, next year on ABC.

SBC
Signed through 2030. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) has the rights to all games. At least 15 games must be on linear TV. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Disney sublicenses up to 10 games to NFL Network, these do not count towards the 15 linear TV games. Championship must be on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 and on Saturday.

PAC 12
In the last year of its deal, and the last year of its existence. Rights are split between Disney, Fox, and the PAC 12 Network. The Pac 12 broke up because of incompetence in management.

Notre Dame
Comcast (NBC, USA Network, Peacock streaming) has the rights. Comcast can make one game exclusive to Peacock.

Army-Navy
The Army-Navy game is not considered a conference game. Signed through 2027 with CBS. Will be on CBS OTA.

Most all game Saturday game schedules are announced 12 days in advance, with the network groups picking based on results. The best games are going to be on the most popular channels, in most cases.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The opening night TNF game, and the Thanksgiving night game, are part of the NBC deal. Amazon's deal is for the other TNF games.

College:

ACC
Signed through 2036. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ACC Network, ESPN+ streaming) has rights to all games, except CW has one 12:30 game per week. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+.

AAC
Signed through 2031. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) has rights to all games, except Navy. Disney has the rights to one game per year, plus the Notre Dame game in odd years. CBS (CBS, CBSSN) has the rights to remaining Navy games, including the Air Force and Army games. Minimum 20 games on linear TV per year. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Rumor has Army joining the AAC, and having a rights deal similar to Navy's.

Big 12
Signed through 2030. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) and Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2) split the rights. Minimum 32 games on linear Disney channels. Minimum 40 games on linear Fox channels. 25 games must air on ABC, ESPN, Fox, or FS1. Fox and Disney alternate on which gets to pick games. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Championship is on Disney. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+.

Big 10
Signed through 2029. Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2), CBS (CBS, CBSSN), and Comcast (NBC, USA Network, Peacock streaming) split the rights. Fox has the rights to 32 games, generally Fox OTA game will be at noon. Championship is on Fox in odd numbered years. CBS has the rights to 15 games, generally at 3:30 after the SEC deal expires, whatever it can do this year. Championship will be on CBS in 2024 and 2028. Comcast has the rights to 15 games on NBC, generally at 7 or 8 in the evening; and 8 games on Peacock streaming. 2026 Championship is on NBC. Big 10 Network (which is half owned by Fox) will carry 50 games, each team must appear twice on Big 10 Network.

CUSA
Signed through 2027. CBS (CBS, CBSSN) and Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) split the rights. CBSSN shows 18 games. Disney shows 8 games. The conference must schedule Thursday night games in October for Disney. All games not on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Championship is on CBSSN. No requirements for any games to be on OTA CBS or ABC.

MAC
Signed through 2026. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) owns the rights. Six games must be on ESPN or ESPN2, five games must be on ESPNU. CBSSN subleases six Thursday night games from Disney. All games not on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+, produced at school’s expense. Championship is on ESPN.

MWC
Signed through 2025. CBS (CBS, CBSSN, Paramount + streaming) and Fox (Fox, FS1, FS2) split the rights. CBS holds the rights to 23 games and gets the first seven picks of games, after which the two alternate. CBS carries Boise State road games. The conference must schedule 5 Friday night games for CBSSN. At least 3 games must be on CBS OTA. Fox holds the rights to 23 games. Fox caries Boise State home games. The conference must schedule 5 Friday night games for FS1 or FS2. Hawaii home games are shown on pay per view cable in Hawaii, but are streamed free to the rest of the country. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on MW Network. Championship is on Fox and can be on a Friday night or Saturday.

SEC
Signed through 2033. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, , SEC Network, ESPN+ streaming, but not ABC) has the rights to all games, except CBS gets "the best game from the best conference" at 3:30. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+, every team must be on ESPN+ once a year. Next year the CBS deal expired and ABC joins the deal with Disney thus having all the rights. Starting in 2024, ABC OTA must show a game at 3:30 every week. Championship is on CBS, next year on ABC.

SBC
Signed through 2030. Disney (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, ABC, ESPN+ streaming) has the rights to all games. At least 15 games must be on linear TV. All games not shown on linear TV will be streamed on ESPN+. Disney sublicenses up to 10 games to NFL Network, these do not count towards the 15 linear TV games. Championship must be on ABC, ESPN or ESPN2 and on Saturday.

PAC 12
In the last year of its deal, and the last year of its existence. Rights are split between Disney, Fox, and the PAC 12 Network. The Pac 12 broke up because of incompetence in management.

Notre Dame
Comcast (NBC, USA Network, Peacock streaming) has the rights. Comcast can make one game exclusive to Peacock.

Army-Navy
The Army-Navy game is not considered a conference game. Signed through 2027 with CBS. Will be on CBS OTA.

Most all game Saturday game schedules are announced 12 days in advance, with the network groups picking based on results. The best games are going to be on the most popular channels, in most cases.
Why are you posting a bunch of info about College Football in a thread about NFL and how I belived the game would be on Amazon?

Because you posted this:

Sorry for trying to help you out. Won't happen again.
That was a little snarky on my part….sorry.

it it was just a rant, only watch Michigan anyways, all I have time for since I returned to working.

I think its on Peacock this week Because its a NBC game ....
Amazon should start up Next Thursday.

That was a little snarky on my part….sorry.

it it was just a rant, only watch Michigan anyways, all I have time for since I returned to working.
Only thing he posted that I am Not sure of, is the part about All teams on the Peacock 2 times ...

I don't see the Buckeyes or TTUN on more than once ...
Your game was last week, my guys won't be till the Maryland game.

Just want to say, away game, Kansas City was a 4.5-point favorite, might be a interesting season.

Glad I have Sunday Ticket to view it.

Just want to say, away game, Kansas City was a 4.5-point favorite, might be a interesting season.

Glad I have Sunday Ticket to view it.
As for the Lions and Chiefs ... you had to watch on ST ?

I hadn't thought about that, this game was on the ST ???

I watched it on NBC ... but I'm also within the Detroit area ...
Wasn't it on Peacock ???

As for the Lions and Chiefs ... you had to watch on ST ?

I hadn't thought about that, this game was on the ST ???

I watched it on NBC ... but I'm also within the Detroit area ...
Wasn't it on Peacock ???
I did not say it was on ST, I wrote looking forward to watching them this season since I now have ST.

Reactions: Jimbo
NFL is costing lots of money, but I'm really liking the parity. The one question I had about this season is whether the parity of last season would follow up this year. If the opener is a sign of things to come, the answer would appear to be yes. :)

Reactions: AZ.
The quality of the stream on Peacock was outstanding last night. Was going to cancel them shortly but probably keep them around a little longer.

Props to the Lions, hope they keep it together and go places this year, given the performance by the Chiefs I'm surprised they didn't win by more and their offense only put up 14 points. That edge rushing game is deadly and if you overplay any of it they'll throw it to Aman-Ra and get you back to playing honest defense.

Only nice thing I have to say about last night. I had more thoughts but I dropped them.

Theres a Lot that goes into that number ...
Looks like around 16 was the majority of the country ...
Of course Detroit and KC had More

Cincy's number being up, says a few things, its not that far from KC and the KC loss Helps Cincy in the long run.

Curious, were All those platforms available last year ?

NBC Sports Digital, and NFL Digital platforms ...
I wouldn't know how to watch a game if my game was on either of those platforms ...

I haven't felt this good after a loss since the Giants Pat's game when Hostetler was the QB for the Giants. Pats defense was great, too bad they spotted Philly 16 points in the first quarter. But Jones was allowed to throw. I think we saw he can throw like Brady, in the sense of keep to 30 yards or shorter.

Big contract QB and Coach of the year lose 40 - 0.
I think if the Cowboys had a TE that could catch the ball it would have been 70 - 0. I cheered when those idiots gave Jones a big QB contract and thought they were good because they beat a string of bad teams at the end of last season. For 2 years Daniel Jones and his band of ballerina OL had been the Cowboys best weapon. Oh and congrats Dabol coach of the year. LOL

Comment

Last edited: