NFL 2023-2024 Season

View attachment 163369

I get it though, change is hard. Not a fan of this new setup for other reasons. For example I like responsive websites (sites that change based on device / window width...) well here is what it looks on my FORTY-FIVE inch screen...

View attachment 163370
Thanks,
It Was on the Top row last week, then it was gone, or it seemed ...
Maybe it was in the Transition that I was looking at it.

Btw, any other sites you guys like ?

Typically just go straight to the source - Twitter. After that I hit up PFT usually, yeah.

Follow NFL insiders and they surface the stuff worth reporting for the most part, in real time. Or surface via retweet other sources of that information directly to you (a player, an agent, etc).

We'll see how changes to the platform keep this a viable recommendation though (a discussion for another thread)

There are others, and you can look up your chosen favorite sports guy (including PFT) but if it's worth knowing it'll be on Twitter before articles are written.

Sat Guys is the closest I get to Social Media ...

Sometimes I wish this were me.

Want It Fran Healy GIF by Travis

• Haha
Reactions: Jimbo
I am just realizing that we are now 7 Days away from NFL Football!

The 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame Game is set to kick off on Thursday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. ET.

The showdown between the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets will kick off the NFL's 104th season in the city where the league came to be: Canton, Ohio.

Nationally Televised on NBC

Streaming on Peacock

Finally!

That 70S Show Yes GIF by Laff

Reactions: Jimbo
I am just realizing that we are now 7 Days away from NFL Football!

The 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame Game is set to kick off on Thursday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. ET.

The showdown between the Cleveland Browns and New York Jets will kick off the NFL's 104th season in the city where the league came to be: Canton, Ohio.

Nationally Televised on NBC

Streaming on Peacock

Finally!

That 70S Show Yes GIF by Laff
Don't Blink, if your hoping to see Aaron Rogers play ...

Can you think of anyway to fix the RB pay problem ? 10 million $ problem.
for the pounding they take I see the compliant. even if you take away the Tag & make them Free agents after year 1. would that fix it ?
probably not. but a place to start maybe.

But would you draft a RB before the 3rd round ? under that rule set. or let him get enough carries to impress or give it to him 300+ times.
never would've thought this would happen 30 years ago.

Can you think of anyway to fix the RB pay problem ? 10 million $ problem.
for the pounding they take I see the compliant. even if you take away the Tag & make them Free agents after year 1. would that fix it ?
probably not. but a place to start maybe.

But would you draft a RB before the 3rd round ? under that rule set. or let him get enough carries to impress or give it to him 300+ times.
never would've thought this would happen 30 years ago.
Not sure there is a fix. Too much supply, not enough demand.

RB pay problem if it is to be fixed it will fix itself over time. I remember back in the 80's when RBs were paid at a premium, and all they did was run the ball. Todays game with the modenr offense, backs need to be able to run routes and catch passes. Perhaps over time, as these skills progress, they will be considered worth more. But hey, they are getting paid, lets not kid ourselves.

RB pay problem if it is to be fixed it will fix itself over time. I remember back in the 80's when RBs were paid at a premium, and all they did was run the ball. Todays game with the modenr offense, backs need to be able to run routes and catch passes. Perhaps over time, as these skills progress, they will be considered worth more. But hey, they are getting paid, lets not kid ourselves.
The RB position Will come back to getting paid, but it will take some time ... unfortunately a few deserving generations won't get paid as they should.

With the NFL moving away from running and more to 90% passing, its going to be awhile.

I'm wondering when a team will start the season Without an official RB on the roster ....

There will be RB's that come into the league as WR's due to this.

It will start in College first ... so far, your still seeing RB's, but if this continues, that will change.

Until the NFL cycles away from the high percentage passing league, I doubt we'll see a change.

Everything goes in cycles, we'll see how long it takes, it may take a different kind of rule change for it to happen though, seeing they have changed the rules in favor of the offense this is what they are getting ... if they go back to letting the Defense play the game the way it was, then you'll get your RB back.

Reactions: Hyper Casey
Run/Pass ratio has changed from 60/40 to 40/60. but does that change the work ? as in what is the hardest job. if you just watched a few games one would pick QB then WR these are the best jobs if you don't want to get beat up. there are no easy jobs. but the rest of the jobs are ball busters.

LB & RB being the worse as they pick up speed to collision. DE worse than OL. TE depends on the scheme.

Injuries might be different than my eye test.

I went out for football in HS it only took one practice before quitting. going back to Boxing. one person trying to hit me was enough for me.

The RB position Will come back to getting paid, but it will take some time ... unfortunately a few deserving generations won't get paid as they should.

With the NFL moving away from running and more to 90% passing, its going to be awhile.

I'm wondering when a team will start the season Without an official RB on the roster ....

There will be RB's that come into the league as WR's due to this.

It will start in College first ... so far, your still seeing RB's, but if this continues, that will change.

Until the NFL cycles away from the high percentage passing league, I doubt we'll see a change.

Everything goes in cycles, we'll see how long it takes, it may take a different kind of rule change for it to happen though, seeing they have changed the rules in favor of the offense this is what they are getting ... if they go back to letting the Defense play the game the way it was, then you'll get your RB back.

The only way for this to happen is if the QB and other positions become the runner that 40% of the time the ball is run and that's not really viable because of the chance of injury. The NFL went through that phase already with the mobile QBs movement as RG3, Vick, Kaepernick, etc all came and went in a relatively short amount of time. You can explicitly scheme against mobile QBs, so if you are successful you need to have options like an effective running game to keep the defense honest.

Even in college, if they went to this it would just create players who may not fit in at the NFL level and instead become better fits for something like the IFL (which after going to a game is closer to NFL Blitz in rules/style, just absent the over the top hitting).

If you abandon the run, that creates other problems. Unsuccessful offensive drives are quicker and lead to more time the defense is on the field for example. Even with a bad running game, it establishes a pace and tempo to the game.

The only way for this to happen is if the QB and other positions become the runner that 40% of the time the ball is run and that's not really viable because of the chance of injury. The NFL went through that phase already with the mobile QBs movement as RG3, Vick, Kaepernick, etc all came and went in a relatively short amount of time. You can explicitly scheme against mobile QBs, so if you are successful you need to have options like an effective running game to keep the defense honest.

Even in college, if they went to this it would just create players who may not fit in at the NFL level and instead become better fits for something like the IFL (which after going to a game is closer to NFL Blitz in rules/style, just absent the over the top hitting).

If you abandon the run, that creates other problems. Unsuccessful offensive drives are quicker and lead to more time the defense is on the field for example. Even with a bad running game, it establishes a pace and tempo to the game.
I agree with what your saying ....
I think the RB will eventually get paid again, but its going to take some of the high profile teams to run the ball more, to balance the run / pass play calling ...

I love a Great running game ... if you can also pass the ball, your in great shape ...

Just announced, there will be a Christmas NFL game once again on Nickelodeon.

Also, the Super Bowl will be on Paramount+, CBS and Nickelodeon.

• Sad
Reactions: AZ.
I'm waiting for two or three games every day of the season, spanning over 32 different channels / streaming services.

And don't forget Third Thursday of the Month NFL on BET+ will be the Eagles verses the Falcons. Only on BET+.