NFL 2023-2024 Season

Remember when the Giants v Patriots were a pair of classic football games with late game drives by both teams and was super dramatic? Not this time.

Never a good sign when you give up 10 points in each of the last two games... and lose. Mac Jones needed time with O'Brien, but there really is no decent trending here. Jones was able to through 10 to 20 yard passes, but that isn't happening right now, and generally his ball placement is making life hard for the receivers which I feel is his worst weakness. That and delay of games, which I swear are worse than the stats indicate, he often barely gets the ball off in time. Yes, Jones suffers from some bad luck, but overall, his passing is degrading. Hence why Zappe is playing. And Zappe is showing why the Pats didn't go with Zappe last year.

They are mediocre NFL QBs. The Patriots will almost certainly be looking for a new starter for next season, unless Jones has a huge turnaround. Granted, yesterday was hard with the rain.

At least the Pats didn't plunk a mint with Mac Jones like other teams did.

Props to Rhamondre Stevenson who has had a good season so far. That guy gets the ball. Pulls out a book, reads a chapter, looks up, finds a hole and then runs, gets hit by 3 players, and gets two or three more yards after first contact.

How about this week giving up 6 points and losing?
They've given up 10 points or fewer in 4 games this season. They are 1-3 in those games. Granted, the weather has sucked in the last two or three weeks, but when your defense is being to told to defend a shorter field, repeatedly, and give up only six points, it is really an insult from the offense to not provide any sense of thanks in the form of scoring.

Zappe allowed himself to get sacked too often, instead of throwing it away. Sometimes, the pressure was intense and quick, but still, there were definitely rookie level errors on the field. Granted, he hasn't played long. But his placement wasn't great. Granted, I'm getting tired of all of these quick outs to the sideline. They developed that to help keep Brady from being plastered as much on the field when he was getting to be 40.

Has anyone noticed that Next Monday they have 2 games and Both at the Same Time ?

Titans @ Dolphins on ESPN at 8:15

Packers @ NY Giants on ABC at 8:15

Has anyone noticed that Next Monday they have 2 games and Both at the Same Time ?

Titans @ Dolphins on ESPN at 8:15

Packers @ NY Giants on ABC at 8:15
And they both are on ESPN+.

1701791591902.png

Not sure who thought up the Current NFL Schedule, but is seams ridiculous to have your team Not play a Division team until like week 13 of the year and then play twice in a 3 week period ...
Not sure if everyone is doing this, but I see multiple teams that haven't yet played thier division teams.

Reactions: Mike0616 and AZ.
Not sure who thought up the Current NFL Schedule, but is seams ridiculous to have your team Not play a Division team until like week 13 of the year and then play twice in a 3 week period ...
Not sure if everyone is doing this, but I see multiple teams that haven't yet played thier division teams.
Dont let Amazon know? They advertise what a great job they do making the NFL schedule in seconds, not days. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Mike0616
Talk about parity! AFC playoff picture has Miami and Baltimore up top and then the next 9 teams at 8-5, 7-6. Teams could go from home field to away team or even out of the playoffs very easily. And the scary thing is Buffalo is down among the 7-6's, which is probably the best team in that 8-5/7-6 group.

The NFC isn't quite as good, but still with parity. 8 teams between 7-6 and 5-8, fighting for two positions in the playoffs (and a division title!).

Reactions: AZ.