NFL 2023-2024 Season

Don in CT

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 4, 2013
Central CT
Actually, as much as I'd have liked to see Detroit Win, its ok, they are both in the Playoffs already.

I give Dan Campbell a lot of credit, he went for the Win (and they had it except for a Stupid penalty call that was quite obscure)
Why does a player have to report to the official, if hes already been in the game all night ?
The Other guy that came in, Did report and was not involved in the play.
Way to many obnoxious rules in the game.

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Let me get this straight. The Lions are in the playoffs. Baker Mayfield is likely in the playoffs. And a Deshaun Watson and Nick Chubbs free Cleveland Browns are in the playoffs.

Do I need to a see a doctor or is everyone else seeing this too?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
Not that unusual, the NFL desperately wants the Cowboys in a Superbowl, despite the inept ownership, so don't be surprised when they get the benefit of bizarre/obscure/invisible calls. Remember a couple of years ago when Jerry fought against extending Goodell's contract? Suddenly a year latter they're hugging and patting each other on the back? Didn't hear a peep from Jerry about this latest extension did you? Watch their games, their receivers will push off all game and never draw a flag and their d-backs can run right over the other teams receiver and not draw a flag. That alone should tell you something. If you are going to beat the Cowboys you have to really beat them, beating them by one point on a two point play isn't going to happen.

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Not that unusual, the NFL desperately wants the Cowboys in a Superbowl, despite the inept ownership, so don't be surprised when they get the benefit of bizarre/obscure/invisible calls. Remember a couple of years ago when Jerry fought against extending Goodell's contract? Suddenly a year latter they're hugging and patting each other on the back?
That is probably more because how much more wealthy Jones ( and the other owners) have become, with all the deals with the Networks and now streaming.

Last edited:
Reactions: AZ.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Actually, as much as I'd have liked to see Detroit Win, its ok, they are both in the Playoffs already.

I give Dan Campbell a lot of credit, he went for the Win (and they had it except for a Stupid penalty call that was quite obscure)
Why does a player have to report to the official, if hes already been in the game all night ?
The Other guy that came in, Did report and was not involved in the play.
Especially when the player talked to the official before the play?

Reactions: Mike0616

Bruce

Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003

Bruce

Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
player(s)
Does not matter now, except for the officials they will not get a big pay day because of this.

Just read that they make about $205,000 a year, then-

How much do referees get paid for NFL playoff games?​

When it comes to the NFL postseason, in addition to their annual salary (flat rate), referees can receive bonuses anywhere between $1,500-$5,000 per playoff game.

How much does a Super Bowl ref get paid?​

In addition to their flat rate salaries for the year and any other postseason bonuses, the added bonus for working the biggest game of the year averages between $40,000 and $50,000, according to Money.com.

Pretty good for what is a part time job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike0616

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
Dan Campbell admits Lions tried to confuse Cowboys as to who was eligible on two-point play

Instead of confusing the Cowboys they confused the referee. Brilliant!

Why didn't the Lions correct the ref when he announced #70 as eligible? Probably because the Cowboys would have covered #68 if he was announced instead.

There should be some sort of "eligible reporting" procedure changes that come out of this. Just like there was after the Steelers coin toss fiasco in 1998.

• Haha

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
Buffalo can go from playing Kansas City to Indy/Jacksonville (or Houston/Pittsburgh?).
Browns have the tops of Indy/Jacksonville.

NFC looks weak, other than Dallas, maybe.

Only team that seems ready for playoffs is Baltimore. Though the Browns are utterly impossible peg on the board at the moment. Remind me a bit of the '01 Patriots, 'cept the QB is a tad bit older, and the Patriots were much better at stopping TDs (6th passing and tied for 3rd rushing). The trouble the Browns have is Flacco will stop being an unknown quantity at about the wrong time. But still, the Browns aren't acting like the Browns at the moment.

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
Buffalo can go from playing Kansas City to Indy/Jacksonville (or Houston/Pittsburgh?).

Only team that seems ready for playoffs is Baltimore. Though the Browns are utterly impossible peg on the board at the moment. Remind me a bit of the '01 Patriots, 'cept the QB is a tad bit older, and the Patriots were much better at stopping TDs (6th passing and tied for 3rd rushing). The trouble the Browns have is Flacco will stop being an unknown quantity at about the wrong time. But still, the Browns aren't acting like the Browns at the moment.
I dont think the NFC is weak at all........Inconsistent absolutely! You never know what team will show up, like the 49'ers, Dallas, and the Eagles.

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W

Actually, Buffalo can either be the 2, 6, or 7 seed or out of the playoffs altogether. Crazy.

GDACveVX0AAkf_x

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country

I wouldn't OVERLOOK the Lions in the NFC