NFL 2023-2024 Season

What a meltdown by the Cowboys, is McCarthy still the coach by this time tomorrow?
I don't think it was a meltdown at all. The Cowboys only won two games this year against teams with winning records, one when Philly was slumping.

I watch them every week. I think they get out coached most weeks, just that they have enough talent to overcome that and win against mediocre teams. Today, they were totally out coached on both sides of the ball. How many times did GB have receivers totally uncovered? Shameful.

I've noticed this year that every time they face a decent defense, the OL struggles. Every time they face a good OL, the defense struggles. Today, they faced both.

JMO

I do not care if Dan Campbell has 3 years left on his contract, extend it now for what he has done for the Lions.

Found this from when he was hired-

He was not the expected choice or the overwhelming choice of the paying public, either. But none of that will matter if Dan Campbell ends up doing what hasn’t been done consistently with the Detroit Lions in six decades: win.

- Travel ban lifted for those helping shovel show in Buffalo overnight to help prepare for the game

- 23 million watched the Peacock-exclusive game, more than 30% higher than any of the Thursday Night games on Amazon, making it the highest-rated streaming-exclusive game

- Winner of the Steelers-Bills game will dictate the Sunday night game next week (so Steelers @ Baltimore or KC @ Bills)

Schedule for the rest of the playoffs (all times EST)

Saturday 1/20:
4:30pm Houston @ Baltimore/Kansas City (Houston plays Baltimore if the Bills win, Kansas City if the Steelers win)
8:00pm Green Bay @ San Francisco

Sunday 1/23:
3:00pm Philadelphia / Tampa Bay @ Detroit
6:30pm Kansas City at Buffalo or Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Sunday 1/28:
3:00pm AFC Championship game
6:30pm NFC Championship game

Sunday 2/11:
6:30pm Super Bowl LVIII in Las Vegas

Congratulations to the Detroit Lions for Winning a Playoff game !!!!
1st Playoff win for them in Quite a LONG time.
Quite a year already for Football in Michigan.

Still glad I moved, just looked and it is -25F with the Wind Chill, tomorrow a high of 7F.

75F here tomorrow.

Reactions: HipKat
- 23 million watched the Peacock-exclusive game, more than 30% higher than any of the Thursday Night games on Amazon, making it the highest-rated streaming-exclusive game
That surprised me based on how many subscribers Peacock has, that rating is what SNF usually gets, for Peacock to match that with just about over 30 Million subs is just amazing.

Looks like the playoff game on only a streaming service work, Peacock probably added a bunch of new subs, NFL received extra money, this will be happening again and more often in the future.

That surprised me based on how many subscribers Peacock has, that rating is what SNF usually gets, for Peacock to match that with just about over 30 Million subs is just amazing.

Looks like the playoff game on only a streaming service work, Peacock probably added a bunch of new subs, NFL received extra money, this will be happening again and more often in the future.
Just think what the numbers Could have been had it been on a National network that everyone gets.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo and HipKat
Just think what the numbers Could have been had it been on a National network that everyone gets.
For someone who claims, that he does not want to talk about cable, satellite, streaming and cord cutting in this thread, yet you keep bringing it up.

That rating was amazing for only 30 Million Peacock subscribers, just imagine what the first timers thought, with the much improved video quality, I wonder how many of them also watched the Lions on Peacock instead of their paid Live TV provider.

And the Lions game looked just as good as Saturday’s game via Peacock.

Another step forward for streaming.

Do you really think that it would have been that much higher on a Saturday night? I think maybe 10% higher, but 23 million is pretty impressive no matter where it was televised.

Reactions: HipKat
For someone who claims, that he does not want to talk about cable, satellite, streaming and cord cutting in this thread, yet you keep bringing it up.

That rating was amazing for only 30 Million Peacock subscribers, just imagine what the first timers thought, with the much improved video quality, I wonder how many of them also watched the Lions on Peacock instead of their paid Live TV provider.

And the Lions game looked just as good as Saturday’s game via Peacock.

Another step forward for streaming.
You and Mr Stevo brought it up a few post before mine ....

For better picture quality, today’s games will be on Paramount+ and ESPN+.

Lot of refunds.

What choice do they have, the earliest they might be able to play would be Wednesday, then if they delay the next game, just gives the other team more of a rest.
They're playing today. Buffalo isn't Michigan.

I personally don't know what the holdup is? Western New Yorker's are a hearty breed. My buddies from Buffalo and Syracuse would have been tailgating today in the parking lot regardless of how cold it was and how much snow they got. These guys would probably have their shirts off too while cooking burgers, brats and drinking beer!
This is true!

Where did I say that? I clearly quoted your post. You started out the day in this thread telling everyone to stop talking about the thing you've then proceeded to continue to discuss for six more posts. In fact, the thread has since moved on to discussing the games and weather, and here you are, bringing it right BACK to what you've been asking everyone to stop talking about.

6 posts from you today, still nothing about the games. Amazing. If you want everyone to move on, feel free to do so. We all have.

That would be difficult with the travel ban in place.

The conditions at kickoff:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1746593181041365361

The scene at what would have been halftime:

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1746621573895733270

These conditions with any volume of people are a recipe for disaster.

Ahh Buffalo winters. I miss them but I don't at the same time. They were probably a lot more fun when I was a kid, actually

I don't think it was a meltdown at all. The Cowboys only won two games this year against teams with winning records, one when Philly was slumping.

I watch them every week. I think they get out coached most weeks, just that they have enough talent to overcome that and win against mediocre teams. Today, they were totally out coached on both sides of the ball. How many times did GB have receivers totally uncovered? Shameful.

I've noticed this year that every time they face a decent defense, the OL struggles. Every time they face a good OL, the defense struggles. Today, they faced both.

JMO
Not to mention their road record was horrible this year. If you can't win on the road, you're not going far in the Playoffs against teams that can