NFL Network HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you have your glasses on, or maybe the wrong glasses on ?
Or maybe you set up needs help.
It seems most, I won't say ALL, because you'll always find the person that could BE THERE and not like the picture.

I guess, if I went to the LIONS game , my picture would not have looked very good either.

Why don't you just shut off your D* and move seeing you have yet to like a single day of D*'s picture.

Jimbo

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=755905&page=2&pp=30

rlundy said:
D* Ch. 95-pixelation was really bad on some of the heavier/moving graphics in the opening. HEAVY compression in use!

totalownership said:
Game well over now. LOL but my experiences were just like the rest of you guys. Here's the deal though. slow and I mean SLOW moving action the PQ looked pretty decent, someone moves to pick his nose though and blocking all over the place. I too saw the "mystery dot' in the right upper portion of the screen. Thanks for scaring me NFL. I decided to watch the game on my LCD rather than my RP-CRT. Bad decision as the lcd seems to show up more of the flaws than the RP. But wife had family over (female squad) so I let them have the 51".
As for commentary, particularly BG, .............
Ok i'm really disappointed. I find that the NFL newtork's SD channel to be one of the better looking SD channels around. However tonight's HD broadcast will hopefully be something to look back on and say "Wow they've come a long way"
Comcast Essex county NJ

toenail said:
Cox Cable in Providence RI added NFL network HD days ago as channel 701. I got the horrible lip-sync issues right out of the gate. They were fixed within the first 5 minutes or so. PQ was among worst I've seen. Absolutely still shots were good but looked a bit edge enhanced. Anything with motion was a macroblocking mess. At times the pattern of blocks would "tear" open revealing black voids in the image.
Bryant Gumbel needs to find a new gig. He is intolerable.

hokiefan said:
Are you kidding me? Do you work for the RIAA? Are you over 20 years old?

BTW the highlights on ESPN sportscenter looked just as crappy as what I watched on dish network, so it appears the game was coming from NFL Network as a crappy feed. Those of you saying it looked good have obviously never seen a game on CBS.

HDGreg said:
:eek: D* I know I ate a lot of turkey, but this PQ quality looks like the turkey is still alive...WHO is providing the equipment for this broadcast? Mr. Moderator do you know? Or, have you succumbed to the triptophane in the turkey and fallen asleep. :eek:

Ken H said:
It's especially painful to watch a close up of a Chiefs jersey, while moving. Literally see blocks. Lots of them all over the screen.

Nimnifnof said:
1. Wow this is a HD broadcast? Could of fooled me. Turned my pj on for about 5-mins and had to go back to the ol'tube. Very blurry/soft pic. Yes, I tried to refocus my pj just to make sure.
2. Lose Gumball. Man he is annoying to listen to. Dunno if it's what he's saying or just the tone of his voice. But he's really starting to get on my nerves.
3. Turn the cellphone off in the booth. There's what sounds like a cell phone ringing in or near the booth every now and then. Every time I hear it I look to my phone. lol
D* Houston area

primetimeguy said:
Watching the Hd-Lite on E* on 57" RP CRT and I'd have to say I'd rate this worse than all other stations providing NFL football. The whites and reds are way too hot and lots of pixilation. Not having 5.1 surround is a downer and the 2.0 is bad, almost like I have the AM radio on. I'll take the ESPN and NBC issues over this.

stevenjr said:
Experiencing horrible macroblocking, the best it has looked tonight would be comparable to DVD quality. Gumbel does remind me a lot of a high school announcer.
Watch via D*

Ken H said:
On Comcast Detroit (INHD), blocking seen with fast action.

boltjames said:
Two words: "amateur hour"
Forget the HD issues for the moment. The camerawork, the direction, the play-by-play......welcome to 1982.
BJ

Todd said:
Wow, I just turned this on at the D* picture quality is awful! This is the worst of all the networks right now. Why on earth can't D* put this out at full bandwidth when they can carry 9 HD games on Sunday at the same time? Ridiculous....
:rolleyes:

I guess they need glasses too or perhaps they just took off their fanboy glass long ago and give honest evaluations. I think it is the latter. The game was awful on nearly every provider, perhaps better on FIOS. Its really sad what some here accept as OK HD. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm watching the game (Ch.#212) on a SD satellite receiver. The quality of the broadcast of the live game is absolutely terrible. The video is very soft and fuzzy. That includes the graphics and video. The commercials are clean and sharp.

I had the same experience. The commercials on last nights Chiefs/Broncos game looked fine. The game itself .... just another overly compressed crap-fest on DTV. Chiefs uniforms looked terrible. All distant/zoom shots looked bad too. Thankfully, I watched the earlier games (Lions, Cowboys) on my regular cable, which looked great for both of those games.

I swear, I wish someone else besides Directv could get into the Sunday Ticket market, because they are falling on their a$$ in terms of SD picture quality.

Jeff

Sheeesh, How much do you guy's think a bulb cost , once every 3-4 years ?

Last I heard, the bulb mine uses is around $ 200, not bad seeing when I do need to replace it, my set will look like it's brand new again.

Jimbo

About $260 and I am only needing them it seems about once every 1.3 years all the extra money rolls into the kids' savings accounts. Its just a "fun money" way of doing it.

The picture on my Infocus 4805 with a 106 inch screen looks fantastic Clear as a bell I agree with the Gumble comments

I thought the picture was fantastic last night (HD version). I thought I had a new TV. You could really see the colors and the image was popping. Loved it. As for Gumble, yeek. That definately felt forced and unnatural. It was like he was yelling.

Some of you have totally lost it. I have no idea what was going on in your areas or with your equipment but here the game was one of the best ever. It was as good as the best OTA game I have had this year. 106 inch screen here. Now the Basketball game on ESPN, the one at the Disney Sports place, that was one of the worse I have ever seen. My bulbs, about $350 last I looked,,, first one died at 800 hrs, yikes

The game was broadcast in HD on both 95 and the local FOX channel here in Denver. I am sure local FOX was simply rebroadcasting the NFL Network signal, but flipping back and forth the HD Local (FOX) broadcast appeared to be a slightly better PQ, but sound on 95 was better. Weird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts