NFL preseason 2010-2011 Official discussion thread!

WHAT?!:eek: I did NOT know that Manning's contract is in it's last year??!!

After I read this, I noticed the difference between the two QBs is you have the owner of the Colts vowing he will do whatever it cost to keep Manning.

Colts owner: New deal for Peyton Manning will keep him in Indy - USATODAY.com

While Krafts only statements about his contract and where it stands is "were cooking".

Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Tom Brady contract talks: 'We're cooking' - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

Now more than likely, it's two different owners handling contract negociations differently....but the media can ready all kinds of stuff into what was said and how it was said....

Robert Craft Says Tom Brady is Staying with Patriots | Larry Brown Sports

He’s going to be here,” Kraft told Judy Battista of the New York Times. “I love the guy. We’re so lucky to have him. I have an emotional attachment because I remember him coming in as the fourth quarterback, being a skinny beanpole of a kid.”

It will be a massive contract and the structure of things like guaranteed money and signing bonuses and how they count against a salary cap of an as of yet undetermined size will have a huge impact on the team's ability to sign other players.

So in reality, it's really not that easy.

So in reality, it's really not that easy.

No, it's easy, just the CBA needs to be worked out first. Colts are willing to open their wallets, and it's not difficult to figure out how much to pay the guy, but the rules aren't in place for it to allow both parties to be as successful as possible. No point paying Manning if they can't retain any free agents or sign much other talent.

The rules just need to be in place before they can do his contract, it will be relatively easy once that is done, has nothing to do with their desire or ability to re-sign him.

Is he still chasing skirts ?
I thought that was over awhile back.

Looks like Derek Anderson will start in his place this weekend.
Normally you would'nt think anything of it, being in the Pre Season, but seeing how Leinhart has played, it could be Andersons chance to take over.

I said that because I remembered an article about him & former bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky maybe being an item.
Are Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky & Matt Leinart Dating? | Bumpshack.com

We'll see what happens next week when preseason PUP ends, where do you get the impression he's ready to play now?

That article was written this week on Mangini's most recent non-committal comments about Rogers, not something from 2 weeks ago.

We'll see what happens next week when preseason PUP ends, where do you get the impression he's ready to play now?

That article was written this week on Mangini's most recent non-committal comments about Rogers, not something from 2 weeks ago.

I'm from Cleveland. I hear all the news that doesn't hit the national media weeks earlier.

I guess we'll see. It's just a hunch I suppose.

Did anyone watch the Packers/Colts game last night?

I know it's early, but this might just be a future Super Bowl matchup in the making!

The aerial attack and clinic that Aaron Rogers and Peyton Manning put on was an absolute treat!

Kind of a mixed bag with the Colts. Looks like Manning needs to get his crew on the same page at times. If the Packer defense plays anything like they did against the Colts, Favre can have a nice long rest between seasons this year and the "retirement" may become reality.

I really didn't know what the result of the Eagles wholesale purging of the old guard would be; but now I've seen it in action. OMG! It is going to be a long season. The decade of the McNabb led successful Eagles are now history. I have never seen a more pathetic looking winning team! And that was against a power house like K.C. No playoffs this year. :-(

Yeah, but the same can be said about Brady's deal. Why isn't THAT done?

Well neither Kraft nor Belichick have stated that it would be easy like Bill Polian has.

Tom Brady, Patriots 'within reach' of new contract, says ESPN | masslive.com

"Were if not for the looming CBA issues, I really believe it would be done right now, the deal," he said. "When you're talking about a huge contract, and you're talking about the type of numbers that Brady's going to make in a year and you don't know what the salary cap is going to be, it's not an easy thing to configure. And I think that right now is probably the big hangup. Because the talks are going on. They seem, from everything I've gathered, to be very cordial. They seem to be on the same page. It's just a question of finalizing it and getting it done."

Neither deal is Easy. I still expect it to get done before Sept. 12th.(Brady contract)

So I was sitting down to watch the Lions / Browns game on the NFL network at 5 PM ..... (Live).
The local networks are not showing it till 9 pm.

Then I find that the NFL Network is Blacked Out here ......

IF it's NOT available on a local CHANNEL, WHY is it BLACKED OUT ?

The game is blacked out on preseason.nfl.com and nfl network because local channels in this market own the rights to the broadcast or whatever:

8/28/2010 Cleveland / Detroit
Cleveland, Youngstown, Dayton, Columbus, Detroit, Flint/Saginaw/Bay City, Cadillac/Traverse City, Lansing, Grand Rapids, Marquette, Toledo, OH

If it's not on... then blame your local channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts