NFL Red Zone Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lugnut1012

Original poster
Hi I am a newbie here with D* TV. I have read that some people are able to get the stand alone Red Zone channel. I cannot afford to get the Sunday Ticket but would be willing to spend a little to get the Red Zone ticket. When I called today about adding it I was told that it is not a stand alone channel and the only way that I could get it was to buy the Sunday Ticket. Anybody got any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks

Hi I am a newbie here with D* TV. I have read that some people are able to get the stand alone Red Zone channel. I cannot afford to get the Sunday Ticket but would be willing to spend a little to get the Red Zone ticket. When I called today about adding it I was told that it is not a stand alone channel and the only way that I could get it was to buy the Sunday Ticket. Anybody got any suggestions on what I can do? Thanks

Keep calling.

Most of the people that were able to add it are long time subs and/or have had the ST in the past. More than likely as a new sub, they won't budge. I do think they should add it into the sports pack like E*, Comcast, etc.

S~

You read that here ?

Find who it was and inquire how they were able to do it.
I have not heard that RZC was a stand alone channel for D* as of yet.

I think Scott posted info in the ST the other day and it mentioned that the RED ZONE channel was part of it, but had no mention of allowing it as a separate channel.

A few over at the "other" site have gotten it. They have all been long term subs and/or had ST in the past. Many in that category still aren't able to get it.

S~

I got it and posted in another thread here. I have had NFL-ST 3 of the past 4 years, but it became too expensive. When I turned down the $20 off for 6 months offer and asked again why they don't have it seperate like Dish they said as a good customer they would give it to me for this year.

From my understanding / reading they are just using it (redzone standalone) as an offer for former ST customers that are considering other providers that have it standalone or are upset that Directv doesn't offer it standalone.

I doubt that a new customer or someone that has never had ST will get it from them.

I wish they did offer it separately. That's one of the biggest things I will miss with Dish. I root for the home team but RedZone was a very big bonus.

I'm thinking that if they DID offer it stand alone they would experience a small percentage of ST viewers canceling and turning on RZC only, I don't think it would be a HUGE amount, but it would be mostly Fantasy players that desire the RZC.

I'm thinking that if they DID offer it stand alone they would experience a small percentage of ST viewers canceling and turning on RZC only, I don't think it would be a HUGE amount, but it would be mostly Fantasy players that desire the RZC.

Yeah I agree. It's not like I was going to order ST anyway since I watch my home team. They would actually gain money from me if they offered it separately on it's own or sports pack.

Yeah I agree. It's not like I was going to order ST anyway since I watch my home team. They would actually gain money from me if they offered it separately on it's own or sports pack.

Not much of a trade off for D*, they gain your $ 50 for RZC and lose someones $ 300 from having ST and canceling it. :eek:

Not much of a trade off for D*, they gain your $ 50 for RZC and lose someones $ 300 from having ST and canceling it. :eek:

I know there aren't probably many, but they are reportly giving RZC away for free to ST customers that aren't re-upping their subscriptions to ST. Why not just offer it and make some money on it?

I know there aren't probably many, but they are reportly giving RZC away for free to ST customers that aren't re-upping their subscriptions to ST. Why not just offer it and make some money on it?

It's a way to keep the people that were ST fans interested and not looking to go elsewhere.

Many get ST discounts, so I'm guessing their average revenue is around $250.

The question then is say NFL Redzone offered for $50/season (wether sports pack or standalone).

Would more than 4 people add it for every one that drops it (remembering it take 4 not 5, as the person dropping ST is getting RZ instead, netting a $200 loss).

Without specifics of their business model, only needing 4 RZ subs per lost ST sub, I would think that is feasible. I believe RZ could be successful if they offered it standalone, but to date DirecTV doesn't.

RedZone

called in today and spoke to Retention, told them I no can do ST this year and they gave me RedZone for free. Gottaloveit!

chudgins63 said:
called in today and spoke to Retention, told them I no can do ST this year and they gave me RedZone for free. Gottaloveit!

Really? I didn't think they could give you only this channel even if they wanted to.

DodgerKing said:
Really? I didn't think they could give you only this channel even if they wanted to.

No several people have said they have been able to get it as a standalone for no charge. There was a thread about it.

Hmmm,
Maybe I should call and see if I can get a discount on my ST, a lot of people are getting it for $ 179, I paid full price, minus the early renewal deal, I think it was $ 20.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)