NFL Red Zone Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm,
Maybe I should call and see if I can get a discount on my ST, a lot of people are getting it for $ 179, I paid full price, minus the early renewal deal, I think it was $ 20.

I would call. Seems like there's a lot of us that are able to get the $20/6 mo discount. This is the 2nd year I've gotten that one.

u should as i got this discount.

Except I can't threaten to cancel as I have no desire to cancel.

Maybe I can give them the , I've had ST since '04 and hope they will offer me something. ..., it's a little harder now, seeing I've already paid for it.

Hmmm,
Maybe I should call and see if I can get a discount on my ST, a lot of people are getting it for $ 179, I paid full price, minus the early renewal deal, I think it was $ 20.

Full price for our best customers!!1 :rant::p

You've paid for it, but you can cancel and get the money back any time before the season starts. You might call and just ask if there are any promos to keep you from canceling it, because after thinking about it a bit you decided its too expensive. If they waffle, tell them you've seen lots of other good customers like you get a discount and ask them pretty please to look again...

Full price for our best customers!!1 :rant::p

You've paid for it, but you can cancel and get the money back any time before the season starts. You might call and just ask if there are any promos to keep you from canceling it, because after thinking about it a bit you decided its too expensive. If they waffle, tell them you've seen lots of other good customers like you get a discount and ask them pretty please to look again...

Maybe I should wait till Monday morning :)

I am a new to D* (one month) and I have been trying to get the RZC stand alone for a few days now. I have e-mailed and called about it. I finally got a CSR to tell me that you had to be a customer of D* for 9 months before they will offer you the RZC as a stand alone. I tried to talk to the retention department but I was told that would do me no good. I guess I will try again next year.

Just called and got it added for free. Never had ST before. I have been with DirecTV for many years.

I also asked if by having it, if I could watch online or on my Android phone and he said no but, told me for $10/month I could add To-Go to my account since they merged the ST and HD package. I don't know if the $10 includes all the Sunday Ticket channels or just the RZ channel but, would be curious to find out if anyone else knows.

Also, can anyone confirm that getting this offer will be on all IRD's or is it just the primary IRD? Under Recent Activity it is linked to my primary IRD Access Card number like my base plan, DVR, Whole Home DVR, and DVR service is.

Thanks for letting me know about this great offer.

Last edited:
Just called and got it added for free. Never had ST before. I have been with DirecTV for many years.

I also asked if by having it, if I could watch online or on my Android phone and he said no but, told me for $10/month I could add To-Go to my account since they merged the ST and HD package. I don't know if the $10 includes all the Sunday Ticket channels or just the RZ channel but, would be curious to find out if anyone else knows.

Also, can anyone confirm that getting this offer will be on all IRD's or is it just the primary IRD? Under Recent Activity it is linked to my primary IRD Access Card number like my base plan, DVR, Whole Home DVR, and DVR service is.

Thanks for letting me know about this great offer.

The should be for ALL your recvrs.

Just called tried, and denied. Not really denied, but was told explicitly that DirecTV does not offer the Red Zone channel as a separate channel, and that the only way to get it is through ST. I've had ST in the past, been a sub since '02. I (politely) explained that many others are in fact getting the channel separately, and in fact for free. She said they must be talked about Dish, Comcast, or U-Verse. We went back and forth for a bit, and I finally said, that's fine, I'll just call back later. She laughed and said I would just get the same info, almost becoming defensive, so I hung the phone up. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Just called tried, and denied. Not really denied, but was told explicitly that DirecTV does not offer the Red Zone channel as a separate channel, and that the only way to get it is through ST. I've had ST in the past, been a sub since '02. I (politely) explained that many others are in fact getting the channel separately, and in fact for free. She said they must be talked about Dish, Comcast, or U-Verse. We went back and forth for a bit, and I finally said, that's fine, I'll just call back later. She laughed and said I would just get the same info, almost becoming defensive, so I hung the phone up. I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Make sure your getting to the right department.

Only Retentions can make the offer. Billing/Tech generally have no idea of the offer as they have no reason to go into the rentention database of offers as they simply cant offer them.

Im new but not newest. Denied! I have not found a promo/special they would give me. Sometimes there excuse is "Im too new" sometimes its "Im not new"

I finally had success tonight! I took Stonecold's advice and called in and asked for Retention. I had some other things to call in about so figured this was my best shot, when I finally got to the right dept I was very honest and said I had no desire to drop my DirecTV because I love it. I just wanted to find out about getting RZC being my neighbor with Dish gets the NFL version and my sister gets it on her Comcast/Xfinity account. It took about 5 mins the lady came back and said she'd add it to my account no problem. I think the key(s) are you need to be nice and honest to the retention CSR (you can imagine all they deal with) and secondly they need to know you could switch to another provider that offers NFL Redzone. Good Luck to those of you that try.

Sigh. Kiss their butts so they'll keep taking your money. Its become a mantra, hasnt it?

I'm not knocking being nice to people you do business with. But when they give stuff for free to one guy but will only keep you as a customer if you're nice to them so you can get the same thing? But they'll lay out $100 per subscriber per year to pull in new folks, give them better deals than than 10+ year customers, and see what happens. :down

The customer is always right, but only if they're nice and ask real purty, we feel like it and our credits are fully flush.

I'm excited to see what the next iteration is..

I finally had success tonight! I took Stonecold's advice and called in and asked for Retention. I had some other things to call in about so figured this was my best shot, when I finally got to the right dept I was very honest and said I had no desire to drop my DirecTV because I love it. I just wanted to find out about getting RZC being my neighbor with Dish gets the NFL version and my sister gets it on her Comcast/Xfinity account. It took about 5 mins the lady came back and said she'd add it to my account no problem. I think the key(s) are you need to be nice and honest to the retention CSR (you can imagine all they deal with) and secondly they need to know you could switch to another provider that offers NFL Redzone. Good Luck to those of you that try.

I am new here but a 4-5 year DTV subscriber and former ST subscriber. Two kids in 2.5 half years means no money for ST but I got REALLY excited when I saw this thread. RZ was my fav part of ST. I tried exactly what you did. Said retention to the voice activated thing and I was connected to that dept shortly after. I told him how long I had been with them and that I used to have ST but can't afford now with two kids. I mentioned that I had friends with RZ with other providers and that I was frustrated that it wasn't an option for us at DTV. He was sympathetic to my ordeal (having two kids under 2) and first looked to see if he could offer a deeply discounted ST...he wasn't able to cause the season had started. So he offered me RZ for free.
Wahoo!!! :haha

Sigh. Kiss their butts so they'll keep taking your money. Its become a mantra, hasnt it?

I'm not knocking being nice to people you do business with. But when they give stuff for free to one guy but will only keep you as a customer if you're nice to them so you can get the same thing? But they'll lay out $100 per subscriber per year to pull in new folks, give them better deals than than 10+ year customers, and see what happens. :down

The customer is always right, but only if they're nice and ask real purty, we feel like it and our credits are fully flush.

I'm excited to see what the next iteration is..

This is how it is everywhere...cable, phones, etc. Their focus is on getting you in and making it more painful to leave as a retention technique! Ultimately its NOT what they teach us in marketing classes but when everyone does it you start following suit. Why give someone a bonus if they are happy the way things are. That said you are starting to see a change with insurance companies now (shrinking deductibles, reduced rates with no accidents, etc) so maybe this is a trend that we'll see. I remember back when cell phone companies wouldn't give you ANY deal on phones if you were an existing customer but a new customer could get almost any phone for free...glad those days are in our past!

I am new here but a 4-5 year DTV subscriber and former ST subscriber. Two kids in 2.5 half years means no money for ST but I got REALLY excited when I saw this thread. RZ was my fav part of ST. I tried exactly what you did. Said retention to the voice activated thing and I was connected to that dept shortly after. I told him how long I had been with them and that I used to have ST but can't afford now with two kids. I mentioned that I had friends with RZ with other providers and that I was frustrated that it wasn't an option for us at DTV. He was sympathetic to my ordeal (having two kids under 2) and first looked to see if he could offer a deeply discounted ST...he wasn't able to cause the season had started. So he offered me RZ for free.
Wahoo!!! :haha

Trevor, If you don't mind asking..What number did you call that let you say retention on the voice activated menu? Just wondering since it won't work on the number I called..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)