NFL ST+SF! PQ is outstanding!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My first real experience and I was amazed by the picture quality. They really did a great job and now I have to order Superfan after that free Week 1 trial! :)

Hi,

This is my first year with NFL:ST. I was at the Patriots game and didn't get to watch any TV on Sunday. I have the premium package and all the HD offerings. Will I get the NFL:ST HD games or do I also need to sign up for Superfan in order to receive the HD feeds?

Hi,

This is my first year with NFL:ST. I was at the Patriots game and didn't get to watch any TV on Sunday. I have the premium package and all the HD offerings. Will I get the NFL:ST HD games or do I also need to sign up for Superfan in order to receive the HD feeds?
You definitely need Superfan to get the HD feeds. You can try calling up and asking them to give it to you for free. Just make the case that you are already paying for HD. If you are a good customer, pay bills on time and everything they might slide you a deal. Its worth a shot considering many people have got Superfan free.

God, after watching Sunday Night Football on NBC, it makes me just turn off the damn TV!

Unless there are some good games going on, I will not turn my tv on Sunday night to watch extreme crappy PQ football.
CBS/FOX do a great job on MPEG 4 on the ST channels.

God, after watching Sunday Night Football on NBC, it makes me just turn off the damn TV!

Unless there are some good games going on, I will not turn my tv on Sunday night to watch extreme crappy PQ football.
CBS/FOX do a great job on MPEG 4 on the ST channels.
Yeah, NBC is poor. Way too much macroblocking when the camera is moving. NBC needs to fix that. Of course, adding another sub channel recently just adds fuel to the fire. At least here in Chicago they added a sub channel. Not sure about anywhere else, but its pointless.

Of course, adding another sub channel recently just adds fuel to the fire.

DJ,

Does this really affect PQ via OTA when they add additional subs? I can't find my bookmarks for current HD res's but FOX/ESPN used to use 720P while NBC/CBS used 1080i. While both are superior to sd, progressive scan has always been my favorite for sports.

I watched it OTA here in the Dayton, Ohio market. The local NBC has a subchannel showing the network in SD (for remote cable headends). It looks like hell when watching football because of the fast motion artifacts. I have the same issue with our local CBS, who shows a weather subchannel. During fast motion it looks like hell. The Sunday Ticket feed of the local game was not blacked out so I got to see a comparison of both, ST was significantly better.

I The local NBC has a subchannel showing the network in SD (for remote cable headends). It looks like hell when watching football because of the fast motion artifacts.

It looks like that even on stations that don't have subchannels.

fox is still ok and espn has really improved their pic. nbc is still poor with the sports.

DJ,

Does this really affect PQ via OTA when they add additional subs? I can't find my bookmarks for current HD res's but FOX/ESPN used to use 720P while NBC/CBS used 1080i. While both are superior to sd, progressive scan has always been my favorite for sports.
I believe it does affect PQ. Whether its OTA or through your provider it doesn't matter. I like CBS 1080i broadcasts. They are clean. NBC is not to good though. I actually think they would be better off at 720p and dump the sub channel they just added. Fox is 720p and it seems like their PQ has increased from last year. Maybe its just me though.

Cant wait to see for myself. Just got a pretty good deal on Sunday ticket (half off) and superfan (free).

I agree with the above statements, the PQ on SF as top notch! Watching it for the first time today, and its as good as I have seen!

Another great week. Some slight hesitation and break up on some of the games, but nothing major. I was impressed. It was raining moderately all day here in Chicago all weekend with the remnants of Ike and I didn't have any problems with the service today. There was some great games on today that were really tight and close.

all I can say is wow. man are my sundays getting satisfied with the ST & SF! i am full of football baby.

How come you can't rewind on the Superfan channels? I tried rewinding and it wouldn't let me. You can pause it and then play it back, but you can't rewind.

I enjoyed SF & ST as well...too bad you can't use the ST:SF menu when you have to watch on your local station

I believe it does affect PQ. Whether its OTA or through your provider it doesn't matter. I like CBS 1080i broadcasts. They are clean. NBC is not to good though. I actually think they would be better off at 720p and dump the sub channel they just added. Fox is 720p and it seems like their PQ has increased from last year. Maybe its just me though.

Fox has always been at 720p, it's not a simple thing to change from one to the other, lost of equipment would have to be changed out thruout the country.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)