NFL ST SUper Fan....Interactive receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I have the directv HD receiver and tripple LNB dish. I also have the super fan package. Do I need a new HD receiver to get the mix channels? Do they have a new HD receiver for interactive channels?

What will I currently get with the HD receiver and super fan? Just HD games?

PS are local games still going to be blocked out for HD

I think you will receive the mix channels but I don't think you can do much of anything with them as far as the interactive stuff goes. There are no HD receivers at this time that can take advantage of the interactive stuff, this may change by the time the season starts though. At this time the superfan package will net you the HD games only, seems kinda like a rip off if you have to pay for a features you won't even be able to use, IMO. Local games will still be blacked out, I don't believe this has anything to do with Directv as I am sure they would love to show them, you will have to tune into your local channels to see the local game just like last season.

So I would need 2 recivers? One HD and one interactive! Will they send me an interactive one for free?

rstokas said:
So I would need 2 recivers? One HD and one interactive! Will they send me an interactive one for free?

I believe the D10 is already interactive! the ironic this is there is not HD box that is interactive. So you will be paying for superfan and get HD on one tv with no interactive, or go into another room and watch in SD with interactive....go figure!

asousa said:
I believe the D10 is already interactive! the ironic this is there is not HD box that is interactive. So you will be paying for superfan and get HD on one tv with no interactive, or go into another room and watch in SD with interactive....go figure!
Or just move an SDTV into the room with the HDTV and have both HDTV & Interactive in the same room! :D

But, I don't have a D10...... I wonder if D* would give me a D10, and cover the $5.00 charge for a year so that I may enjoy the entire package that I am required to subscribe to....

I think Longhorn mentioned that SuperFan HD subscribers will get box swapouts before the start of the NFL season. They will include both MPEG4, HD, and interactive support.

Brewer4 said:
I think Longhorn mentioned that SuperFan HD subscribers will get box swapouts before the start of the NFL season. They will include both MPEG4, HD, and interactive support.

just remember that was a rumor....but man I HOPE so!!!

It would certainly be a nice thing if they can get the HD boxes swapped out before the season starts, time is quickly running out though. It would also be nice to hear anything about the new HD/HDDVR boxes.

How can I exchange my regular SD Tivo Receiver for an interactive one?

rstokas said:
How can I exchange my regular SD Tivo Receiver for an interactive one?

I don't know if they will exchange a unit for you, maybe if you tell them you want to be able to use the interactive features on Sunday Ticket or something they might. Easiest way to probably do so is to wait until 8/1, go buy the new R15 DVR, use the $100 rebate and de-activate your old box or use it in another room.

I called and they gave me $10 off for 6 months since I don't have a interactive receiver. So basically I got the Super Fan for free and made $10 off the deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)