NFL Sunday Ticket and Xbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tholt

Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
I have DirecTV, and subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket, even though my Team, the Packers, are always the local game for me here in Wisconsin. I really like football, and I like to be able to choose which "secondary game" I watch, as well as the multiple games on 1 screen.

My question, though, deals with this: While the Packers are my local team when I'm at home, and so their games are blacked out through the Sunday Ticket area, they are on my local stations.

But my Cabin is not in a local area for the Packers. There is no TV service at all at my specific location (well, if I wanted to pay for a second account, I could probably get satellite), but if there were, the Vikings would be the local team. However, I do have Internet access and an Xbox 360.

I know I can watch Sunday Ticket through the Xbox 360, using my DirecTV credentials, but my question is whether or not the Packers would still be blacked out on it. In other words, does the blackouts for "local" games come from the billing address on the Sunday Ticket/DirecTV account or does it come from the physical location (i.e. IP Address) of where the device is accessing the content?

Would I be able to watch the Packer games through my Xbox at the cabin?

Thanks,

Tony

Well your IP address will tell you if you are going to get blocked out.

I would think the other way, that is goes by your originating address. But I cannot say for sure.

Your talking internet and I'm looking at Sat delivered.

I know that when I go to Texas and change my locals from here to there. The locals down there would put me in the Houston market.
If I happen to turn them on a few days before I head that way, so I don't have to deal with it when I get there .... I will get the Texas based sports RSNs (and be able to see them up here as well.

I've gotten an answer in another forum that indicates it is the log in location (i.e. IP Address) that matters. The person says they are in the same situation (DirecTV and Sunday Ticket with an Xbox at an alternate location and "local" teams are different) and things work out fine for him.

Thanks for the input!

Tony

Reactions: AZ.
I've gotten an answer in another forum that indicates it is the log in location (i.e. IP Address) that matters. The person says they are in the same situation (DirecTV and Sunday Ticket with an Xbox at an alternate location and "local" teams are different) and things work out fine for him.

Thanks for the input!

Tony
Hope thats correct, be sure to let us know for sure when you go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)