NFL Sunday Ticket / HD Access

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Steve, my bill says "HD Access" ... What does yours say ?

Were any of the games in HD this past Sunday for you? If so let us know if they are next week. Thanks.

Were any of the games in HD this past Sunday for you? If so let us know if they are next week. Thanks.

All of them were in HD. Free preview last week. I called and found out.

Then, the rep told me that I wouldn't be getting the games in HD after the first week. Thats when I was like, wait, I payed for the NFL Sunday Ticket. I pay a HD access fee per month. If your showing games in HD, you may want to give your subscribers the games.

Now I'm emailing them. Back and Forth.

The great thing about Directv is that they'll work with you. Especially if your a long time customer. I've been with them since 96 ' . I pay for the top package and 3 of the sport packages ( MLB, NFL, and NBA ). So I am paying a good penny to them each month.

Right now, they want to give me 25.00 off superfan. I said no. Still waiting on there reply. I figure I shouldnt be paying an additional fee for games in HD. I payed for the Sunday Ticket ( 230 ) , and I pay there monthly HD access fee ( 9.99 ).

it could be called 'All the HD you can handle' and it would still mean this:

A wealth of entertainment options — from movies to sports to family programming all in stunning high-definition.

...and these channels (with more soon):

TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
UniversalHD
DiscoveryHD Theater
HDNet Movies
HDNet
MHD
NGHD
and DTV PPV

Per: DIRECTV - DIRECTV HD Access

You sub to Sunday Ticket which provides:

- Up to 14 out of market games every Sunday
- Player Tracker
- Enhanced games (stats and whatnot, requires D10 or better)
- Highlights on Demand (DVR)
- Sunday Snap (formerly Red Zone?)
- NFL Network, 52 preseason games, 8 HD regular season games

Per DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™

If you want games in HD, you need another package called.... Superfan!
- Over 180 HD Games
- Red Zone channel in HD
- Game Mix
- DirecTV Supercast (new)
- Mobile Highlights (new)
- Short Cuts

Per DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™

Because something is named poorly enough to steer you in the wrong direction about what it should cover doesn't mean you should get it.

Certainly after your emails with them, you'll just end up getting it free like so many others with you being a good customer and all.

Two separate items.

I realize that. Still doesn't make it right.

I also realize they threw the NFL in HD into superfan so they could make more money off of the NFL Sunday Ticket, there new product launch (superfan), and off of people like you and me, etc.

Its a smart move. More money by screwing your customers and some won't care. I care. Who doesn't want HD access ? Seriously, it should be restructured so that when you pay for the ST, you automatically get both formats . If available, that is. There should be no seperate packaging with the sports programming. Your paying big money in itself to get the games. Why shouldn't you be entitled to the HD broadcasts as well ? Its not a different game.

How many times do they want to charge us an additional fee ? Paying the monthly fee and the package fee ( ST ) isn't enough for them ? Just because they put seperate labels on the product ? They put seperate labels on the product so that they could screw people out of more money. Make an extra 100.00 off of the ones that payed for ST, pay for HD access, etc. Its bad business.

it could be called 'All the HD you can handle' and it would still mean this:

A wealth of entertainment options — from movies to sports to family programming all in stunning high-definition.

...and these channels (with more soon):

TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
UniversalHD
DiscoveryHD Theater
HDNet Movies
HDNet
MHD
NGHD
and DTV PPV

Per: DIRECTV - DIRECTV HD Access

You sub to Sunday Ticket which provides:

- Up to 14 out of market games every Sunday
- Player Tracker
- Enhanced games (stats and whatnot, requires D10 or better)
- Highlights on Demand (DVR)
- Sunday Snap (formerly Red Zone?)
- NFL Network, 52 preseason games, 8 HD regular season games

Per DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™

If you want games in HD, you need another package called.... Superfan!
- Over 180 HD Games
- Red Zone channel in HD
- Game Mix
- DirecTV Supercast (new)
- Mobile Highlights (new)
- Short Cuts

Per DIRECTV: DIRECTV - NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan™

Because something is named poorly enough to steer you in the wrong direction about what it should cover doesn't mean you should get it.

Certainly after your emails with them, you'll just end up getting it free like so many others with you being a good customer and all.

I agree with that. I shouldn't get something for free just because they have structured it poorly. But am I really asking for something free ? I don't believe I'm looking for that. I just think I'm getting billed up the yin yang for packages I ALREADY payed for.

Yeah, thats the great thing with Directv. If you open up your mouth, and state the concern, they'll work with you. I actually think there about to throw in superfan at no cost.

My problem with them is that your concern doesn't get addressed nationally. This problem needed to be addressed before the startup of this year.

I'm from the point of view that if you pay for ANY sports package, and the game is being broadcasted in HD that night ( not every game is in HD ), then you should get it. Both Hd and standard format. Its not a different game. You've payed your dues to Directv and whichever league already by subscribing to there sports package. The sports package should include the games in HD if there available to the customer. Again, not every game is broadcasted in HD format ( yet ).

One day they will be interchangeable. We use to get those games in SD, HD over the years has been added, more bandwith, more expense. Probably gone by next year.

Just call them and tell them you want to cancel ST. I did. After being transferred to some other department, I got the superfan for free and the "Hd Access" or whatever you want to call it free for the next year. One call, 3 different people, 1/2 hour of my time and $220.00 worth of savings.

Just call them and tell them you want to cancel ST. I did. After being transferred to some other department, I got the superfan for free and the "Hd Access" or whatever you want to call it free for the next year. One call, 3 different people, 1/2 hour of my time and $220.00 worth of savings.

You can't cancel once the season has started, not even for a partial refund.

Yeah, I realize you can call them and pull it off ( eventually ). I've heard that before.

However, I subscribe to the MLB, NBA, and the NFL sports packages. I dont want to call and cry about it for every sports package. I want it revamped and done correctly. Charge me if you have to. But charge me in the sports package, not a seperate option package that goes along with the sports package. Include HD feeds in every sports package you purchase. Put an extra 20.00 on top of the sports package if you feel the need to do so. Or whatever you gotta do to balance the money and make some profit.

Thats why I say it needs to be restructured.

Holy Crap. I am not buying SuperFan next year.

Yeah, I realize you can call them and pull it off ( eventually ). I've heard that before.

However, I subscribe to the MLB, NBA, and the NFL sports packages. I dont want to call and cry about it for every sports package. I want it revamped and done correctly. Charge me if you have to. But charge me in the sports package, not a seperate option package that goes along with the sports package. Include HD feeds in every sports package you purchase. Put an extra 20.00 on top of the sports package if you feel the need to do so. Or whatever you gotta do to balance the money and make some profit.

Thats why I say it needs to be restructured.

It will be this way eventually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)