NFL Sunday Ticket Poll

Do you subsribe to NFL Sunday Ticket?

• Yes I subscribe to NFLST

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Yes I subscribe to NFLST with Super Fan

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • I did but I don't plan to renew my subscription. (feel free to post your reasons)

Votes: 41 24.0%
  • I have never been interested in the NFL Sunday Ticket

Votes: 30 17.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
you should email your recommendations to Directv. your recommendations are right on what we want so lets hope they'll actually listen. by the way you didn't hijack the thread at all.

I have left this info with them in many emails in the past 5-7 years.
I also left it today in the email I sent to them this morning.

Jimbo

Wait, I am confused. Am I to understand that D* will go ahead and reup the ST subscription this early? I havent fully decided if I am going to keep it next year, I simply figured I had more time to do so

It's on my bill right now, others have said they have not had it ... I think I need to look at my bill again to make sure that it is for NEXT year and not the end of this years.
It's always possible I looked at it wrong.

edit:
Sorry guy's, it says the same thing on the previous months bill, so apparently it is the end of this year not starting next year already.

Jimbo

Here's the renewel info off D* site.

DIRECTV - NFL Sunday Ticket Renewal

tbg_34114_nflsundayticket_renewal.jpg

Automatic Subscription Renewal

Automatic Renewal saves you time and money!

Relax and experience the ease and convenience of Automatic Subscription Renewal. Here's how it works:
  • When you sign up for any DIRECTV sports subscription, you are automatically eligible for Auto Renewal when the next season comes around.
  • Without making a call or filling out a form, you will be signed up for the next season of your favorite sports subscription, provided DIRECTV carries the service again, at a special low price.
  • Your bill will show "Renewal — No Payment Due Yet" a few months prior to the start of the season. Your first installment will be due close to the start of the season.
All you have to do is keep your DIRECTV account in good standing and make sure all DIRECTV® Receivers are continuously connected to the same land-based phone line. A past due account or a receiver without a phone line may disqualify you for Automatic Renewal. Also, if you cancel your subscription before the season starts, you'll be ineligible for the special low price.

Here's the renewel info off D* site.

DIRECTV - NFL Sunday Ticket Renewal

tbg_34114_nflsundayticket_renewal.jpg

Automatic Subscription Renewal

Automatic Renewal saves you time and money!

Relax and experience the ease and convenience of Automatic Subscription Renewal. Here's how it works:
  • When you sign up for any DIRECTV sports subscription, you are automatically eligible for Auto Renewal when the next season comes around.
  • Without making a call or filling out a form, you will be signed up for the next season of your favorite sports subscription, provided DIRECTV carries the service again, at a special low price.
  • Your bill will show "Renewal — No Payment Due Yet" a few months prior to the start of the season. Your first installment will be due close to the start of the season.
All you have to do is keep your DIRECTV account in good standing and make sure all DIRECTV® Receivers are continuously connected to the same land-based phone line. A past due account or a receiver without a phone line may disqualify you for Automatic Renewal. Also, if you cancel your subscription before the season starts, you'll be ineligible for the special low price.

thank you sir

So just to ask have you compared the cost vs what it would cost you or a family of 2, 3, or the average of 4 to actually attend the ONLY 8 local games all season (assuming you have a local team to attend) while missing all the others; OR let alone just ONE local game all season? I would really (honestly) love to hear the thought and see the math; I did mine.

So just to ask have you compared the cost vs what it would cost you or a family of 2, 3, or the average of 4 to actually attend the ONLY 8 local games all season (assuming you have a local team to attend) while missing all the others; OR let alone just ONE local game all season? I would really (honestly) love to hear the thought and see the math; I did mine.

this is a good way to look at it darren. and honestly if you've never tried it just do it for one season. I bet you'll find it worth the money after the season is over. You'll get the most out of the football season without leaving your living room.

Been a Sunday Ticket sub when it was offered so many moons ago. I've never done the Super Fan too much $$ in my opinion, even though I'm a FF player. I finally moved into the HD arena last year. I think it's a crock that we get nickeled and dimed to death with HD 'perks'. If we already pay for the privilege of HD why don't we just get ST in HD as well for no extra cost.

Been a Sunday Ticket sub when it was offered so many moons ago. I've never done the Super Fan too much $$ in my opinion, even though I'm a FF player. I finally moved into the HD arena last year. I think it's a crock that we get nickeled and dimed to death with HD 'perks'. If we already pay for the privilege of HD why don't we just get ST in HD as well for no extra cost.

Think of the ST and SF as a PPV event instead of just a D* program.
The PPV's cost extra for the HD version, same thing here.

While that is true, D* did give us the HD games for no extra cost the first year there were HD games. I was annoyed that they started charging us for something that was free before.

I guess D* was a drug dealer. Give you the first hit for free to get you hooked, then charge you for more hits later. :D

Jimbo, because I've had the ST for so long (11+ years) I do treat it as a program. Unfortunately this program keeps growing in price and with SF added it's price is out growing what I am willing to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong I'm still renewing for ST next year but with the additional cost of SF I'll "suffer" with the SD version.

Of the years SF has been an option I have only been charged $49 once and later got it credited and after asking about it each time after that had the SF fee waived. Now I understand there is supposed to be an extra fee, but it seems rather easy to get them to waive it; this may be based on tenure and acct standings.

Jimbo, because I've had the ST for so long (11+ years) I do treat it as a program. Unfortunately this program keeps growing in price and with SF added it's price is out growing what I am willing to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong I'm still renewing for ST next year but with the additional cost of SF I'll "suffer" with the SD version.

You have 9 months to come up with $100
If you can save $3 per week, you can then get it in time for the season to start.

While that is true, D* did give us the HD games for no extra cost the first year there were HD games. I was annoyed that they started charging us for something that was free before.

I guess D* was a drug dealer. Give you the first hit for free to get you hooked, then charge you for more hits later. :D

I am not thrilled with the addl cost for SF either, I think they should split the HD from the Fantasy stuff and charge accordingly.
But then I've been saying that since the beginning.

Jimbo

Of the years SF has been an option I have only been charged $49 once and later got it credited and after asking about it each time after that had the SF fee waived. Now I understand there is supposed to be an extra fee, but it seems rather easy to get them to waive it; this may be based on tenure and acct standings.

I would take a guess and say that my account record is as good as yours.
I pay them once a year, for everything, so I have NO late payment issues, no bad credit checks or anything that would cause me to NOT get the same curtasey....
The fact that no two subs get the same deal is rather interesting though.

I has the SF free the year they sent out the mailing and once since then, they would not budge... This year they said the best they could do was half price.

Jimbo

I would take a guess and say that my account record is as good as yours.
I pay them once a year, for everything, so I have NO late payment issues, no bad credit checks or anything that would cause me to NOT get the same curtasey....
The fact that no two subs get the same deal is rather interesting though.

I has the SF free the year they sent out the mailing and once since then, they would not budge... This year they said the best they could do was half price.

Jimbo

Was a NFL ST sub with c-band since its inception and added DirecTV in 1995 and have maintained the same acct since with no late pays or sservice suspensions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)