Status
Please reply by conversation.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Just FYI that emails are now going out from PS Network to subscribers announcing the NFL ST program and how to get it.

Downloaded & installed the free PS3 app in less than 2 minutes. I believe there is a test game on for the next 5mins or so. Working just fine here.

Got an email that it will be in free preview mode on Sunday... I am going to try it just to see how it works.

That is funny, People want to use the benefits of Directv, but they aren't even customers...

That is funny, People want to use the benefits of Directv, but they aren't even customers...

That is because they are selling a product to people who aren't their satellite customers with Season Ticket on the PS3. They are still customers just not the traditional kind.

I do get it, but these people are expecting to watch the first week for free and they aren't even
customers of Directv....They are asking how do I watch the "free preview"...What is not to get?

I don't even own a PS3 but I thought the free offer was reported to be for the PS3 version as well. I saw an online video of some Sony people demoing it somewhere and I'm pretty sure they mentioned that it would be in free preview for the first week.

I do get it, but these people are expecting to watch the first week for free and they aren't even
customers of Directv....They are asking how do I watch the "free preview"...What is not to get?

You don't have to subscribe to DirecTV to get Sunday ticket, anymore. You can subscribe through your PS3. No Direct needed.

It is my understanding that everyone who downloads the PS3 viewer will be able to tune in this week for free. You do not have to be a DIRECTV subscriber to tune in.

Although I have no intention of signing-up for DirecTV (not unless they offered a Sunday Ticket only package) I would consider signing-up for Sunday Ticket on the PlayStation Network. However, ST had better look great and work just as well if I am going to fork-over $339,96 for the service; it had better be HD quality and no lag when switching games. That's why many of us PS3 owners are wanting to see the "Free Preview" being offered by DirecTV/Sony. It's similar to free samples given out at Costco...they hope you enjoy the product and place one or two of them into your shopping cart.

This preview weekend is costing DirecTV nothing. In fact, it costs them less than it does Costco and their vendors to pass out samples of pizza, bagel bites, etc. Since DirecTV hold all the distribution rights for NFL Sunday Ticket they will be making $$$ from the Playstation folks who do not D* customers. I have no doubt D* will make at least 50 million by putting ST on the PS3. However, they're not going to make $339.95 from me unless I see a "Free Preview". ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)