NFL Sunday Ticket Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkelet

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Ok, new to Sunday Ticket and DTV as of Feb, here's my question/dilemma. I live in an area where i am considered to be in the NY sports package, so i get Sports Net New York, Yes Network. However, i get Philly local channels.

My question is being a NY Giants fan, will the games be blacked out to me in the package? If so, what are my options?

Zip Code in 08691

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Ok, new to Sunday Ticket and DTV as of Feb, here's my question/dilemma. I live in an area where i am considered to be in the NY sports package, so i get Sports Net New York, Yes Network. However, i get Philly local channels.

My question is being a NY Giants fan, will the games be blacked out to me in the package? If so, what are my options?

Zip Code in 08691

Thanks in advance.

Mike

In my experience the games are only blacked out when they are on FOX or CBS in your area.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

You can find the pro teams you get in your area using the link above. You will only be blacked out on Sunday Ticket if your local station is showing the game. If you get the local channels then you won't miss any games since you will be able to watch them on either the Sunday Ticket channel or the local channel.

If you live in one of the areas that are considered to be in market for 2 teams, both of the teams would be blacked out in NFLST because you are expected to watch them via your local station. The best way to determine that is to use the blackout tool mentioned above.

Hmm, when I tried the tool it didnt mention the 49ers or the Raiders, and although I live a 3 hour drive away from either stadium I'm considered in their local viewing area.

Since you get the Philly locals, whatever is shown on those wont appear on the sunday ticket channels. What I do is see what games are scheduled to air locally and record those, and then look for other games that arent aired locally on the sunday ticket channels and record those.

While you get the Philly locals, if you're physically in an area that other local stations claim as their 'viewing area', even though you dont receive those channels, the games aired on those stations might be blacked out on you in sunday ticket. If the games arent sellouts, then you might not get them either. In these cases, unless you have an antenna and can pull in those stations, you're SOL.

Then there are random blackouts that happen in some instances where someone forgot to throw the switch.

About twice a year I get sporked when a team doesnt sell out, then they have a last minute sell out or the blackout gets waived, and they change the local aired games at the last minute and black out different stuff on sunday ticket. The "game search" feature is supposed to then find and record the game on other channels if its available, but that so far has never ever worked for me.

Local Regional Sports Network Information

You can find the pro teams you get in your area using the link above. You will only be blacked out on Sunday Ticket if your local station is showing the game. If you get the local channels then you won't miss any games since you will be able to watch them on either the Sunday Ticket channel or the local channel.

Except when it becomes a blowout and your local station goes to a different game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)