NFL Sunday Ticket Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
kentuck1163 said:
I signed up for Sunday Ticket yesterday, and specifically asked about the offer. The rep told me "Yes, Superfan is added for free when you sign up for ST by April 30." After he was completed adding it to my account, I asked again about Superfan and he said yes, that was included.

The rep told me the computer wouldn't let her add the SF to my account. Her supervisor followed up and both said it would add automatically.

If you log into your account online, can you see the SF on your programming list?

Nope. Online it only shows "NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 Season". I will trust them on this for the time being, though....

Proc said:
They can't make this offer to some and not others.
at $229 is $20 less than the autorenew @ 209, but the free(99) S/F price
for the "early" bird more than makes up the diff. I did not get the "special" e-mail
either, but I did send a complaint to cust service. The reply to my msg is really
going to be interesting...they CAN'T have a canned reply for this........???
Perhaps this is D*s method to pump up the price of the S/T with an "early" bird
payment as opposed to a "autorenew" one, thus giving them a guar. yearly
boost in price?:mad:

Copied this post from AVS forum on the subject:
"Just got of the phone with D*, only had to go thru two reps. Second was in programming. Here's the deal. The draft special is only available to customer who where ST customer in 05 who were NOT signed up for auto renewal. They gave it to me, said they would honor the e-mail which I did not receive because I have auto renewal. However I never told them that I received the e-mail, I just told them about the e-mail. They never asked if I revceived it. Also, they threw in HBO for 6 months for 1 dollar a month. He also said "in the system" (remember he was in programming), auto renewal customers will receive a free superfan package offer in May for 229, the draft special was 209. I think the catch is for the free superfan you will have to sign up by 5/23/06, and billing will start on that cycle rather than July. So basically, they give superfan free if you agree to start your easy payment plan 2 months earlier. The CSR didn't tell me all this directly, he was reading it off his monitor as he went through the options.

I'm happy 209 for ST with Suoer fan , payments start next billing cycle.

Heres what my on-line programming displays:

DIRECTV DVR Service , We Appreciate Your Business - , Network: CBS HD , Network: FOX HD , Network: NBC HD , Network: ABC HD , Network: CBS from NYC/LA , Network: NBC from NYC/LA , Network: ABC from NYC/LA , Network: FOX from NYC/LA , HBO , TOTAL CHOICE PLUS-no locals , SHOWTIME , HD Package , STARZ , NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 Season , NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan 2006 "

This was the response I got when I e-mailed to find out if Superfan was also on auto renew.

Thanks for writing about the NFL Superfan. This package automatically renews each year the same as the NFL Sunday Ticket. You should see the notification on your bill by July of this year that we will begin billing your account for the Superfan. This will appear as a $0 charge for the NFL Superfan on the bill.

Well I spoke to someone at retention today and they said since the account is on auto-renew I would see the SuperFan charge in August, but also see the charge credited back in August. Funny thing is when I log on to the account, I do not see NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 Season nor NFL Sunday Ticket 2006 in my programming summary, but we have so many damn sports packages, who knows. I'll take the retention reps word that the NFLST is on auto-renew, since we've had the package since it came out. Just have to wait until August to see what suprise D* throws our way, I just hope there is none.

Has anyone heard of the lifting of the blackout regulations this year on ST or is this just another false rumor.

When I go through my "change programming" system, it shows 2006 NFL Sunday Ticket for 229 (I already paid for that with a check last month) and 2006 NFL Sunday Ticket SuperFan for $99 or 3 payments of $33. I did not select it as I'm not ready to pay for it.
I also got the letter from last year saying I'll get a $99 credit for SuperFan this year (I paid $99 last year).
I REALLY doubt it'll be free except for people that had it last year. Every game is going to be in HD this year. If they charged for it last year, they'll charge for it this year, the only exception being people that paid last year and got the letter.

hmm it doesn't show nfl sunday ticket on my programming or super fan. Wonder why. Does this mean I won't get SuperFan for free this year?

IM relatively new to direct tv {jan06} and obvisouly never had NFL sunday tickect last year and i got a email about draft special and free superfan.I called the reps and paid 229 as a first time NFl sunday tickect custumer and got Superfan for free and it will autorenew next year. A few reps tried to argue with me and said that since i wasnt a subscriber last year that i would not recieve teh superfan for free and i basically said bulls*^& and that the email i had in front of me stated otherwise and that they must honor it and well i got my way.I was happy and im am so pumped about this next season...

mikedz4 said:
hmm it doesn't show nfl sunday ticket on my programming or super fan. Wonder why. Does this mean I won't get SuperFan for free this year?
------------------------
Mine now shows on the account after I received this reply via e-mail from D*
Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Thanks for your interest in the NFL on DIRECTV. I have confirmed that you will be receiving complimentary NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan for the 2006 season as a part of the special offer you were emailed about from last week.

Thanks again for writing and I hope you enjoy your complimentary SuperFan subscription!

Sincerely,

Tanya
DIRECTV Customer Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)