NFL Sunday Ticket/SuperFan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
cforrest said:
Funny, the prior email that Freddog and I were talking about did not say a 5LNB was needed along with H20 or no HD games. It stated a 3LNB was needed, but it did note that for those with HD LIL, a 5 LNB and H20 were needed otherwise local HD games would not be seen. And I honestly think it's the same, they are just stating that to receive the number of games they state, over 110, a 5LNB and H20 are needed. The exception being those of us in NYC and LA. Just my 2 cents.

Just reread the email - here are the highlights I saw:

This $99 value is only $50 for preferred customers like you who purchased it last year. With your automatic SuperFan renewal:

See over 110 regular season games in HD1 (more than last year)

1 - Actual number of games varies by market due to blackout rules and other conditions. To access DIRECTV HD programming, a five-LNB Multi-Satellite dish, along with an H20 DIRECTV HD Receiver and HD television equipment is required.

So as I read it - you NEED a h20 and 5lnb to get the HD games. I currently have the HD package and HD LIL is not available in CT yet, so there is no need for me to upgrade yet - unless I want HD games in the ST. Since I had them last year, I shouldn't have to change my equipment! What a rip off!

U don't have to change your equip, only if you have HD LIL will you need the H20 and a 5LNB. If you don't have HD LIL on a SW bird, you are fine with your current equipment.

88isgreat said:
So as I read it - you NEED a h20 and 5lnb to get the HD games. I currently have the HD package and HD LIL is not available in CT yet, so there is no need for me to upgrade yet - unless I want HD games in the ST. Since I had them last year, I shouldn't have to change my equipment! What a rip off!

I live in CT too. I called retention and got the AT9 dish installed free and bought the H20 myself when the $100 rebate was active. So the whole thing didnt cost anything. If you can swing a deal, see if they can upgrade you despite the local HD not ready yet. You only have to wait a month anyways.

I just logged in to pay my bill and see that the Super Fan package is now added to my programming stuff.

Just an FYI for those who received the 99 credit last year, I had to call to get it added, it was not added automatically, like everything else is!

Proc said:
I just logged in to pay my bill and see that the Super Fan package is now added to my programming stuff.

Thats interesting, I spoke with them yesterday, paid $ 209. for the ST, and let them know about the SF letter and she showed it on my account, but she said the SF credit would not be applied till August (I think she said august) not to worry that it did not show up now.

When I logged in, The ST showed paid for but no mention about SF yet, as she dad said.

Proc, you say your account info shows the SF .....

Jimbo

cforrest said:
Yep got the same email, I plan on calling retention later on to get the $50 SuperFan fee erased.

Can i ask you who is that girl in your avatar?

So will they still have blackouts then? I thought I read a rumor on one of these forums (and an article the NFL put out) that for this year the blackouts will be lifted and you'll be able to watch all the games on ST regardless if its on your local station or not.

Or was this just a rumor? And will we ever see an MPEG4 HD-DVR?

Thanks

Last edited:
I remember reading the same thing. So my guess is no blackouts but who knows. Unless we get closer to the season or see an official statement, its not definitive.

We will see the new HD MPEG4 DVR. Not sure by football season unless Christmas comes early. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.