NFL Sunday Ticket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a FYI..I have been trying to get Sunday Ticket with free Superfan for about a week now...no go..I then found this link & called stating I got an email with this info. I got it no questions asked..good luck

DIRECTV®

:)
You are the MAN! I called them last week and cancelled ST / SF. They did it without a word! I thought they would offer it cheaper, but NO.

Today I called and told them about the email and it was no problem. :)

I had tried to get SF at no cost a month before and they said they could not waive it at that time. The did give me a $10 monthly credit for a year and waved charges for my HBO for 6 months and Showtime for 3 months. I planned to try again later closer to the start of the season.

I just called after reading about the email and tried again. At first she said that offer should only be for new ST customers. She did not see how she could wave the fee there but was looking to see if she could adjust somewhere else to give me credits. While looking to see what she could do for me, she noticed that I just recently received those credits mentioned above and I thought my chances were coming to a screeching halt. Somehow she "came upon some information" on my account that gave the appearance that I would become elgible for free SF. So she made some adjustments online and said it was taken care of.

Seems like this will be waved for a certain subset of customers meeting certain criteria but it has to be asked for of course. They will not take money out of their pockets if they don't have to.

For those who've tried and not succeeded yet, I suggest you don't actually cancel the service (ST ot SF). You have a full month and a half to keep trying and new offers can come out at any time. Special thanks to the gentleman posting the email offer.

Seems to me they might actually be bailing on the SF fees.....very interesting, wonder how many got that email?

I did not get an email, but when I called tonight to ask for 3 months free of the HD extras, the guy offered me ST for 249.00 and SF for free. I jumped on it. It's been YEARS since I had ST so i'm sure ill enjoy it!

I did not get the email - but told a white lie and said I did. I had already renewed Sunday ticket - they reviewed my account said I was eligible for free super fan, it would be credited to my account, also the renewal rate is $40 off - which is $20 better than the email- I have been a Directv customer less than a year.

forgot to say thanks a lot to couch potato who posted the info - saved me $99

I just got off the phone with a CSR, asking if there were any deals I could get for ST, she put me on hold, came back and offered ST for 4 payments of $53.80 and SF for free....woo hooo

she also said if I didn't want the SF I could have just the ST for 3 payments of $53.80

reading this and other sites it seems that starting today everyone thats calls is getting sf for free.

actually, according to the grapevine and there are conflicting reports, if you are a ST/SF sub, you get SF free; the other is if you are a first time ST sub, you get SF free. it basically sounds like directv might have actually listened to all of the complaints and decided to make SF free this year.

Interesting post Chewy:eek: Iceturkey, did or did not the FlyingJ deduce that fact back in post #95?:D

Makes you wonder though. Were they shocked by the amount of calls they got complaining about the SF pricetag. Bet they do away with SF for next year and just pump up the ST fare for everyone. Heck, how many ST subs to ST SF subs anyway? Maybe a 5 dollar hike would have covered it if it is 20 to one.
Did note that I read that the GAME MIX Channel is in HD this year, that actually is kinda cool!!

actually, according to the grapevine and there are conflicting reports, if you are a ST/SF sub, you get SF free; the other is if you are a first time ST sub, you get SF free. it basically sounds like directv might have actually listened to all of the complaints and decided to make SF free this year.

Don't forget that we are a tiny minority. The people who don't participate in the forums will still pay.

Am I the only one that still has both ST and SF for 0.00 on the account screen? Wonder if both of mine are free this year for some reaon. Doubt it but would be nice.

Am I the only one that still has both ST and SF for 0.00 on the account screen? Wonder if both of mine are free this year for some reaon. Doubt it but would be nice.

The ST portion you can be assured will change to the monthly price, the SF we can hope stays FREE.
Maybe D* has plans for it to be free this year, so they are not baulking at those that called and just gave it to them, the others that don't call, will actually get it for free. Maybe ....

Just a thought ....

I just called for the third time trying to get SF for free and this time they offered a $10 credit for 12 months so I took it.

I think last year I paid them once for ST so maybe that's what it is. Should be on my August bill if that's the case.

I think last year I paid them once for ST so maybe that's what it is. Should be on my August bill if that's the case.

that could be because my autorenewal notice indicated that my billing for both ST and SF would begin in july and both would be 6 payments.

Don't forget that we are a tiny minority. The people who don't participate in the forums will still pay.

You know what Joe, that was the most intelligent post on the entire thread. Your right. I was thinking after all these posts that man, they must be getting a boatload of calls on this. Thanks for putting it back into perspective.

that could be because my autorenewal notice indicated that my billing for both ST and SF would begin in july and both would be 6 payments.

I've been told in previous years that the SF is NOT part of the ST and will not be turned on with your AutoRenual ... I would hope that have that figured out by now, but thats what they told me last year.

Jimbo

SF was part of the auto renewal for me. I saw the $0 charge and hoped that a glitch might keep it there as well. The bill came out today with the full charge for both. I called and spoke to retention (or whoever the call was routed to when I said "cancel service") who said they weren't giving away SF for free to anyone this year. Then I told them to cancel the whole thing. The guy came back with an offer of dropping 1 payment of both. i said no so he took it off and then offered to "meet me half way" with a refund of only $30 for the ST/SF charge on my bill. It took a threat of leaving next month when our commitment is up for him to give me a refund of the whole thing. When I asked what benefit I was getting for the $30 he wasn't going to refund, he said in a roundabout way that it was a stupid tax for not cancelling it when I received notification that the payments were going to be billed this month.

I've got to say if they are pulling this with the average customer, they are going to start turning people towards other providers. After not having talked to retention in a good 10 months, I've got to say they seem to have gone from trying to help the customer to trying to screw over a customer. Thanks a lot Liberty...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts