Nfl ticket question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

beas0536

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2013
Tn
I recently bought a winter home in fl and brought a couple of my receivers with me to use here. I ordered the nfl package so I could see the Titans play since my locals don't work here. Now the game is blacked out on the nfl channel. Is this normal? Maybe I should have checked it out a little more. Any advise would be appreciated. They advertise every game every week!

DIRECTV has you on record in the Titans territory and NFL ST doesn't deliver "local" teams.

You need to change your service address to be able to use NFL ST as you had hoped. At that point, you will be blacked out for the corresponding Florida NFL teams.

You'll need to stay on top of this as you'll also lose your Tennessee locals in favor of the Florida locals when you change the address.

Sorry but the NFL Sunday Ticket is for OUT of market games. If the game you wish to watch is your "local" Team and your local Network affiliate is required to blackout that game because it did not sell out within the prescribed time period prior to the game, then the game will be blacked out on the Sunday Ticket feeds as well. These blackouts are based on your service address, not where you are geographically located.

That's what I figured was happening. So, every game every week is bull sh").&?.?. Thanks for the response.

If you read the whole story instead of just the headline, you'll find what NFL ST is:
DIRECTV NFL ST said:
Every game. Every Sunday. See every minute of every out-of-market game.
This is one of the rare cases where you don't have to read the fine print to figure out how it isn't exactly what it appears to be. I would agree that it seems to be a contradiction, but that's the way DIRECTV has chosen to roll on this one.

You MUST be from "out-of-market" (or, as JohnL points out, the game must be sold out) to see the game. This is by decree of the NFL.

This is just one of the reasons you MUST change your service address. Another is that your Customer Agreement with DIRECTV demands it in accordance with 1(m).

Just call and tell them where you are at and you will get the game you want. They only black out the games that you already receive on local channels. If your address says you are in Titans territory, then the Sunday Ticket channel for that game will be blacked out so they don't interfere with local broadcasts.

That's what I figured was happening. So, every game every week is bull sh").&?.?. Thanks for the response.

actually its not Bull. You get every game, every week. You watch Sunday ticket and then ur local channels for in network.

"Change ur address" to florida and u will get Titans on Sunday ticket but ull also get florida locals.

It might also help DirecTV from a bandwidth standpoint if the league didn't stack 10 games in one time slot.
DIRECTV has allocated 35 HD channels to PPV so I doubt that using less than a third of them for a few hours on Sunday afternoon is a major hardship. It isn't going to kill them if they start a movie every hour or 90 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.

DIRECTV has allocated 35 HD channels to PPV so I doubt that using less than a third of them for a few hours on Sunday afternoon is a major hardship. It isn't going to kill them if they start a movie every hour or 90 minutes instead of every 30 minutes.

I meant from the web NFL ST Max standpoint. But yeah, on the Sat side I'm sure DTV could reallocate some PPV for the channels needed.

The one surprise I got my first year with Sunday Ticket that they black out games on the local CHANNELS, regardless of it's the local TEAM. For example, tomorrow my local channels are showing Texas @ Ravens, Giants @ Panthers, and Colts @ 49ers. My "local" team is the Carolina Panthers, so I expected only the Panthers games to be blacked out. I didn't expect "market" to mean games-shown-in-a-DMA, I expected it to be a specific team (or teams) like the other sports packages. Not a big deal, since it just remaps you to the local when you tune in on the NFLST channel, but I would be mad if I didn't have my locals in HD.

Not a big deal, since it just remaps you to the local when you tune in on the NFLST channel, but I would be mad if I didn't have my locals in HD.

This is my first year with DirecTV. In my area the channel remap does not take me to my local channels. It searches for the same game and then changes to FOXwHD 399 or CBSwHD 391 neither of which I receive. Is there anyway to 'fix' it so it will properly tune to my locals?

Select the channel that you do get and tune to the appropriate channel #. Mine goes to the 330s too if I let it search so I don't.

The one surprise I got my first year with Sunday Ticket that they black out games on the local CHANNELS, regardless of it's the local TEAM. For example, tomorrow my local channels are showing Texas @ Ravens, Giants @ Panthers, and Colts @ 49ers. My "local" team is the Carolina Panthers, so I expected only the Panthers games to be blacked out. I didn't expect "market" to mean games-shown-in-a-DMA, I expected it to be a specific team (or teams) like the other sports packages. Not a big deal, since it just remaps you to the local when you tune in on the NFLST channel, but I would be mad if I didn't have my locals in HD.

This is my first year with DirecTV. In my area the channel remap does not take me to my local channels. It searches for the same game and then changes to FOXwHD 399 or CBSwHD 391 neither of which I receive. Is there anyway to 'fix' it so it will properly tune to my locals?

As mentioned, the search looks for any channel that has the game your looking for .... the message you get on the ST channel for a local game states to Check your local stations.

It always goes to my locals, always has. "XX @ XX is blacked out on this channel, but it has been found on channel 2 (or 8.) Would you like to tune there?" (yes) "Enjoy your program!"

There are other things (like the ESPN2/ABC mirror) that goes to the alternate feed or the national feed, which is annoying.

Yea that sort of surprised me as well.I got the Madden 25 online deal this season.I knew the Panther games would be blacked out,but not the other games carried locally.What good is mobile access hundreds of miles from home,if you still get black outs?They need to rethink how they are doing that.Should be able to tell by ip address.

This weekend, for example the Colts @ 49ers game is on a local channel. Ignorantly, I can't watch that game on my phone since I won't be home for the 2nd half. Neither are a local team. The local channels have no way to stream it online, they say you need Sunday Ticket to stream the game when you email them. It's ridiculous. I can understand blacking out the Panthers, I COULD go to that game. San Francisco is thousands of miles away. Ad revenue for the locals? You tube does local ads online, Directv should be able to, as well. I just realized the other day that I wouldn't be able to watch it, and I am not happy about it. The stupid CSR convinced me to get ST Max last year, mand I kept it for Red Zone Channel and the convenience of watching the Colts should I be out. "Watching the Colts won't be a problem, they're not your local team."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)