NFL

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is Directv the only outlet for NFL football Sunday ticket?

In the US, Yes. All providers had the opportunity to become the exclusive provider and Direct TV won the bid. The contract expires at the end of the 2014 (Feb 2015) season. On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.

In the US, Yes. All providers had the opportunity to become the exclusive provider and Direct TV won the bid. The contract expires at the end of the 2014 (Feb 2015) season. On March 23, 2009, it was announced that DirecTV paid $4 billion to extend its exclusive contract for NFL Sunday Ticket until 2014.

When the Original Contracts were up for bid and D* won it, was it suppose to be Exclusive at that point, or was D* the only one interested at that cost at that point ?

Remember, the NFL being on this type of medium at that time was an entirely NEW concept, I'm thinking others either wern't interested, thinking it wouldn't go over, or the cost was too high...

When the Original Contracts were up for bid and D* won it, was it suppose to be Exclusive at that point, or was D* the only one interested at that cost at that point ?

Remember, the NFL being on this type of medium at that time was an entirely NEW concept, I'm thinking others either wern't interested, thinking it wouldn't go over, or the cost was too high...

Many of the others were very interested but DirecTV has 1st right to renew AND they also were going to high bid.

Thanks to all who answered my question about D* and NFL ticket. It is no wonder why it is so expensive.
Thanks again

Call DirecTV and ask about it, they often do deals for new customers getting NFL, and if you already have DirecTV they can often do a monthly discount towards NFL for first time signups, or even renewals.

Thanks to all who answered my question about D* and NFL ticket. It is no wonder why it is so expensive.
Thanks again

Have you priced any season tickets to your favorite team's 8 home games? 'nuff said.

Well let's add this winner........ With NFL ST you get way more than 8 games.

............and....................... Now factor in travel and stuff if your team isn't in the same town you live in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)