NHL 2007-08 Season

Wings finally won another game, and looked pretty good in doing so! It is really apparent just how much Kronwall means to the Wings this season based on the 2 games he has been back. He makes some great reads in the offensive zone. While the young D-men have been holding their own, aside from Meech they just aren't good puck handlers in the offensive zone yet. That was the main reason for the offensive drought for most of February IMO. Hopefully they can actually string two wins together!

That was a huge gamble tinkering with the chemistry on that team... for a player they may not be able to resign. How much offense does that team need?

Should be interesting to see what happens.

I don't think it was much of a gamble, Armstrong was a third line player with 9 goals, Christensen(SP?) never unleashed his potential and Esposito IMO was drafted for the sole purpose of a trade, they have so many centers, they don't need another.

All that for the best winger available, I'll take that any day. IMO he will sign with the Pens, they will have cap room, and it's a must to sign him.

Will they make it to the finals? I don't know, but they have a better chance than anyone with the exception of the Senators.

They will have two power lines with Sid and Hossa on one, and Malkin and Sykora on the other, then add Staal as the third line center and Roberts coming back, I like their chances.

IWill they make it to the finals? I don't know, but they have a better chance than anyone with the exception of the Senators.
you may want to check the standings as the habs are in 1st in the east

so i say habs have far better shot then the penguins for east
but youll see that when you wake up from your dream

penguins are new sens in playoffs all hype no byte
well see this proven again later this year

Last edited:
Wings finally won another game, and looked pretty good in doing so! It is really apparent just how much Kronwall means to the Wings this season based on the 2 games he has been back. He makes some great reads in the offensive zone. While the young D-men have been holding their own, aside from Meech they just aren't good puck handlers in the offensive zone yet. That was the main reason for the offensive drought for most of February IMO. Hopefully they can actually string two wins together!

All the Wings offense (well a lot of it) starts from the defense. When everyone on defense returns, so will the scoring.

GO WINGS! STANLEY CUP TIME COMING SOON!

you may want to check the standings as the habs are in 1st in the east

so i say habs have far better shot then the penguins for east
but youll see that when you wake up from your dream

I know that, and the penguins are in second, but the penguins are doing this without Crosby, Roberts and Fleury(Just came back the other day) which is pretty damn good. When all three Crosby, Hossa and Roberts come back, that alone will make them a better team than what they are now.

penguins are new sens in playoffs all hype no byte
well see this proven again later this year

Granted anyone can win in the playoffs, I remember when the penguins beat the North Stars for the cup.;), and the Blackhawks.:D

But IMHO nobody has a better two scoring lines than the Pens when Crosby and Hossa comes back.

I know that, and the penguins are in second, but the penguins are doing this without Crosby, Roberts and Fleury(Just came back the other day) which is pretty damn good. When all three Crosby, Hossa and Roberts come back, that alone will make them a better team than what they are now.

Granted anyone can win in the playoffs, I remember when the penguins beat the North Stars for the cup.;), and the Blackhawks.:D

But IMHO nobody has a better two scoring lines than the Pens when Crosby and Hossa comes back.

May be true, but defense wins the Stanley Cup, IMO.

Didn't Rafalski return yesterday? (I didn't see the game). Lindstrom also due back very soon. When he returns all will be well in Hockeytown. They will hold onto the #1 seed.

Didn't Rafalski return yesterday? (I didn't see the game). Lindstrom also due back very soon. When he returns all will be well in Hockeytown. They will hold onto the #1 seed.
Yeah, Rafalski had a great game. He scored a goal with a nice slapshot while in traffic that totally surprised Legace. He also got in a fight and body slammed one of the goons on St. Louis when they started taking cheap shots at the Wings when the game was out of hand. Dats had 2 goals including an empty-netter following a beautiful steal. Franzen also got a goal with some great toughness in front of the net.

Good luck seeing Wings on Sunday if you have E*

I was checking the E* for the CI schedule for Wings coverage and could NOT find it. I did find coverage over on the D* schedule.
Does any one have any ideas. I check NBC and they have the Pens on at 12:30.

Which trade at the deadline was best? Richards had 5 points his first game with Dallas and quieted down right quick.

The Sharks had the best trade. Steve Bernier had 2 goals his first hame in Buffalo and not done much since. The Sharks, on the other hand, have won a franchise record 10 games in a row! Brian Campbell is a stud.

Which trade at the deadline was best? Richards had 5 points his first game with Dallas and quieted down right quick.

The Sharks had the best trade. Steve Bernier had 2 goals his first hame in Buffalo and not done much since. The Sharks, on the other hand, have won a franchise record 10 games in a row! Brian Campbell is a stud.

Granted I'm bias, but I thought Hossa was the best trade.

For my fellow Red Wing's fans:
Last night's win clinched a playoff spot for the 17th consecutive season. (The longest current streak of playoff appearances in pro sports!)
They clinched the Central Division for the 7th consecutive season.
Reached 100 pts. for the 8th consecutive season, tying an NHL record set by the Canadians.

GO RED WINGS- BRING THE STANLEY CUP HOME TO DETROIT!!!

It was nice to see that the Wings 11 game streak came to an end last night. Now I am off to hopefully see a 2 game losing streak start. Lets see if the Jackets can pull it together today against the Wings.

There is a God! The Spurs are out!

My Random Thoughts on a Saturday Afternoon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts