NHL 2008-09 Season

Avery is an idiot. This put the final nail in the coffin for him with his relations with the Dallas Stars.. hope the send him to the minors. That way he will have plenty of time to talk while riding the bus. :)

Barry Melrose is coming back to ESPN.

Melrose, fired in November by the Tampa Bay Lightning, will be back on ESPN's hockey coverage beginning Jan. 1, 2009. The same day, the NHL will play its annual Winter Classic game at Wrigley Field in Chicago.

It was only a matter of time.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3745431"]Barry Melrose's place: Back on ESPN hockey coverage - ESPN[/ame]

I laughed when I saw melrose back on talk about Avery. He sounded a bit salty on the phone though, coming back to broadcasting with your tail between your legs can't be the best feeling in the world.

I laughed when I saw melrose back on talk about Avery. He sounded a bit salty on the phone though, coming back to broadcasting with your tail between your legs can't be the best feeling in the world.

I don't know about the tail stuff after all I think that he has a multi year contract
with the Bolts. I also don't know what happens when he starts work with someone else who is not a hockey team.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3754236"]Buffalo Sabres quickly deny report that team is up for sale - ESPN[/ame]

It also says that the team, if sold, would play part of its season in Hamilton, Ontario.

Just what I need- another kick in the groin.

A possible new avatar suggestion for you Sabres...

ray47424.jpg

The Bruins are now 20-5-4 and with 44 points, they are 4 points ahead of the Rangers for best record in the Eastern Conference (and the B's have played 3 games less than the Rangers).

But, out of the two tenants that play in TD Banknorth Garden, that's the worst record.

The combined record of the Garden cohabitants: 42-7-4! :eek:

Red Wings 6 - Sharks 0 - SLAP! The road to the Stanley Cup still runs through Detroit, in case some of you's on the left coast have forgotten. TOO SWEET!:up

Agreed!!!

As good as my Bruins have looked, I would be a fool to think that Lord Stanley's Cup didn't go through the Motor City!!

6-0 over the Sharks??!!!! :eek:

VERY impressive indeed!

Red Wings 6 - Sharks 0 - SLAP! The road to the Stanley Cup still runs through Detroit, in case some of you's on the left coast have forgotten. TOO SWEET!:up
I have been so busy with work and school and exams that I jut turned a look at the sports scores. Schweet! Hopefully, the Wings can get their defense and netminding back on track and functioning properly.

Bruins won their 8th in a row tonight, and are now tied with San Jose for the most points in the NHL with 58.

The B's are now 27-5-4, and are 9 points ahead of the next closest team (Washington) in the Eastern Conference.

Other stats of note:

The Bruins are 13-1-1 at home and 14-4-3 on the road.

The Bruins lead the NHL in BOTH goals scored (132) AND goals against (80).

Bruins won their 8th in a row tonight, and are now tied with San Jose for the most points in the NHL with 58.

The B's are now 27-5-4, and are 9 points ahead of the next closest team (Washington) in the Eastern Conference.

Other stats of note:

The Bruins are playing well, but I feel The Cup is staying in the Western Conference. It should be interesting to see what happens before the trading deadline.

Other stats of note:

The Bruins are playing well, but I feel The Cup is staying in the Western Conference. It should be interesting to see what happens before the trading deadline.

Glad to see the Bruins playing well and leading the conference and by a LOT to boot.
Lets not forget , there is a TON of time left before the playoffs.

Jimbo

Glad to see the Bruins playing well and leading the conference and by a LOT to boot.
Lets not forget , there is a TON of time left before the playoffs.

Jimbo
...and, as history has shown, winning the President's Cup means very little when it comes to winning the Stanley Cup. I am still holding out hope that Scotty Bowman will return to take the helm of the Wings prior to the playoffs. It could happen...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts