NHL 2013 Season

Wild win 2 in a row
If they win tonight that would be called a winning streak (to quote the manager in Major League)

So far the Wild are in good support of the theory that unless you are George Steinbrenner, you cannot buy success.
Quite frankly, I think the Wild paid too much and the deals extended to Parise and Suter were too long in duration.
The season is young. So the jury is still out.

That deal is looking better and better as the season is going on. It has taken a little bit for the guys to start playing together as a team. I think that the no preseason and shortened training camp really hurt the CBJ this year. That would have been a huge help to get the players on the same page since there was a larger turnover from last year.

If Columbus can keep those guys and acquire better players to support those nucleus guys, they can turn the franchise into a contender.
Building a team around one or two quality players is always a work in progress. I cite Washington as an example. Here we have one of the world's elite players. The Caps signed Ovechkin to a long term deal. The Caps tried to bring guys in that would in theory support Ovechkin and take some of the pressure off of him. Hasn't worked. They just didn't get it done. Now Ovechkin is almost the only top shelf player in the Room there.
Jackets tried the same with Nash. Could not get it done. Now the move they made in shipping out Nash for two very good players was the right move.

Once again, WHY did they keep Howson going into the season ?

They KNEW they were making this move, he was the ONLY one they talked too ....

Sometimes it all comes down to timing. You can only make the move once the person is ready. Was there something keeping him in his current position until now? I am sure we will never know.

It's a shame they never got the players to build the team around Nash, I really liked Nash.

I did as well but I am really starting to like Dubinsky. I think we got one heck of a deal from NY for Nash after seeing them play. It would not surprise me if Dubinsky doesn't wear the C next year.

Blues finally woke up and beat the Wings and played like they should have all season and hope it continues :)

Blues finally woke up and beat the Wings and played like they should have all season and hope it continues :)

Wings 1st period was very good, till they gave up a late Short Handed Goal ... then it was down hill from there.
They lead 2-1 at that point and was outscored from that point forward 2-0, 1 being in OT.

Blues can be VERY GOOD when the press the issue.
They have rattled Detroit whenever they play that way, however the Blues seem to only do that in certain times instead of continuous thruout the game.

Wings 1st period was very good, till they gave up a late Short Handed Goal ... then it was down hill from there.
They lead 2-1 at that point and was outscored from that point forward 2-0, 1 being in OT.

Blues can be VERY GOOD when the press the issue.
They have rattled Detroit whenever they play that way, however the Blues seem to only do that in certain times instead of continuous thruout the game.

Took a rookie goaltender Jake Allen to wake them up and get them going since Elliot sucks this year so far and let's hope it continues and he is getting another start next game :)

Good game last niight between Blues and Canucks and great goaltending again by the rookie Jake Allen :) Go Blues :)

I can't believe how bad the ice looks at "the pond" for the Ducks tonight. I am not sure I have seen worse looking ice at high school hockey games.

NFL DRAFT 2013

Stone-Cold Proof That Baseball Is Awesome

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)