Nintendo Switch Thread

I'd say it's doing very well here too. It's almost always out of stock at major online retailers like Amazon and I've yet to see one in a local store. I have been looking out of curiosity.

The only place I see that I can order one right now is Gamestop but that's misleading since the estimated ship date is in two weeks. Even then, this only applies to bundles starting at $399. They are selling them as fast as they make them.

You could argue that this is all because of artificial scarcity because Nintendo has some history with that but looking at the sales numbers I don't think that's what's happening here.

I'd say it's doing very well here too. It's almost always out of stock at major online retailers like Amazon and I've yet to see one in a local store. I have been looking out of curiosity.

The only place I see that I can order one right now is Gamestop but that's misleading since the estimated ship date is in two weeks. Even then, this only applies to bundles starting at $399. They are selling them as fast as they make them.

You could argue that this is all because of artificial scarcity because Nintendo has some history with that but looking at the sales numbers I don't think that's what's happening here.
This is probably one of the few times that Nintendo isn't actively contributing to the shortages. If the news that they're looking to up production is to be believed they're definitely looking to not have that same level of scarcity.

Mario Odyssey:

19148914_1977858932433444_146687007357721617_n.jpg

Thanks to the new Switch Update, you can do this!

Sadly if you were hoping you could do something practical like move saves to external storage, you get to eat sh*t. Oh, and Regie Fil-Amie said there's NO timeline as to when we can expect that to be a thing..

The Creative Director of XCOM 2 was interviewed about the reveal of Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle

This was an interesting watch. As someone who likes modern XCOM it was kind of insane to see how blatantly Ubisoft/Nintendo was copying their game. I mentioned to yourbeliefs as soon as I saw the gameplay for this game that they used the exact XCOM icons for half cover and full cover and it was funny to see the creative director from XCOM mention that in this video.

There have been other XCOM copy cats like Hard West and Massive Chalice but it was quite a bit more jarring to see it happen with something as big as Mario. Still I think this looks like a game I will want to play when I eventually get a Switch and I didn't think I would ever say that about a Rabbids game.

If 2K really wants to capitalize on this they should work on getting XCOM 2 ported over to the Switch. Ubisoft/Nintendo are bringing their signature formula to a whole new audience. Some of the people who play it will want more of that style of gameplay with a bit more depth.

Well, my youngest son's switch will be going in for warranty repair.

When you attach left joycon, it clicks, but then you can't get any input from the joycon and it acts like it's not there. Tried with multiple joycons (from the other kid's switches) and the same thing happens, so it's not the joycon.

Works great when the controllers are detached, but handheld mode is a no go, so off to Nintendo repair it is.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, Nintendo is finally getting a WWE game again with the announcement that WWE 2K18 is coming to the Nintendo Switch.

Hopefully they'll be better than the WWF games that came out on the NES..

UPS is scheduled to deliver my son's switch to Nintendo's repair facility in Syracuse today. So I'll be able to see how long it takes for them to fix/replace it. The service tech I talked to on the phone says they'll be able to transfer the save files in case they have to replace it as long I send the SD card in with it.

*edit* Nintendo emailed me and let me know that it was received.

Last edited:
UPS is scheduled to deliver my son's switch to Nintendo's repair facility in Syracuse today. So I'll be able to see how long it takes for them to fix/replace it. The service tech I talked to on the phone says they'll be able to transfer the save files in case they have to replace it as long I send the SD card in with it.

*edit* Nintendo emailed me and let me know that it was received.
That's a little screwy that they would require you to send a SD card to transfer your data. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo doesn't have the tools to do that themselves without one.

Reactions: KE4EST
That's a little screwy that they would require you to send a SD card to transfer your data. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo doesn't have the tools to do that themselves without one.
They wanted me to send the SD card that was being used with the system (if I was using one) if I wanted any saves transferred. It wasn't a card just for the repair.

Sounds like the saves are stored on the SD card, and so they need it to transfer the files from being linked to the old system to being linked to the new.

Reviews for Splatoon 2 are coming in. Looks like the game is significantly improved over the original (which was already good to most), although unfortunately the reviewers couldn't speak to the full online capabilities, because why would Nintendo have that up in time?

Early "reviews" are also coming in for the Nintendo online app. Sure enough, it's s***.

http://kotaku.com/the-switchs-phone-enabled-voice-chat-is-as-ridiculous-a-1797058470

Nintendo Switch Online app’s voice chat is already turning people off

Nintendo's new online service looks like it could be every bit as bad as you feared

Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Nintendo Switch Online App

The CEO of Sony has even weighed in on it

To be fair, the service doesn't completely launch until Friday to coincide with the official release of Splatoon 2, but it's a bit sad that this is just as awful looking now as it was back when it was announced earlier this year.

Forgot to mention, my son's Switch came back from repair a couple weeks ago. Fixed and as good as new. Looks like they were able to repair the rail itself as it's the same unit (still had the glass screen protector on it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts