No Audio from Voom

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I have had Voom since the 17th of March. When I turned it on yesterday night I got no sound from my receiver. I have Voom connected with a coaxial to the Onkyo. What could be the problem?

You are not alone.

Yep. I get that a lot. I'll change to a specific channel (usually Travel Channel) and get no audio until I channel up and channel back.

omard. said:
I have gone to OTA Channels and different HD channels and no audio.

Have you looked at your audio receiver and made sure that no one has touched the settings? It happened to me as of my kids touched the audio receiver.

If that's not the case, did you try rebooting stb? Plug/unplug stb? Have you checked the analog audio?

Sean Mota said:
Have you looked at your audio receiver and made sure that no one has touched the settings? It happened to me as of my kids touched the audio receiver.

If that's not the case, did you try rebooting stb? Plug/unplug stb? Have you checked the analog audio?

I have not changed the setting on the receiver.

I have rebooted the stb twice and still no aduio.

As far as the analog I have not tried that as of yet.

omard. said:
I have not changed the setting on the receiver.

I have rebooted the stb twice and still no aduio.

As far as the analog I have not tried that as of yet.

Did you unplug/plug the receiver?

Have you tried the optical connection? What happened with the analog you were going to try? Anything?

Does your Onkyo let you assign digital audio inputs? Has that changed?

Also, you may wanna check the Coax audio connection in back of the VOOM box... if its a loose fit, it may have slipped out. Just a thought....

I checked the connections and they are nice and tight, I did not try the Optical, there has been no changes to the receiver that i'm aware of. I never tried analog. Will try that next.

I just downloaded the pdf of your reciever manual.

Go to page 52 of 80 and read over the section on Input Setup. I'm just wondering if for some odd reason you may have made a setup change or it was done inadvertantly.
Looks like your reciever has some defaults based on connections but can be re-assigned if so desired and then verify your V* STB audio settings (PCM or Digital).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts