No Audio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pinkcookies26

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
I have an HR20 and have it hooked up to a Samsung HPT-5064 plasma via an HDMI cable. I also have an optical audio cable going to my surround sound receiver from the HR20 but when I put the source on DTV on the receiver I get no sound. The HR20 manual says that you can do this even if you are running HDMI straight to the TV from the HR20. Anyone have this problem, or have any solutions? Thanks.

If it has NEVER worked, then likely the TOSLINK ports on the A/V receiver may need to be mapped or maybe (if you have more that one TOSLINK port) try another to test that theory.

What make & model A/V receiver?

Hi, thanks. Its a Yamaha HTR-5750. It has 3 fiber optical ports and a digital coax port. They are all working except the port from the HR20 and they all worked on my old Panasonic big screen. I have switched the ports to run a test and no luck. Bad cable maybe? Ive got quite the setup so its really hard to get behind there and pull cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts