No Directivo until 2010

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, when I posted this, it hadnt yet hit the other site. I imagine those guys will start jumping off cliffs after this news.
Where can I go to watch. :D

Man, this is not good news. Rather than letting people go working on this project they should have layed off the staff that works on HR series.
LMAO!!!!! :D

Is someone remember that dual tuner USB contraption for your Home PC, what DTV posed a while ago ? ;)
The HDPC-20 has been postponed indefinitely.
So much for the D* lovers saying E* was the only one doing this.

There was no way that they could come up, design, alpha test, beta test and release a new receiver in a 1 year timeframe.

Tivo told me this at CES so I am not surprised to see this news.

I personally would not be surprised if it did not hit the market until late in 2010.

Look how long the original HR20 took to come out from the time it was announced until the time it hit the streets. I believe it was over 3 years. (And when it came out it was unfinished many features of the box did not work and were gradually added over time)

I do believe that Tivo can make a great box for DirecTV, but great things take time to make.

But has anyone confirmed they (tivo) are actually designing the box. I see the following line in a couple of articles about DTV and Tivo, (even from tivo pr) A Directv HD-DVR with tivo . In the past tivo used the phrase "with tivo" to mean a 3rd party hardware that tivo then writes there software to work with. So has there been any confirmation one way or another, that tivo is making the hardware or is this going to be another DTV designed box with Tivo software?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)