No Existing Sub can get Turbo HD?

Well, according to Dish Network's own webpage, you won't be able to get TurboHD as a current customer.

DISH Network -- Tools

I don't get why they would not sell TurboHD to an existing customer.

*shrug*

What are they going to do for existing customers that want to get HD? Make them stay with their standard def and pay $10 or $20 extra for HD access? I can't imagine them saying "you can't have HD" to current customers.

Robert

for existing customer :
Iknow this is a little bit confussing

Starting August 1st you can be Turbo-Charged and get the benefits and features of TurboHD for as little as $10 a month with our BronzeHD, SilverHD or GoldHD packages. If you are upgrading to HD or already have an HD package you can get more than 100 HD channels but depending on the package that you have like if you do have the AEP(americas everything package) you will be eligible to enjoy this 100 HD channels

Existing HD customers will be automatically Turbo-Charged on August 1st, they will not have to do anything to get the best HD service available,

stomers get the same great HD channels if they get our new or existing HD packages
All DISH HD customers can get over 100 HD channels starting on 8/1
Customers will get the exact same number of HD channels if they have TurboHD or an AT package with an add-on HD package
  • For example TurboHD Silver and America's Top 200 with SilverHD have the same amount of HD channels
AT customers with an add-on HD package will get many more channels than a TurboHD package because they will also get SD only channels
If the customer is interested in an all HD package we will offer our TurboHD package to existing customers on February 1st 2009

and here are some good deals :

• PlatinumHD Test Drive FREE for 3 Months
    • 7 additional unique HD channels
    • Customer must have BronzeHD, SilverHD or GoldHD and not have PlatinumHD to be eligible
  • HBO/Starz FREE for 3 Months
    • 14 additional HD channels
    • Must agree to a 24 commitment
    • Must have qualified programming (America's Top 100 or higher, DishLATINO or higher, TurboHD Bronze or higher, dishHD Absolute or qualified international programming)
  • Annual Cinemax for a Penny
    • 4 additional HD channels
    • Must sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing
    • Cust not have or had Cinemax for the last 6 months
</B>

Also, someone mentioned a rumor before that dropping a premium (or any other change) could cause an Absolute sub to lose Grandfathered status. Any word on the truth of this, and what on earth we would dropped to? Turbo Gold seems the most equivalent, or will they make us go to and "America's Top" package with the HD add-on? I'm thinking about dropping my Cinemax.

I would like the answer to this also, as I will drop my premium in a heartbeat.
I usually switch between HBO and Showtime for original shows, but if Dish doesn't want my money like that, then f'em....
I do realize they want more of my money....

HD Absolute + Local + DVR ($40) = TurboHD Gold + Platinum + Local + DVR - RSN - Big 10 ($60)

Am I correct to assume the above equation will hold ture until Feb. 2009?

Almost... HD Gold also included Encore HD, Absolute won't be getting Encore (unless you add the starz pack - no proof, but most likely); Big Ten is only in Big Ten markets (unless you add the multi-sports pack) and nothing concrete that RSNs won't be in the Absolute pack (altough I would be shocked as all get out if it is actually there in the absolute pack)

If those of us with HD Absolute are unable to change our premium packages on or after Aug. 1 without losing grandfather status, what happens to us when our 1 year of Cinemax for a penny expires? I think mine does in November or December (can't remember).

Will we be charged for a year of Cinemax at full price? Charged monthly full rate? Given another year for another penny? If I have to pay full fare I'd want to drop it, but it sounds like that would be killing my grandfather status!

OK, that make sense, hopefully RSN will be included with HD Absoulte..then I will be happy..
(Don't really care about Encore and Big 10, but would love to have RSN)

BTW..how did dish come up with 100+ HD channel count? Even with the additional 17 HD channels, I am only counting about 70...unless we include things like RSN from all regions & HD from sports pack like NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB (which still isn't availavle with dish..)

I recall reading from somewhere that as long as you have paperless billing & auto pay, you will continue to have cinemax for a penny..

When I joined cinemax for a penny back in January, I was told mine would be good for at least 2 yrs..

What about the "free" Home protection plan?? Should I cancel that now, or does that even matter???
I am getting hooked up Tuesday with the HD Absolute. I don't want to lose it!!

I just got another email from ceo@echostar.com and was told the Turbo Packages will be rolled out in phases and will be available to existing subs on 2/1/09. The guy said he would keep me posted. Also, I have read where the Cinemax deal is only for a year and does not renew. You then have to wait 6 months and then can get it again. I dont really know what the whole truth is on the Cinemax deal but thought I would pass on what I have heard.

Alot of good and aslo confusing reading in this thread. lol
I am also wanting to go to the HD Absolute package and take my chances with the rsn's. (Iwant them also, but if they don't come aug 1, the money savings would still make it worth it).
My question is (sorry if I miised the answer on this 1), with the HD Absolute, do I still get my locals, and can I still get showtime or any other premium channel's?? Also if I call and switch, can I still get cineamax for a penny deal?
TIA WGFA

My question is (sorry if I miised the answer on this 1), with the HD Absolute, do I still get my locals, and can I still get showtime or any other premium channel's?? Also if I call and switch, can I still get cineamax for a penny deal?
TIA WGFA
Yup, as of this moment (and at least til the end of the month) you can still get your locals, can still add premium packs and max for a penny. Just can't add multi-sports pack. I have HD Absolute, penny Max, Starz, locals and DVR; current bill around $53. Gonna keep it locked there as long as possible (which will probably be Feb '09). Sounds like the KEY to keeping that bill is to not change anything on your package after August 1.

Yup, as of this moment (and at least til the end of the month) you can still get your locals, can still add premium packs and max for a penny. Just can't add multi-sports pack. I have HD Absolute, penny Max, Starz, locals and DVR; current bill around $53. Gonna keep it locked there as long as possible (which will probably be Feb '09). Sounds like the KEY to keeping that bill is to not change anything on your package after August 1.
Thanks dmendenjr, I think that I am gonna take the plunge and get HD Absolute with locals, showtime and max foa a penny. :up

Well I got it
HD AB $ 29.99
Showtime 11.99
Locals 5.00
DVR 5.00
Insurance 5.00
Cimemax Free
for 2 months ------------
Total $56.98 + Tax:up
She would not give me the cinemax for a penny because she said that I already had it for the past 6 months in the everything package I had, and that offer did not apply to me. Anybody else have this problem? Also I have the Insurance, do u think that I should keep that?
Probably gonna go up another 5.00 when I disconnect my phone line (another F***in scam they got goin). :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)