No OTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just checked and indeed it is not possible to change the step to anything other than 6000. But you can change the start frequency in increments of 1000 so that lets you scan all the 1 Mhz steps by doing 6 scans. I tried that and it picks up nothing on the UHF scan if the start frequency is anything other than the default. But I get a bunch of stations when I scan with the default settings. It looks like you may have a hardware failure in the receiver - the antenna sounds like it's OK since it works with your other receivers. Maybe take the cover off and look for a broken connection? Might be the previous owner did some hardware hacking for whatever reason.

Just checked and indeed it is not possible to change the step to anything other than 6000...... Maybe take the cover off and look for a broken connection? Might be the previous owner did some hardware hacking for whatever reason.
Well, at least I was not nuts on the stuck 6000 problem. I did look around inside after I was advised to remove that "internal board" the previous had installed. Sure cut down the heat! Guess I will just not use this for any OTA and continue to confuse myself with searching for FTA that "should" be there and sometimes is not.(or at least no signal).

RT.

Don't give up RT. I have the file you are looking for; 012909. You can Google it and download. I tried to post it in the "Firmware/File" section on this site, but could not figure out how....it just wouldn't take it. Sorry! But you'll find it in a hurry thru Google. Ask for "SV8000 software files." The file is in .RAR format. If you don't have that, download it free from rarlabs.com. Removing that card is an excellent idea, it will extend the life of the receiver a lot. Also, if you can load the file I mention earlier in this post you will find it helps to increase the Signal Strength/Quality readings-- its a real cure-all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)