Non-install today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you can get 110 with no problem you should be getting all of the Direct sats.

I think 110, 119 and 129 but not 100% sure.

Actually, if those numbers are true, he must be having trouble to the east with something blocking the signal, (trees ?).
I was thinking that DISH used the 101 location, but I am wrong from what you guys are saying.

No you didn't.......

When we moved into our new house I pulled CAT5 to all the rooms and all speaker wire for home theater and outdoor speakers. So when the DirecTV tech showed up to do our "movers" install I showed him where he could drop his line down from the attic and he said he would have to charge me $50.00 for that. WHAT! Everything has already been drilled for you buddy. It was in inside wall with no insulation. He wouldn't have even had to get his fish tape/rods off the truck. I told him to cut me 200ft of cable and leave all the equipment needed for the install. You can't trust ANYONE in Memphis, TN.
Oh yes you can sir......You have been visited by some of Memphis' finest. There are professional satellite installers in Memphis but, you won't find many of them driving those white company vans...I am contractor , I have 3 contracts for installing DirecTv, FTA and anything telecommunications related. You hurt my feelings by saying you can not trust anyone in Memphis..Evidentally you have not tried to get a professional in your house. You call DirecTv , you have no idea if the man coming to your house started yesterday, or last decade. Those HSP techs do what they are told by there partners in the HSP tell them to do...I would not let one of these guys in my driveway let alone my house to do any sort of work..You know what you could do, ask the CSR that answers your phone to give you the name of the technician that is going to be at your house, then ask for a list of his references...They don't keep info like that...That company,as is all HSP offices,has a revolving door policy...They cannot keep quality techs in that office...I feel same way about the people of Cordova, lol, not really but you can't stereotype a whole city...I came here back in '95 to get DirecTv installe dinto people's homes because the Memphis man does not like to work..I have been rocking steady for the past 15 years in this market. Next time you want your system installed, upgraded, or serviced by a professional, look in your local advertisements to find an independant...I believe you would not be disappointed

Last edited:
Woohoo!! I canceled my existing order with the incompetent people and went to a local retailer. I am getting two HR24s and a free HD receiver (HD only market). Scheduled for the first half of Monday. Same promotions as ordering online minus the referral but that's fine with me. Just glad I got someone local I can drive by if things go crazy again.

Dishpointer iPhone App

I finally got around to downloading the dishpointer app on my wife's iphone. The installer said one satellite came directly through a tree where my current dish is at. I believe he is wrong as all three are above the tree.

I have attached some pictures of the app for both my current satellites with E* and D* 99, 101 & 103 which I think are the satellites I will need LOS for. Would I possibly need a different satellite in place of one of those? It's obvious at some point the trees will be an issue, but I think it should be ok for two years if they put the dish on the roof.

Attachments

• dtv2.jpg
    dtv2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 134
  • dish network.jpg
    dish network.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 154
I finally got around to downloading the dishpointer app on my wife's iphone. The installer said one satellite came directly through a tree where my current dish is at. I believe he is wrong as all three are above the tree.

I have attached some pictures of the app for both my current satellites with E* and D* 99, 101 & 103 which I think are the satellites I will need LOS for. Would I possibly need a different satellite in place of one of those? It's obvious at some point the trees will be an issue, but I think it should be ok for two years if they put the dish on the roof.

Any idea what the clearance over the trees is? D* says 5 degrees of separation between LOS and any obstructions (up/down/left/right) . Local HSP wants 10 degrees.

Any idea what the clearance over the trees is? D* says 5 degrees of separation between LOS and any obstructions (up/down/left/right) . Local HSP wants 10 degrees.

No, I haven't a clue. Hoping its enough to get service.

Just received a letter in the mail today stating a now canceled order was scheduled for this Saturday the 17th. Funny because that was the first of heard of any rescheduled install. Doesn't matter though my new order is set for Monday with a local retailer.

Got my confirmation call today for my appt thats set for 8-12 tomorrow. Wish me luck that I get a new installer that knows what they are doing and actually get me setup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)