Nutty Weather?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until a few weeks ago, was mowing every 5 days. Since then haven't mowed but once. Last measurable moisture we had was over a week ago, and only 2/10 in 4 hours of light drizzle. Only enough for the weeds. Took the grass whip to the few of 'em. BTW: I will never water, or fertilize, grass. (2-4-D, yes) So, I'm not complaining.

We got a whole 1/10 of an inch the other day. We are 5" below normal for May, which is to say we average about 5 inches in May and haven't got much. March we were way above normal, so in total we are 3 inches below normal for the year so far and still running about 6 degrees above normal for temps. 90's in May is not what I like.

I try to water once a week just to keep the yard from turning totally brown and burning up. The green grass helps to keep it somewhat tolerable outside. You don't just have the heat radiating back up from burnt grass and dirt.

Just a few more days and we will have officially set another record. The warmest avg temps for the month of May on record. Been running 4 to 5 degrees above normal this month and had virtually no rain. I'm thinking my predication that we will have another record breaking summer is gonna hold up.:(

Right now we are have the worst fire season here in New Mexico, yesterday the sky over Albuquerque was brown and orange and very hazy and yucky winds up to 35 MPh and it's in mid 80s*F:( But today it's looks alot better but then again the winds may shift in other directions.

Last I check the fire has burned 100,000 acers of land, so it's rough going sadly to say to say at least.....

Right now we are have the worst fire season here in New Mexico, yesterday the sky over Albuquerque was brown and orange and very hazy and yucky winds up to 35 MPh and it's in mid 80s*F:( But today it's looks alot better but then again the winds may shift in other directions.

Last I check the fire has burned 100,000 acers of land, so it's rough going sadly to say to say at least.....

The smoke was so thick by my house that I had some respiratory problems. I had to run one of those HEPA filters with a fan on it. Much better today, cooler too.

Last edited:
We are in the 90's today and just last week the 70's with a lot of rain. Factor in the humidity, about as high as the temp. and it feels miserable here. My ac just went out and I'm about to croak. I've been mowing about 2 acres of yard twice a week. I try to mow in the morning hours, coolest part of the day.:)

Looks like my predictions for summer are coming true. Just a few days into Summer and we are running 12-15 degrees above normal. Normally should be around 90-92 here in late June. We have been at 105 now 3 days in a row and that is the going number for the next 7 days. We had 44 days above 100 last year, really hope that doesn't happen again this year. Normally we get 7-10 and they don't come till late July/August.

Looks like my predictions for summer are coming true. Just a few days into Summer and we are running 12-15 degrees above normal. Normally should be around 90-92 here in late June. We have been at 105 now 3 days in a row and that is the going number for the next 7 days. We had 44 days above 100 last year, really hope that doesn't happen again this year. Normally we get 7-10 and they don't come till late July/August.

Same here we had cool day after a week around 100 and were going to be over 100 for next week :)

We, on the other hand are about 10 degrees cooler than normal. That is gonna change tomorrow though.....

Fall and winter needs to hurry up. We had 34 days over 100 last year and we have passed that now this year with at least another week of triple digits ahead. The highest temp ever recorded in Tulsa was 115 and we are supposed to flirt with that over the next 4-5 days. 108 today, supposed to be 111 tomorrow and 112-113 the following days before falling back to low 100's for next weekend. Still 98 at 10:30 tonight. I was really surprised at my electric bill yesterday for mid June thru mid July, not nearly what I was afraid it was going to be.

Edit. I stand corrected. Just saw news again and it's 37 straight days above our average temps so 97 and above and 28 over 100 but we will pass last years mark of 34 next weekend

Last edited:
osu1991,
That is HOT. Hope you don't have the humidity also.
Been very hot here in Michigan. Where it is not a normal thing. I can't remember the last time, if ever, my outside thermometer read 99.0! Not normal here.

Winter will be here before you know it.

RT.

Well this sucks. Transformer for my neighborhood just blew. Without power now and it is still 100 even at 10:30. Looks like it is just my street and the one behind us. Hopefully doesn't take AEP/PSO 4 hrs to fix. I'll give them a half hour and go to my dads house since he is in Las Vegas where it is cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well only 2 1/2 hrs and the a/c is pumping out cold air again. Sent everyone else to my dads house and waited around since I saw the trucks behind my house tracing the underground route. Hopefully it stays on. I've heard two more transformers blow down the line since mine came back up.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Tied a record high yesterday at 111 and set a new record high today at 112 and the hottest spot in the nation was just 20 miles away at 115 in Okmulgee, OK. Hotter here than Death Valley today. Supposedly a small cool front from Kansas pushed thru to keep us from hitting the 115 mark. I can definitely say it wasn't cool enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts