Nutty Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weather sure has cooled down big time and the wind sure was howling the past day. A friend of mine seen it snow for about an hour last night.

No snow here only rain and chilly. Just East of Erie a lot of places got 6 to 8 inches of snow and in Southwest New York some places got a foot!

From what the weather man just said FaT Air and Magic Static had better get Puppi and Rowdy the sat cat next to the air conditioner. Same for all the other cat and dog people out West. Going to be hot West of Michigan today. I sure wish you could pump me some of that heat. Here this week - Highs low 50's, lows freezing. At least we did not get any of that snow!

Meow.

It's just teasing us with a day or two of warm temps. After today, forecast says cooling down to mid 50's for highs for the next week. Puppi likes warm, he'll be grumbling tomorrow, after 'sunning' yesterday and today.

Last month the crazy wind took one of the split tops from one of my pines in the front yard. Made a mess. Well the CRAZY high winds yesterday took the other branch. So now I have a trunk 35 feet high without any top and the top in the front yard. Lucky I was! It landed just brushing the house and right where it would do no damage. It could have taked out the flag pole or much worse, my Crimson King Maple tree I planted in 1999. This big pine, the trunk 3 feet off the ground measures 22 inches in daimeter. I planted that twig 45 to 48 years ago!
Now to go outside and start cutting......

RT.
Tree2 004s.jpgTree2 005s.jpgTree2 006s.jpg

We've got those 35-40mph winds today. I've been watching the 40ft willow in my back yard whip around. I have a 25ft birch that is bending pretty good too. It needs to settle down and cool off a little. I have a pile of limbs, from my yearly trimming last week, that I need to burn.

We have now officially had the warmest Jan-April period since Oklahoma began keeping records in 1895. Almost 6 degrees above normal daily average. March was also the warmest on record since 1895. Grandfield, Oklahoma also set a record last year with 101 days at/over 100 degrees.

Already in a typical Summertime pattern here... Very hot during the day, with heat-generated thunderstorms forming in the late afternoon.

Rinse and repeat until mid October...

Temperature only in the 60's here today in WV after having temperatures in the 80's being very humid.

Weather here in the northeast has been below to average temps for a while now since the very warm winter.Im hoping that weather pattern that gave us the real warm winter stays away for awhile giving us a pleasent spring and summer without too much big heat.

My tomato plants are blooming already here, 2-3 weeks early I think, and the little pepper plants have a couple of small pods on them too. Once the mud from the weekend of rain dries up some they'll near ready to pick.

5 degrees above normal so far for spring here. The weathermen just said we are looking at August weather patterns instead of May to June weather patterns for the coming weeks dry and windy instead of wet and starting to warm up. Guess I need to burn my pile of limbs before we get any burn bans.

Can't get over how people like to talk about the weather. This thread could grow longer than even the microHD thread...on second thought, even a weather thread couldn't do that.
Gotta discuss the weather. We can't write about how well the micro is working......:rolleyes:

Meow.

I don't mind discussing the weather, I just hate with a passion our local weatherman and the way they want to sensationalize it every time anything happens around here. This is one of the first years we have been able to watch season finales of prime time shows without being interrupted or completely preempted because the radar is showing pretty colors 200 miles away. That is due in part to the abnormal temps and dry May we are having.

More cold, cold Michigan nutty weather. Heat wave Sunday! Topped out at 93.3 degrees F. Woke up Monday morning and it was 51.1 degrees F. A 42.2 degree change in 18 hours!
So what do you do on a Sunday when it is that hot out? Well, head for the water. The water that makes the pressure washer work. Blasted the moss off the front of my two pole barns. Sure look nice now. Got splashed and it felt good.

Tried to get RT out and get cooled off but he liked inside better. My Cinder(real cinder block)house stays much cooler than outside.

Meow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)