Nutty Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty amazing storms for this area we got. There was a report of a tornado that moved a baby ten miles. She passed away Sunday evening. Another report was a certificate from a school in West Liberty KY was found 140 miles away in Nitro WV. Two tornadoes had tracks from KY to WV, one going 50 miles while another one looks to be around 40 miles. The local weather men here said they had not seen an outbreak this bad in all their 25 years of being a meteorologist in this area and that storms just don't stay together like they did this time through the rough terrain of the mountains.

My son and his wife life in Yukon and he works in OKC. I'm terrified for them because of where they live. They don't have an underground shelter, much less a "safe room". :eek:
I harp on him all the time to at the very least, have a strong box, safe room, whatever installed in their garage!
A year or two back he called me because he thought they were about to die as a tornado ripped through his neighborhood in Yukon. He was watching it eat houses and they had nowhere to hide, I was talking to him as it was happening.
It was making me ill to think I might was about to lose my son and his wife. :cry:
They were really lucky, the tornado skipped past their house and they only had some minor wind damage to a few shingles and a widow screen blew off. Other neighbors weren't so lucky.
THAT TIME...

I expect things are getting worse with the global warming. I also expect to see some really evil hurricanes down my way..
I've had some pretty bad luck with hurricanes, two direct hits (Rita & Humberto) and one side-swipe (Ike) in 7 years.
I don't like tornadoes or hurricanes... :mad:

A real sad couple of days last week with all those "big blasts of wind." I know if I had to move to "The Alley", I sure would do whatever it took to build something underground. On the "other side of the storm," the low brought lots of rain to my house and then to snow. Only ended up with 7 inches of slush. Did not take long to snap the belt on my tractor. Gotta find better quality belts. Then up North where Pixl is, they got DUMPED ON! Some reports of 17 inches of slush. That was the bad part, very wet snow.
Update for Monday: 40 degrees and sun. Driveway almost clear. That March sun sure does burn the snow. May see 50+ on Wednesday. Thread says: Nutty Weather.

RT.

Underground is good, but 6 inch concrete reinforced safe room walls work well too.

We are flirting with 80 again today and very high winds again. We have wildfires sprouting all over the place due to the extreme drought we have had for the last year. Most of the crews in NE Oklahoma have been out since yesterday morning. Smells like a big fire all around the metro this morning. Looking for rain starting late wed to thur and lingering thru the weekend with temps dropping back closer to normal in the 50's.

Had a severe outbreak of storms on the 2nd. with highs near 70. Then two days later the temps dropped and had around 5 in. of snow, this is the most we had at one time. It has been a mild winter. Also, keep the folks in Henryville and the surronding areas in your prayers, it is pretty bad there.

9:57 Pm last night RT and I both jumped out of our chairs :eek:and waited for the tree(part)to come in the house. That was one big crack and crash. Bottom of that branch is 16 inches. A little way up it is 12 inches. Whole thing is about 45 feet long. Way too much wind on Wednesday.

RT.

Attachments

• Tree 004A.jpg
    Tree 004A.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 123
  • Tree 001A.jpg
    Tree 001A.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Tree 003A.jpg
    Tree 003A.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 112
May get more snow in Albuquerque toinight, may not get very much but however we alway get bad winds from the mountains.

Right now it's 32*F:eek: so by sunrise it's might get low as 20s*F. I am begging for tropical weather plaese!!:hungry:

Acording to the media this would be considered global warming. But if you want the real reason for global warming you should google HAARP. And yes i is real as I am a radio nut and listen to the broadcasts. No voice just harmonics,but very powerful up to billion of watts aimed at the ionosphere to heat it up. Google it and you be the judge.

May get more snow in Albuquerque toinight, may not get very much but however we alway get bad winds from the mountains.

Right now it's 32*F:eek: so by sunrise it's might get low as 20s*F. I am begging for tropical weather plaese!!:hungry:
I saw your wind storm on the news. As far south as you are, I would think you would be much warmer this time of year. Must be high in the air. Got 25 degrees now. 9 and lower inland. Got a warm up coming Sunday. May see 60's!!! Even with this crazy winter, I am ready for spring and dish fix/setup weather.

I hate tropical weather, I'd send you some of ours if I could ;) ...

It is possible that we're now experiencing our last cool front of the season here in New Orleans, unfortunately. As it gets late in March, the hot weather starts taking over :( ...

I hate tropical weather, I'd send you some of ours if I could ;) ...

It is possible that we're now experiencing our last cool front of the season here in New Orleans, unfortunately. As it gets late in March, the hot weather starts taking over :( ...

Yep.. SE Texas is seeing the last, gasping breath of semi-cool weather this weekend. I'm certain that from here on out it's Hellfire hot for the next 10 months.. :(:flame:

I think today is our last bit of cold weather. It's been raining since 3:30 this morning and a north wind has the windchill in the 40's, but tomorrow thru the next 10 days they are forecasting upper 70's to low 80's with the return of humidity and more much needed rain. We are nearly 24 inchs behind on rainfall for the last 18 months. Today is getting us within a half inch of normal for this year. Winter pretty much skipped us except for about 10 days. The rest of winter was more fall like. We will be entering the regular tornado season in the next few weeks.

Sent from my HTC Flyer

Same here in the south so warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts