Official 622 L4.01 Discussion Thread

One bug I did find is this. If you have favorites setup and one of your lists has Discovery channel on 181 before the update and you go to your favorite list you will see DISC 181 but it's not in HD when I click on it. Then if I manually hit 181 it goes to the HD one and has the HD in the top banner.
Same with all the other channels like A&E, TNT, FOOD etc.

Spooling last night for:

PID: 08B1h, ID: 12KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622
Upgrading FW:
'L401': 'L040'- 'L365'
'L401': 'L040'- 'L365'
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[3-8]1[AB01]' 'RB[BDEGHKL][A-DJ]'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 1-4000000000

PID: 08BDh, ID: 10KC, FW: L401, Model: ViP622/ViP622
Upgrading FW:
'L401': 'ABA1'- 'BHQ1' 'L040'- 'L400'
'L401': 'ABA1'- 'BHQ1' 'L040'- 'L400'
New FW:'L401'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-75766628
List of Serial Numbers:
[267]

Wed Mar 21 23:19:54 2007

Can anybody answer this question? Was it explain already?

Here is your answer.... with a side of a script from my upcoming movie, LOL

I work for a major electronics retailer. The data we have learned from our customers is 73% of people with HDTV "THINK" they are watching HD and dont realize they need a special service or have to go to the special HD channel. I deal with it everyday, customer asking why doesnt this picture look as good as the one in the store?

ME- "Well, what channel are you watching?"
CUSTOMER- "Channel 6 CSI MIAMI"
ME- Can you go to channel 716?
CUSTOMER- "ok, oh wow! thats much better! THANKS!

PS> you must forgive them, they are only mortals.

Not a beta tester, but got L4.01 on one 622--corruption notice and no update on other. Really like the HD map-down feature. Have already had a "training session" with wife on its use! Should stop the need of frequently asking: "Dear, why aren't you watching the HD version of that program?"

I got no corrupted harddrive message on either 622 dvr and I have never got one of those. I still have tv entertainment vod recorded on both of them too. I have no movie video on demands at all now.

I tried the dishcomm features and it doesn't work with my other 622 in the bedroom or vice a versa. I tried to manually add the receivers numbers to each receiver and it didn't work. I haven't tried to plug them into the outlets by themselves yet because I have them plugged into moster power strips in the living room and a surge protecter in the bedroom.

Also I don't know what the hdmi test are for or the upload logs are for as they don't work. IT keeps saying dialing failure on the uploads and the hdmi test don't do anything that I can see except scroll through the different status 1-7 and the hdmi test to reset does nothing that I can tell .

I do love the hd mapdown to the lower numbers. I can lock out the lower versions of the sd channel and lock out the higher number hd version and use the new lower number hd channel instead. For instance channel 118 A& E HD instead of the higher number 9000 range. THis is cleaner in the guide and it looks like eventually they will just mirror all the hd versions to their lower channel sd counterparts just like the locals. THis looks good for the future if they keep on mirroring the hd channels to the lower numbers so they can eventually replace the sd versions entirely. I only hope that when they keep adding hd verisons of channels they don't charge more for them.

The side by side pip is cool and you can swap between them and get the audio . You can easily pause between either pip or both and it stays paused until you swap back and hit pause.

Can't test ota yet since my antenna is down until hopefully today or tommorrow the replacement one is delivered. A little vandalism by some kids caused this.

All in all I love this software and can see the future additions will make the receiver even better. I will report back when I get my ota back in commission.

Can any of you guys explain to me why E* is duplicating all the HD channels (except the Voom channels) in the ALL HD channel lineup? Now there are duplicates of HBO, Shotime, Starz. Also Discovery, National Geography, Food, etc. Why they need to do this? Its confusing to me. Can it be change?

I don't know this as fact, but I would think they just have duplicate channel numbers to get to the same channel, not actually duplicating the signal.

I like having all the HD channels available in one guide. But I can see where the mapdown would be nice for those that prefer it. Much like it is great having the local channels mapdown.

I guess Mike said pretty much the same thing I did in a different manner while I was typing and posting my message.

Last edited:
I wasn't in the beta list and did get the 4.01 upgrade. My receiver number does indeed fall in the range posted by Smith P. 73174765-75766628

Those who weren't on the beta list and got the corruption message may want to check and see if your receiver number is in the posted range. This might let you know if Dishnetwork was trying to upgrade your receiver.

Did anyone lose 110 with this update?

I got an error a few moments ago that told me to run check switch, so I ran it and now 110 is gone.

This is ungood. I hope I don't have 4.01- havta check when I get home. No 110 may be a hint of worse to come.

I hope so here is the problem report I just submitted...

Hi Guys.

I just had my first crash with L4.01.

I was in the main Dish On Demand Screen (I hit the DVR button on my remote)
I noticed that Option 3 – TV Entertainment was not grayed out like it normally is where there is no VOD programming to watch, so I selected it.
There were no programs (I got the Please Check Back Later screen)
I clicked DONE and was back at the Dish on Demand Screen
Now I selected option 2 for movies and more.

The screen went black and a few seconds later I saw a searching for signal screen, it checked different transponders and different satellites looking for a signal (I have 61.5, 110 and 119 using a DPP 44 switch with a DPP Separator to my 622)

After that I got an 002 screen, but the odd part of this screen was that the Channel, satellite and transponder information were BLANK (see the attached bug.jpg.)

Now trying to watch TV and I was getting a check switch error screen. However if I go back into the guide and select another channel I do get a picture. Once this happens all is well again and I can watch TV from any satellite or transponder.

After this happening a few times I did go and did a check switch and now satellite 110 is missing, saying NC. Before doing the check switch I had 110 and in checking the strength on a few 110 transponders signals were in the high 80’s (119 were all around 120) looks like my dish needs a slight tweak to 110) (see bug2.jpg attached) If I go into system info, I do see GREEN where the 110 connection should be. (see bug3.jpg attached)

Why is it green where 110 should be when it’s not there? I also noticed without 110 (after running) check switch the customer service application is grayed out and I no longer have the Dish On Demand screen when hitting the DVR button instead I am taken directly into my DVR recordings.

When I get home tonight I will head out with my Birddog meter and test the dish and LNB and peak as necessary. I will also power cycle the receiver. I am logged into my 625 receiver with my slingbox and

I am reporting this as it seems to be a L4.01 issue, as I had no problems with the L3.65 software. I am told by my wife that 110 is working on the 625. (I am trying to get her to hook it up to the slingbox so I can see it and control it from work)

I should note that no other SatelliteGuys member is reporting this issue, so it could be something hardware related on my side. I wanted to report it, just in case.

Attachments

• bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 210
  • bug2.jpg
    bug2.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 244
  • bug3.jpg
    bug3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 245
I had 61.5 110 and 119 until I ran a check switch.

When I ran it, it went away.

the thing thats strange is on the 625 in the same room the system info screen shows it as GOOD and is showing 61.5 110 and 119 from the same switch.

When I get home I will also swap the 622 and 625 around and see if I have the same issue.

I was not on the beta list but got the update to 4.01. The system came up as normal (no corruption message). I poked around with a variety of features but ran into problems with the side-by-side display.

I had a HD (HBOHD) and a SD displayed side-by-side. I changed the SD to a HD channel (DSCHD). I toggled (swap) between both channels several times. I left for a minute and came back and tried toggling again and there was no response. The toggle was frozen. I pressed the the PIP button to take it "out" of PIP but there was no response to pressing the PIP button - it was frozen. Both pictures were active and sound was working for the channel on the left of the screen.

I then turned off the DVR via the remote, waited about 30 seconds and turned it on again. The two PIP channels came up side by side and were still non-responsive to pressing the swap or PIP buttons.

I turned the DVR off again via the remote button, waited about 30 seconds and turned it on again. This time it started going through the motions of locating each satellite. It completed this and for a moment I saw the screen display indicating it was on HBOHD and then the 622 cycled again and tried to locate the satellites again. This was end endless loop - it kept repeating.

Next I tried pressing the power button on the front of the 622. The 622 came up with the screen where it is searching for the satellites. It never locked on to any of the satellites (stayed at 0 of 5) for about 10 minutes.

At this point I powered the 622 off via the remote. I have my 622 on a UPS so I turned off the UPS. I waited about 60 seconds and turned the UPS on again and powered on the 622 via the remote. It searched out the satellites and came up normally.

At this point I decided to report this incident but only after reproducing the lockup. I was not able to reproduce the lockup. Everything worked as it should, which is good.

I am speculating as to why the lockup happened. I live in the Portland, OR, area and have a Dish 1000. 129 is really marginal and I get dropouts frequently on some channels. I was wondering if I got a dropout during the side-by-side PIP display and this caused the lockup/corruption. Just a guess, nothing to back it up.

Other than that bit of lost time, I really like the changes in 4.01.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)