Official 922 Release Notice

Does this mean if I keep my 622 and add the 922 to my account, my monthly bill will go up $17? Isn't that a bit much?:confused:

Your bill will go up $21; your DVD fee increases from $6 to $10, and a 622, 722, 722k, or 922 added as an additional receiver is an increase of $17, for a total increase of $21. The 922 would be the primary receiver and the 622 would be the secondary receiver.

HEY PEOPLE! If you want it, buy it. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. Amazing how simple some things can be. I myself think it's an amazing receiver. If you want brand new technology expect to pay a premium for it. If you can handle the wait, the price will drop.

Well said.

$200 - $400 to WHAT? LEASE? Something I can't keep? And I have to pay an extra $27 a month to use it? What happened to the free upgrades for current customers? Way to screw it up Dish.

The 922 goes as primary receiver so if you add it to your account without getting rid of any existing receivers, your bill increases by $4 for the increase in the DVD fee from $6 to $10, and an additional increase equal to the receiver fee for whatever receiver is your current primary receiver. Thus if your current primary receiver is a 622, 722, or 722k, there'll be an additional increase of $17; for a 612, an increase of $10, etc.

What happened to the free upgrades for current customers?
What free upgrades?

The only "free" upgrades I can recall are those necessitated by a paradigm shift in technology (811, 921, 942) or those stemming from equipment that DISH has chosen to formally obsolete (721, DishPlayer).

How many people go into a Cadillac dealer and say they should be given a Caddy for $25,000 because they can get a Buick for $25,000?

This device will be available later this year (I am hearing June) that will allow you to watch TV2 in full HD.

http://www.slingmedia.com/get/io_1262728720165.html

I'm also wondering what it will cost, and wondering what networking requirements there are?

It's nearly useless if it requires ethernet. Better, but not perfect if it can use a local wi-fi connection. But best case if they can use coax same as they do with TV2 now.

HEY PEOPLE! If you want it, buy it. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. Amazing how simple some things can be. I myself think it's an amazing receiver. If you want brand new technology expect to pay a premium for it. If you can handle the wait, the price will drop.

Thought Dish might like to know what features their customers say are missing. I'm not pissed at Dish for charging the $200, but I thought they might like to know why I'm not hopping on the bandwagon.

So Scott is 4/7/10 still a go for the VIP-922?? I did not see it on their web site. I will call in tomorrow to order one if I can. So is it still a go for launch??

I would assume the answer is, yes, after all it was them who issued this document last night announcing that the 7th would be launch day. :)

I would not be surprised however that on the 7th you call to order one and have issues getting one... this is DISH Network we are talking about here. :D :D

Thats honestly up to you to decide, as how much is $200 worth to you. :)

I dont think you can buy a HD Slingbox and a 1 Terabyte drive for $200 anywhere, so if you look at it like that its not a bad price.

How many simultanious streams can we get from the 922? If I have 5 PCs in the house, can they all watch video from the 922 at the same time?

I would say that it's very stable, and if you look around here in this forum, you will see others saying the same.

The software really matured over the past few months nicely.

In my case it's not the money that gives me pause, it's the features that seem to be purposely not available that do. Maybe over time as those are or can be added it would make sense to upgrade...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)