Official 922 Release Notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This device will be available later this year (I am hearing June) that will allow you to watch TV2 in full HD.

http://www.slingmedia.com/get/io_1262728720165.html

Are you really watching TV2?

IF that is the case that suggest that only ONE Sling Receiver 300 could be used at any given time. (when it is released)

I agree that this the case with Sling today (one stream) but I thought, (and just my thinking) that this was Dish's way of introducing a Whole House Solution. So if the above limitation is true...it falls grossly short.

Don't ya think?

Last edited:
Two questions:

1) Can I have DISH Network replace by currently leased 622 with a 922 so I don't pay the extra $17 and just pay the $10 DVR Service Fee?

2) By leasing a 922, do I have to sign up for some kind of a one or two year contract? I currently don't have one.

It should still be a go for tomorrow. Distributors already have them in stock.
I have a 922 at home right now and I would have to say that I am pretty disappointed that there is no TV2 output. Other than that, the recevier is pretty awesome.

What about keeping the 722 and just waiting for the 700U to come out, thus making your existing DVR Sling capable minus the terabyte drive and all the entertainment and media pre-loaded you get with the 922. I wonder what the price will be on it, plus will you still be able to use the tv2 output function as we are using today? Also, on the 922, if you are pulling in locals via off-air, can you still watch that content via internet sling, or does it have to come in via satelite? Lastly, I hear Android is coming out with a sling app, I hope it comes out soon!!

I have two 722's and want to replace one with the 922. Will the 922 automatically be designated as the primary receiver so I'm not paying an extra $17.00 a month?

( • $17 Additional ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver Fee – Applicable only if the model ViP922 receiver is in the secondary position on the customer’s account.)

I have two 722's and want to replace one with the 922. Will the 922 automatically be designated as the primary receiver so I'm not paying an extra $17.00 a month?

( • $17 Additional ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver Fee – Applicable only if the model ViP922 receiver is in the secondary position on the customer’s account.)

If its not just call them and ask them to make it your primary.

Are you really watching TV2?

IF that is the case that suggest that only ONE Sling Receiver 300 could be used at any given time. (when it is released)

I agree that this the case with Sling today (one stream) but I thought, (and just my thinking) that this was Dish's way of introducing a Whole House Solution. So if the above limitation is true...it falls grossly short.

Don't ya think?

I don't think this was ever supposed to be a whole house solution. It does fall short of that, but DISH never advertised it as such.

I think that the Sling technology will eventually be used as a base for whole house solutions.

Two questions:

1) Can I have DISH Network replace by currently leased 622 with a 922 so I don't pay the extra $17 and just pay the $10 DVR Service Fee?

2) By leasing a 922, do I have to sign up for some kind of a one or two year contract? I currently don't have one.

No. Unless maybe it's your only receiver.

Yes.

I don't think this was ever supposed to be a whole house solution. It does fall short of that, but DISH never advertised it as such.

I think that the Sling technology will eventually be used as a base for whole house solutions.

So unless they remover the one stream limitation, how do you see this tech ever being used as a MRV solution to more than one TV simultaneously / Whole House Solution?

So unless they remover the one stream limitation, how do you see this tech ever being used as a MRV solution to more than one TV simultaneously / Whole House Solution?

I don't think the 922 specifically, or even Sling specifically, will be used as the MRV solution. I think that the technology that Sling is using, specifically FLASH, will be further developed so that the receivers (probably all of the VIP's) will be able to communicate with each other and with any other FLASH enabled device, such as the newer TV, etc., over the home wifi network.

I don't think the 922 specifically, or even Sling specifically, will be used as the MRV solution. I think that the technology that Sling is using, specifically FLASH, will be further developed so that the receivers (probably all of the VIP's) will be able to communicate with each other and with any other FLASH enabled device, such as the newer TV, etc., over the home wifi network.

Okay...that makes since...

I wonder if our Hollywood friends would throw a fit IF they did implement multiple streams on a local sub-net only? That way there is no chance of broadcast violation/copyright infringement issues? On the surface, it seems it would be the easier path to take...

If true, that's a deal breaker for me. No way I'm signing up for anymore contracts.

Then you can buy one, full price. Monthly fees will be the same anyway.

I don't understand the reluctance for contracts. We invest in the equipment one way or another, and especially so if we have EHDs. It's not like we're going to change satcos and easily as we might change cell companies. Different equipment, dishes, etc.

I just checked mine out a second ago, and looks like its getting another software update. Screen said it was updating vital files on my receiver and not to power it down.

These guys are working hard on the 922!

So is there any coaxial output at all working on this box? If so, would it be live at the same time as using HDMI? I need this to run 2 tv's but I don't need to watch 2 different programs. Guess I could buy a converter if I have to, right?

So is there any coaxial output at all working on this box? If so, would it be live at the same time as using HDMI? I need this to run 2 tv's but I don't need to watch 2 different programs. Guess I could buy a converter if I have to, right?
If you add the MT2 OTA Tuner, it gives you TV1 coax out. :)

I havent tested what the TV2 coax out is actually outputting now (if anything) I will try it tonight before the radio show. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)