Official 922 Release Notice

Probably asking the obvious, but since the 922 is considered a replacement reciever, I could take all the shows on my 622, put them on a EHD, then get the 922 up and running and transfer all my shows I have saved onto the 922?

So, I'm still on a $35 Absolute plan out of contract, if I want to sign a new 2-year and get this bad boy for $200(~ish) do I have to switch to a new crazy expensive plan?

EDIT: And would there be a minimum qualifying one for upgrading to this receiver? I have the 722 now, and only one TV to hook up to.

EHD support

The answer is YES. :)

If EHD is supported will it be compatible with existing EHD's on the 622/722? If so that would make for a nice upgrade process - transfer your existing recordings onto one or more EHD's, install the 922 and bring everything back over from the EHD's.

If not that will make me hesitant to upgrade from my 622.

(I see Rukes had the same idea, but beat me by a few minutes)

If EHD is supported will it be compatible with existing EHD's on the 622/722? If so that would make for a nice upgrade process - transfer your existing recordings onto one or more EHD's, install the 922 and bring everything back over from the EHD's.

If not that will make me hesitant to upgrade from my 622.

(I see Rukes had the same idea, but beat me by a few minutes)

Yes

So, I'm still on a $35 Absolute plan out of contract, if I want to sign a new 2-year and get this bad boy for $200(~ish) do I have to switch to a new crazy expensive plan?

EDIT: And would there be a minimum qualifying one for upgrading to this receiver? I have the 722 now, and only one TV to hook up to.

For cheap plans such as yours, I suspect you'll have to pay $400 up front. If they let you have it at all. Especially now, when in short supply, I think they'd rather ship it to customers that they're making money off of.

For cheap plans such as yours, I suspect you'll have to pay $400 up front. If they let you have it at all. Especially now, when in short supply, I think they'd rather ship it to customers that they're making money off of.

If dish screws me by charging $400 bucks because i am in a rogue plan that they no longer carry, than that gives me every reason to wait out for the 700U and just adding it onto my 722. I am hoping that by summer time it will come out and be alot less cheaper than just replacing my whole damn receiver. Honsestly I just want the integrated sling and could care less about the extra hard drive and online content

Scott, how much is the OTA tuner? In addition, the very idea of recording on the 922 and being able to watch in HD in the bedroom without moving the reciever is great!!

Also, my 622 is begining to sound like a jet taking off after about 2 hours of watching and I am begining to get alot of audio drops on my recordings. Looks like I saved my upgrade for the right time!

Wonder if I can get them to hook me up with the Eastern Arc as 129 lately has been bugging out?

Ok so here is my questions:

1. So I realise this 922 is only designed for one tv with sling output to another tv by using a Sling 300 receiver. (Posted earlier.) So my question is this, how many Sling 300 Receivers can share the sling content?

2. Is the 922 only wifi or does it have ethernet capable. Only reason, if you live in any sort of house that have real walls i.e. concrete walls wifi doesn't really like to penetrate and you cannot get a fast enough signal to stream hd content. I have tried this with a Western Digital Live box running a 54mpbs wireless. It simply doesn't work and requires ethernet.

3. Have any pictures of the 922 been revealed? What does the back of the receiver look like? I wonder if there are additional ports that could be actived at a later day. Any thoughts from anyone?

I'm curious about the OTA tuner as well...didn't I see in some posts that those are in short supply right now? Seems a LOT of folks wanting to replace 622s will be needing that piece too...myself included.

Also, Scott...did they ever enable IR remote compatibility so that we can use our Harmony remotes, or is it still RF only?

I really want a 922 because of the GUI. My internet speed isn't that fast, so I wouldn't really take advantage of Sling. :( I don't know what other features the 922 has. I'll just wait and see until it gets reviewed.

I've been testing this in Alaska since it was in beta and now I won't be able to activate it in Alaska according to the release? This makes no sense. Not sure I understand this logic from Dish, do they think we're still in igloos?

I still have the dealers box, but would like to transfer this to my account.

Scott can you check with your sources and try to find out why?

Because the release software is on a Conus transponder that many in Alaska have trouble getting.

I currently have S101 is there a newer version? Do you know which sat/transponder it's coming from?

My local dealer is going to see if we can get around this, but this blows.

They will let you activate it if you have one.

But if someone from your area calls to lease one they are going to be told no for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)