Official 922 Release Notice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The following has been sent to DISH Network retailers...

We are excited to announce that the ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR receiver (the model ViP922), is planned to be available April 7, 2010! The ViP922 receiver will allow for a high-definition (“HD”), DVR solution for a single TV. With the model ViP922 receivers, customers can enjoy simultaneous, uninterrupted and independent TV viewing between the primary TV in the house and remote viewing on a mobile device or laptop.

This next generation receiver offers the latest top-of-the-line features, including a sleek new user interface and integrated Sling™ capabilities that make it possible to enjoy TV Everywhere™! Combined with 1080p Video on Demand and stunning DISH Network HD programming, the model ViP922 receiver revolutionizes the way customers watch and enjoy their favorite programming! For more information on the model ViP922 receiver, including pricing and features, please continue reading below.

ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver

• Dual-tuner, one-TV receiver • Integrated SlingLoaded™ technology
• SD and HD output on TV1 • 1 terabyte (TB) hard drive
• Universal 32.0 UHF-2G configurable 4-component
remote control
• Capacitive-touch front panel controls

Advanced New User Interface

The model ViP922 receiver features a graphics-rich user interface that is
both stylish and functional. Exciting new features include:
• Colorful and distinctive tile-based menus (see left) make it easy for
users to find what you are looking for with the click of a button.
• Easily navigate the programming guide, DVR and TV-viewing
options.
• Quickly find your favorite channels with network logos and view
poster art for movies and TV shows.
• Home Media allows users to access supported media, including
pictures and music, from equipment on their home network (excludes
streaming video).

Sling Media Placeshifting Technology for TV Everywhere Customers can watch and control programming from their model ViP922 receiver on their laptop, desktop computer, or on compatible mobile devices using a high-speed broadband Internet connection. They can take their DISH Network TV service with them almost anywhere – from the backyard to across the globe!

Using DISH Remote Access on their computer or SlingPlayer Mobile on compatible mobile devices, customers with a model ViP922 receiver can:

• Watch live or recorded television programming with
remote-viewing compatible mobile devices and PCs, and
no need to purchase a SlingBox
• Access their DVR’s My Recordings list
• Schedule DVR timers

Compatible Mobile Devices – In order to view TV from the model ViP922 receiver on a compatible mobile device, customers must access their DISH Network online account at www.dishnetwork.com. Next, select the “DISH Remote Access” link, then click “Go Mobile.” Once customers verify they have a compatible mobile device, they can follow the on-screen setup instructions.

• For the full list of compatible mobile devices, please refer to the set up instructions under the “Go Mobile” link.
• The SlingPlayer App for the iPhone™ and iPod touch® is available for download from the iTunes App Store.

More Features of the ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver

There are even more great features available on the model ViP922, the receiver that won CNET’s “Best of CES 2009” in the Home Video category, including:
• The largest hard drive in the industry: a dual-tuner, one terabyte (TB) DVR with up to 1,000 hours of recoding time
(please note that this includes VOD content and therefore is not the total recording hours that are available for use by the customer);
• Powerful search capabilities, including the ability to quickly search thousands of listings across the Program Guide, DVR and DISH On Demand with predictive search; search by program title, description or actor; and view search results as a standard list or easy-to-read graphical layout.
• Outputs in 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i resolutions;
• Supports Picture-in-Picture (PIP) in Solo mode;
• DISH On Demand (VOD) and DishONLINE (IPVOD) compatible;
• Intuitive timer creation and DVR management allows users to categorize programming by groups (video source, title,
themes) or by content description (date, length, ratings and more); and
• Like the model ViP 722k and ViP 222k receivers, the model ViP922 receiver does not include a built-in over-the-air (OTA) tuner, giving customers the option to purchase an MT2 OTA Module accessory (Part #162303; MSRP $29.99) if they wish to receive digital over-the-air broadcasts.

Pricing and Availability

The model ViP922 receiver will be available for both new and existing residential and commercial Public/Private customers beginning on April 7, 2010.

• Not Available in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands – Please note that at this time, the model ViP922 receiver is NOT available for activation in Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands. Please stay tuned for more information regarding the availability of the model ViP922 receiver in these areas in the future.

MSRP: $649
Existing Customer lease cost $200 - $400

ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver Monthly Fees – Effective April 7, 2010

The following monthly fees may apply to accounts with a model ViP922 receiver:

• $10 DVR Service Fee – Charged in place of the standard $6 per month DVR Service fee.
• $17 Additional ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver Fee – Applicable only if the model ViP922 receiver is in the secondary position on the customer’s account.
o Please note that although the model ViP922 receiver is a single TV solution, the amount of the Additional Receiver fee for the model ViP922 receiver is different from other single-TV HD DVR models because of the several value-added features available on the model ViP922 receiver that are not available on other current DISH receivers

More Information on Installing a ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Receiver
Please see below for specific installation considerations that will be applicable to customer accounts with a model ViP922
receiver.
• ViP922 SlingLoaded DVR Part Number #176646
• Only One Leased Model ViP922 Receiver Allowed Per Account – Customers will be permitted to have only one (1) leased model ViP922 receiver on their account. Customers may purchase additional model ViP922 receivers at MSRP if they wish.
• Broadband Internet Connectivity Required – To enable full functionality of the advanced features of the model ViP922 receiver, a high-speed broadband Internet connection via direct Ethernet or SlingLink is required.
o SlingLink is the New Name for HomePlug Turbo – Please note that we recently changed the name of the HomePlug Turbo connectivity device to “SlingLink.” SlingLink uses the power lines in the customer’s home to connect equipment, such as satellite receivers, to the broadband home network, and eliminates the need to run new Ethernet cables.

• Solo Mode by Default – The model ViP922 receiver is a single-TV solution, and therefore will remain in single user mode by default. The receiver will only go into Duo mode when remote viewing is in session. Once the remote viewing session has ended, the receiver will return to Solo mode. Please note that the MODE button on the front of the receiver will not be enabled and installation of the TV2 physical outputs of the receiver is not supported.

• $10 DVR Service Fee – Charged in place of the standard $6 per month DVR Service fee.
• Solo Mode by Default – The model ViP922 receiver is a single-TV solution, and therefore will remain in single user mode by default. The receiver will only go into Duo mode when remote viewing is in session. Once the remote viewing session has ended, the receiver will return to Solo mode. Please note that the MODE button on the front of the receiver will not be enabled and installation of the TV2 physical outputs of the receiver is not supported.

There are the deal killers for me. No TV 2 means I'd have to get another DVR receiver for the bedroom (or find one of those sling receiver things), and for the lease cost plus extra fee, I could buy a Slingbox Solo, or even almost a Slingbox Pro HD.

Just so I understand...

I currently use all of my 722s and 622 in "Single Mode". When I connect via Sling, it does NOT change to "Dual Mode". I can do everything like Im sitting in my living room.

That is basically how I want the 922 to work.

So, will connecting to the 922 via Sling cause a recording to stop (if both tuners are in use)? Or prevent a timer from firing because its in "Dual Mode?"

Im still thinking Im better off with a SlingBox Pro-HD and upgrade my last 622 to a 722k and hook the Pro-HD up to it.

MSRP: $649

So what is the cost for a new customer? I've been waiting for this, considering switching from DirecTV. My contract is up in a few months, and once the new DirecTV HD shakes out and I can compare both services, I may jump on the 922.

So what is the cost for a new customer? I've been waiting for this, considering switching from DirecTV. My contract is up in a few months, and once the new DirecTV HD shakes out and I can compare both services, I may jump on the 922.

$200 for most new customers. $600 for those on Dish's Pre Paid plans such as DHA TOO.

I talked to dish CSR on Monday to see can I upgrade my 722 on Wednesday to 922 then he said they push back release date on 922
So he don’t know when going to release at this time

PLEASE...

Don't call the CSR's today they don't know anything...

The Release will not be in their systems until tomorrow.

AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT CALL TODAY, YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME!

Exactly what does $200-$400 mean? Is the price going to vary?
The price will vary, if you have been with them awhile and have had your service go into no pay disconnect your cost will be $400, but if your a good customer who pays their bill on time chances are your cost will be $200. :)

Single TV output is a deal breaker for me too. This this is worthless with only one output. Should be 2 TV outputs with sling.
Ditto. I only have one 722 feeding 2 TVs and was interested in replacing it with a 922. I don't want or need a second receiver so I guess I'll wait and see if the TV2 output is ever enabled... :(

Does Dish have any kind of Sling Catcher device, it looks like Sling has pretty much discontinued that (it's not in stock anywhere). I actually like the idea of having one 922 for the house and a Sling Catcher type device in the bedroom.

Are other Dish Receivers going to be able to receive the feeds, or are we just limited to computers and mobile phones? This is so close to being the perfect solution for me.

HEY PEOPLE! If you want it, buy it. If you don't think it's worth the money, don't buy it. Amazing how simple some things can be. I myself think it's an amazing receiver. If you want brand new technology expect to pay a premium for it. If you can handle the wait, the price will drop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)