OH NO VERIZON! New shared plans announced

Yes, I have it, but I don't intend to JB my wife's phone. and she needs tethering. Plus, I am planning on going to iOS 6 anyways.

AND the bigger reason for the switch was SHE wanted an iPHONE, and I did not want to pay $600 for it just to be able to keep my contract. I am trying to convince myself that the cost is really just $5 more than it would be if I paid for a mobile hotspot, and I get the ability to do it on both iPhones. (Heck, I won't even let my kid know he can do it on his phone).

Looks like people were gaming the system... Avoid Dying if Your Family Likes Verizon Unlimited Data - Verizon Cracks Down on Unlimited Data Loophole | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

Essentially using the family plan to upgrade and keep unlimited data...

p.s. I bet your kid figures out the hotspot feature pretty quickly...

Looks like people were gaming the system... Avoid Dying if Your Family Likes Verizon Unlimited Data - Verizon Cracks Down on Unlimited Data Loophole | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

Essentially using the family plan to upgrade and keep unlimited data...

p.s. I bet your kid figures out the hotspot feature pretty quickly...

He doesn't need it though, and even more - he knows I'll make him pay any extras in terms of overages. :) ) Notice his bandwidth usage on the DX, in 10 days .08 GB.

rockymtnhigh said:
He doesn't need it though, and even more - he knows I'll make him pay any extras in terms of overages. :) ) Notice his bandwidth usage on the DX, in 10 days .08 GB.

But now it's shared data, so he can blame the overages on your usage instead! :)

But now it's shared data, so he can blame the overages on your usage instead! :)

You can still tell what each line uses. I truly am not worried about this, given his data usage patterns. He does NOT have my spotify account, and does not have iTunes Match (since he isn't even on an iPhone), he uses very little data. The kid texts, thousands and thousands of texts, and checks FB mobile. He uses his iPod for music, and his PC for games.

My wife's iPhone shipped. She is excited and happy. Thus, everyone is happy. :)

The kid texts, thousands and thousands of texts, and checks FB mobile. He uses his iPod for music, and his PC for games.

I just don't get the texting thing as my daughter is the same way. I don't see how she can send so many texts in a single month. Her explanation is that only 1/2 of those are her as the rest are ones that she is receiving. ;)

My nieces average over 6000 texts a month each.:eek: I am sure more than half of them are things like yes, no, OMG and LOL responses too.

I have some people that getting a quick answer involves a 20 minute story, so sending a text is the way to go.

My nieces average over 6000 texts a month each.:eek: I am sure more than half of them are things like yes, no, OMG and LOL responses too.

I have some people that getting a quick answer involves a 20 minute story, so sending a text is the way to go.

I wish my oldest averaged 6000. Over the past year she is around the 9k to 10k per month. :eek:

I wish my oldest averaged 6000. Over the past year she is around the 9k to 10k per month. :eek:

thats just rediculous 9k a month is @300 a day, or 12.5 an hour. thats 1 every 4.8 minutes

does she ever put the phone down?

I just don't get the texting thing as my daughter is the same way. I don't see how she can send so many texts in a single month. Her explanation is that only 1/2 of those are her as the rest are ones that she is receiving. ;)

It is true that half are received, but yeah, it is constant communication. And what on earth do they talk about?

And yes, I average 11 posts here a day, but that is over 24 hours, and not in 20 minutes! :)

Guys, check your kid's text messages (yes, we do). It will be filled with single messages consisting of:

lol
smh
what r u doin
nothin
idk
ok (or k)

My nephew texts while playing xbox (and is on the headset with a bunch of his friends talking). Like playing in a crowd but being all alone... We are raising a generation of hermits, but very social hermits... With very dexterous thumbs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts