Ohio State does not want to play LSU in the BCS Championship...

Where are those FAST loud-mouthed LSU fans now??? hmmmmmm......

No, Ohio State doesn't want to play LSU, cuz they(LSU) won't be in the BCS Championship game!

The same place most OSU fans were when they lost a few weeks ago. Except most LSU fans probably hope Michigan makes Miles an offer.:)

The same place most OSU fans were when they lost a few weeks ago. Except most LSU fans probably hope Michigan makes Miles an offer.:)

I felt your pain, but do not any longer. Will be interesting to see if LSU also drops to #7 (or lower) like OSU did. I still think that was too far for a 1 loss team late in the season.

I felt your pain, but do not any longer. Will be interesting to see if LSU also drops to #7 (or lower) like OSU did. I still think that was too far for a 1 loss team late in the season.

You did not feel my pain. I am a Auburn Tiger fan not a LSU tigerfan.:D

As far as the ranking. Depends on how the other games go tomorrow. I do belive LSU will drop too far to get back into any national championship game. The only advantage of playing in a conference championship game is that it gives you another game to play your self back into the picture. It can also give you a chance to play right out of the picture also.

Unfortunatly as it may be, Illini will NOT be going to the Rose Bowl this year , if OSU goes to the NC game.

Michigan would go :

Michigan 27
Illinois 17

Therefore M has the tiebreaker

Jimbo

Great, we get to have our asses handed back to us by USC ---- AGAIN.

Go Blue!!! Would love to see LLoyd go out a winner, though.

NOPE....I am telling you that THIS YEARS Championship game could be played by 2 teams with 2 loses....LOL

...THEN ALL KINDS of team will be hooping an hollering that THEY with ONE or TWO loses deserves to be playing in the Championship game....

...which will turn into craziness and MAYBE...JUST MAYBE we can FINALLY have a serious discussion about a playoff system....

..so ALL in favor of a playoff should REALLY hope the top 4 or 5 teams keep losing....

To ignore a one-loss team (Ohio State) would be criminal. They deserve another shot at the championship.

Jimbo,

You are wrong about the Illini/mich point: after the B10 champ, there is no tie-breaker. The fact that Mich beat Ill doesn't mean anything except in the eyes of the bowl reps. They have final decison on whom they pick. Mich does not have a high enough ranking to qualify for a BCS bowl, but Illinois may.

From BCSfootball.org:

"Any Division I-A program can qualify for at-large consideration if it wins nine or more games and is ranked 14 or higher in the BCS standings. "

this was also expanded to 16 this year to ensure enough eligable teams (remember, no conf can have more that 2 BCS berths)

Illinois sits at 17 now. If OSU makes the title game and Ill slips into the top 16, look for the Rose bowl to take Illinois to complete a B10-PAC10 game

well, personally i would love to see zooker play in the rose bowl (and after beating the buckeyes, he'd have a good chance, considering the rules on the at-large pool, expanded) because we wouldn't have to play him in the........jeremy foley, what were you thinking.....bowl!

To ignore a one-loss team (Ohio State) would be criminal. They deserve another shot at the championship.

IF the Big 12 winner has one loss and and West Virginia wins out....Ohio State will be looking at the BCS championship from a TV....plain and simple.
IF Ohio State is the LONE 1-loss team, yes, they will be playing for the BCS championship. IF there is more than one 1-loss teams....then OSU could be in trouble.....late season losses are crushing....ESPECIALLY at home to at the time, a non-ranked Illini. YOU should know that Paul.

IF the Big 12 winner has one loss and and West Virginia wins out....Ohio State will be looking at the BCS championship from a TV....plain and simple.
IF Ohio State is the LONE 1-loss team, yes, they will be playing for the BCS championship. .

I'd like to correct this statement: IF kansas or missu wins out AND WVU does the same, then its extremely likely that OSU will be in the Rose bowl (kansas/missu is a lock; still a chance on WVU on how they play but highly unlikely)
A kansas win today and loss in the B12 title game WILL knock them out IMO and that would put kansas with only one loss.

For OSU: OU wins B12 or WVU slips, there in!

For kansas/Missu/WVU: Win out and your in; lose and your done!

In a year for crazyness, don't rule out Georgia or OU. OU rolls big tonight and in the B12 title game and WVU falls, they might sneak in. Georgia would need help big [uk beating UT today and then ROLLING LSU (it would have to really impress the voters)]

A two loss team in the title game may be a possibility.

Where are those FAST loud-mouthed LSU fans now??? hmmmmmm......

No, Ohio State doesn't want to play LSU, cuz they(LSU) won't be in the BCS Championship game!

I'd say McFadden looked pretty FAST, wouldn't you? He'd run circles around that Illini QB. ;)

I thought last week it looked like WV and tOSU had the best shot at the MNC. Looks like that might be the case if OU steps up to the plate in the Big12 championship. However, the Big2 needs to make a better showing in the big game than they did last year, and the Rose Bowl as well - conference respect is on the line. WV and USC look pretty FAST! :D

Jimbo,

You are wrong about the Illini/mich point: after the B10 champ, there is no tie-breaker. The fact that Mich beat Ill doesn't mean anything except in the eyes of the bowl reps. They have final decison on whom they pick. Mich does not have a high enough ranking to qualify for a BCS bowl, but Illinois may.

From BCSfootball.org:

"Any Division I-A program can qualify for at-large consideration if it wins nine or more games and is ranked 14 or higher in the BCS standings. "

this was also expanded to 16 this year to ensure enough eligable teams (remember, no conf can have more that 2 BCS berths)

Illinois sits at 17 now. If OSU makes the title game and Ill slips into the top 16, look for the Rose bowl to take Illinois to complete a B10-PAC10 game

Well that seems like a stupid rule. If one team beats the other and they have the same record why would the winner not be the one to go ? Wouldn't seem to make sense...

I was at the LSU vs Arkansas game. Very exciting game to say the least. Had a great time! LSU played very poorly and I won't hesitate to say I knew they were going to lose the game before the half time. Flynn just wasn't in the game and it hurt everyone. They didn't deserve to win this one by luck again.

On another note, I figured CBS would have tried to cut out some of the chanting but as I'm watching the game back to catch a few things I missed, you can't help but notice the entire crowd chanting BS BS BS over and over a couple of times during the 4th quarter. Pretty funny... But I guess it doesn't count as you hear worse things on regular TV now days.

I was really surprised at the turnout of the crowd. I think they said 93k or 92k..full house. Now if I can just get my hearing back after the 3 OT.

Attachments

• 100_2699.JPG
    100_2699.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • 100_2696.JPG
    100_2696.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
  • 100_2700.JPG
    100_2700.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
scottc98;1122667 In a year for crazyness said:
This is what I was thinking after the LSU loss, I just figure the insanity has to stop soon.

I don't think Kansas can beat OU, but Missouri hung with OU and might have won if not for two mistakes in the 4th quarter earlier in the season.

This is what I was thinking after the LSU loss, I just figure the insanity has to stop soon.

I don't think Kansas can beat OU, but Missouri hung with OU and might have won if not for two mistakes in the 4th quarter earlier in the season.

I don't see WV losing and Missouri is handing it to Kansas so far ... lots of time left though 14-0 still 9 to go in the first half.

Jimbo

ponder this.....its still possible that ohio state and kansas can play for the national championship. i'm presuming tonites bcs rankings will be: west virginia, mizzou, ohio state, kansas, georgia, usc and oklahoma. west va and mizzou can both lose next saturday. hence, my prediction of ohio state and kansas.

I thought that WVU had a chance to be jumped if they won out closely but after last night, no way. Win against Pitt and they are in!

OU can still make it IMO but it would need Pitt to win. It would have helped if kansas won last night as a 2nd defeat of Mizzu won't be as great as knocking down a undefeated Kansas.
Even though it happened in 2001 (NeB), i can't see kansas getting in even if others fall. People talk about tOSU and WVU's schedules, take a close look at kansas. I'd be the first to tell you that I don't want to see a 2 loss team in the title game, but a OU team that won the B12 and beat the same team that beat kansas (twice) holds more weight.

Any chance for Georgia (and IMO, LSU) went out the door when UK blew it in 4 ot's

I'd be curious to see the BCS rankings tonight and see where USC, Ok, LSU, and kansas fall.

I truely think that OU has the only shot of the 2 loss teams. I know that LSU loss 2 games in OT, but its still fresh in everyone's heads. Plus, beating Tenn again isn't as great as beating Mizzu again. USC looks great now that they are healthy but too much ground to catch up. Plus, they loss to STANFORD AT HOME!!! A cardinal sin as far as I am concerned (no pun intended : ) ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)